Our Away Support

Big Dave

A pal and his kid wanted to go to the game today for the wee fellas first ever footie match. Both them and I were impressed with our great away support in terms on numbers and noise. Both want to come back for more-well done to our brilliant fans again!

The fans really got behind the team today which was no more than the team deserved with the effort and performance they gave. I however was gutted at havin to pay £8 for an under 16. I was later told Falkirk charged their own under 16's £5 dunno if this is true but if it is surely they cant be allowed to get away with that, plus the fact we let their under 16's in free its nothing more than robbery

The fans really got behind the team today which was no more than the team deserved with the effort and performance they gave. I however was gutted at havin to pay £8 for an under 16. I was later told Falkirk charged their own under 16's £5 dunno if this is true but if it is surely they cant be allowed to get away with that, plus the fact we let their under 16's in free its nothing more than robbery

sick of this situation.

Jags have set the stall out on this and others should follow.

How can Falkirk charge youngsters so much when there kids get into Firhill for free !

No wonder the game in Scotland is fecked !!

Respect to the board for introducing and continuing this for what is our 3rd year ?? i think.

Shame on the rest of the clubs.

Same price for same accommodation. If it's a different stand you can charge a different price.

Yeah I'm aware of that, but you won't charge the home fans a different price than the away fans. If the main stand was say £18 quid then it was £18 for both sets of fans. If stands behind goals were say £15 then it was £15 for both sets of fans.

sick of this situation.

Jags have set the stall out on this and others should follow.

How can Falkirk charge youngsters so much when there kids get into Firhill for free !

No wonder the game in Scotland is fecked !!

Respect to the board for introducing and continuing this for what is our 3rd year ?? i think.

Shame on the rest of the clubs.

To be fair to other clubs some of them are trying to keep kids prices down. Raith was £20 for an adult and under16 i think Morton was £19. IMO £8 for an under 16 is way too much

The feeshell site always has the prices before the game. For Falkirk it looks like this...

Prices

Adult £16

Concession £11

Under 16 £8

Primary School £5

I applaud our Kids for Free scheme and I'm sure it benefits the club now and it will continue to do so in the long term - regardless of the financial plu/minus it's just the right thing to do anyway.

I'd suggest it's worth considering the price and kids policy of other grounds before we travel.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was only £16 for adults, compared to £17 at Firhill.

Just some random rambling about pricing.....

The concessions tho' at Falkirk are £11 (same as us) and parking £4 (not that I've parked there). In our favour we let the kids in for zilch so Firhill will be cheaper than Falkirk for parents.

Btw I still maintain that the biggest rip off in the league is at Cappielow where in my view we're either made to sit at an uncovered end or squeezed into the DVT Stand with a much restricted view. Morton fans can stand or sit (with ample leg room) under cover with unrestricted view. Of course they can if they so wish stand at their end and get soaked or suffer cramp at their end of the DVT. They have at least a choice whereas we've none.

The concessions tho' at Falkirk are £11 (same as us) and parking £4 (not that I've parked there). In our favour we let the kids in for zilch so Firhill will be cheaper than Falkirk for parents.

Btw I still maintain that the biggest rip off in the league is at Cappielow where in my view we're either made to sit at an uncovered end or squeezed into the DVT Stand with a much restricted view. Morton fans can stand or sit (with ample leg room) under cover with unrestricted view. Of course they can if they so wish stand at their end and get soaked or suffer cramp at their end of the DVT. They have at least a choice whereas we've none.

With a bit of luck we won't need to go there next season.

Apparently Ayr fans were let in the Cowshed this season, that would be cracking if we could get in there, would mean Morton away would be a must visit as opposed to now where unless it's a huge game you can default to the "I'm not sitting in that crappy wee stand" excuse.

A pal and his kid wanted to go to the game today for the wee fellas first ever footie match. Both them and I were impressed with our great away support in terms on numbers and noise. Both want to come back for more-well done to our brilliant fans again!

Great stuff when even the Jags fans were singing to Mr. Collum that he didn't know what he was doing when he flashed his red card.