Proposed Move Of Singing Section

ian_mac

There is no intention to make it processed however given our current position it has to be a joint venture to get it off the Ground after that its up to the Fans -regards banners -we wont fill the North Stand it helps the overall look in my opinion -Banners are big in Europe but less so in the UK in general -my own experience is that they can help lift the fans if done well.

Agreed. The two massive dirty grey sheets in the main stand (seat protection against bird shit?) currently make the place look even shabbier than it is. Simply replacing those by Jags colours might make it look slightly less awful.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Are you sure, Will? I thought the bar takings were separate from any catering.

Pretty sure that when the new caterers took over at the start of the Season, they also took on the bar as part of their remit. I distinctly remember metnion of them not being very happy at the lack of functions that took place at Firhill therefore impacting on any bar takings. Maybe JJ will know for sure but he doesn't seem to be answering any questions I ask?

I like children, I do, honest!

However, I just feel that it would be nice to have an adults section, where I don't need to worry about watching my language, or have to listen to children having a melt down over something. Or cringe at some of the awful things kids say - that boy on Saturday for anyone who was in the shed will know what I am talking about.

I am all for a shed with no children. The shed would be a bit more fun imo and we might actually be a bit more creative in our song. As Potty trained said, we currently sing the same 5 songs on repeat - boring really! Shed with no kids would be best imo!!

Obviously, I have asked this as me and my mates go to the games and we are all turning 16 this year. Every week we all go to the not-much-singing "singing section" and do our best to join in.

I have supported the Jags for almost 12 years now and i just feel it would be a bit unfair were we not allowed to support our team in the best way we can due to our age/ height!

But I do understand some peoples problems as ther was one right annoying girl on week (at the morton game possibly?) But what I am trying to say is that we want to proudly cheer on our lads and I would not like to have to stand in the JH stand having to watch a great atmosphere just a short distance away.

Maybe JJ will know for sure but he doesn't seem to be answering any questions I ask?

I take it you mean the following, Will?

A question for JJ... has there been any consultation with the Police about arrangements if we were to get promoted and would potentially have a bigger away support visiting? Of if we were drawn against an SPL side in a Cup Tie?

In my opinion, Will, this only really matters for the old firm, having been to 6 or 7 SPL games this season, travelling supports are not that big, infact i'd say they are close to the 1000 mark.

That gives you the the whole main stand and the North Section of the JHS to hand over (close to 2500 seats).

Jim will be able to give a more accurate answer to, has that speciic subject been talked about, but i would say that right now it's not the most important factor, and would only become more important if this innitiative was a success, AND we were to gain promotion.

Maybe more important would be if we were to draw the old firm in a cup game, where they would require more than the 2500?

i would suggest, the easiest resolution would be:

give them the south end of the JHS, up to a line where thistle fans sell to... and give them the main stand (again only my opinion).

this would allow the jags fans behind the goal (1200?) fans, plus however many sections from north to south, we sell... it would also allow home away fan interaction as they would be in the main stand, and we would be in the north stand.

but when push comes to shove, these discussions are ongoing, and will go into greater detail through the summer, with the police... and should we get the old firm in the cup... in even more detail.

hope that helps, and as i say, its only my suggestion. but certainly, anything like that, even in the present situation, would only be finalised, with police input.

Obviously, I have asked this as me and my mates go to the games and we are all turning 16 this year. Every week we all go to the not-much-singing "singing section" and do our best to join in.

I have supported the Jags for almost 12 years now and i just feel it would be a bit unfair were we not allowed to support our team in the best way we can due to our age/ height!

But I do understand some peoples problems as ther was one right annoying girl on week (at the morton game possibly?) But what I am trying to say is that we want to proudly cheer on our lads and I would not like to have to stand in the JH stand having to watch a great atmosphere just a short distance away.

We'll out-sing them from the JH stand!

• Members

I take it you mean the following, Will?

A question for JJ... has there been any consultation with the Police about arrangements if we were to get promoted and would potentially have a bigger away support visiting? Of if we were drawn against an SPL side in a Cup Tie?

In my opinion, Will, this only really matters for the old firm, having been to 6 or 7 SPL games this season, travelling supports are not that big, infact i'd say they are close to the 1000 mark.

That gives you the the whole main stand and the North Section of the JHS to hand over (close to 2500 seats).

Jim will be able to give a more accurate answer to, has that speciic subject been talked about, but i would say that right now it's not the most important factor, and would only become more important if this innitiative was a success, AND we were to gain promotion.

Maybe more important would be if we were to draw the old firm in a cup game, where they would require more than the 2500?

i would suggest, the easiest resolution would be:

give them the south end of the JHS, up to a line where thistle fans sell to... and give them the main stand (again only my opinion).

this would allow the jags fans behind the goal (1200?) fans, plus however many sections from north to south, we sell... it would also allow home away fan interaction as they would be in the main stand, and we would be in the north stand.

but when push comes to shove, these discussions are ongoing, and will go into greater detail through the summer, with the police... and should we get the old firm in the cup... in even more detail.

hope that helps, and as i say, its only my suggestion. but certainly, anything like that, even in the present situation, would only be finalised, with police input.

That was the question Dave. I'd say in an OF situation, it would be easier to keep the Jags fans totally in the JHS and give the OF fans the North Stand. I don't see how the Police would agree to having two sets of fans in the same stand in this day and age unneccarily. Just curious if it has been discussed though. Have the OF been housed alongside the St Mirren fans at any games in Paisley this season?

That was the question Dave. I'd say in an OF situation, it would be easier to keep the Jags fans totally in the JHS and give the OF fans the North Stand. I don't see how the Police would agree to having two sets of fans in the same stand in this day and age unneccarily. Just curious if it has been discussed though. Have the OF been housed alongside the St Mirren fans at any games in Paisley this season?

2 games this could fall into this bracket.

Ive been to a celtic league game and the hearts cup replay. One a saturday, one a dark wednesday night. Both occasions the away fans got the usual away stand.

They also shared a stand, the west stand, which runs the length of the pitch.

There was very little segregation inside the stand. And no segregation outside the ground.

All very interesting and not one negative posts I don't think.

I would like to see this in real time before I pass judgement.

Glad to see something happening, it may well reverse my decision re going to games or indeed the number I attend.

Look forward to giving it a bash next season!

Guest fredthecheesecloth

When we draw Manchester United in the 2054 Champions League qualifiers, what will happen with seating?

I need answers man, answers!

Out of interest, why do some feel there is a need to trial this?

would it not be best to just set a date for it to happen and just get on with it?

The stand decked out in Thistle flags, banners etc sounds great and hopefully plenty of noise coming out the place. We need to make Firhill a place that opposing teams don't look forward to going to. A "fortress" if you will. Want them to enjoy the facilities, the atmosphere but not the result.

To me moving the "singing section" will be a start..............Actually think by doing this you'll encourage a better atmosphere in the family section as quite a few of us dad's in there like singing jags songs, as do a good few of the kids.

To me moving the "singing section" will be a start..............Actually think by doing this you'll encourage a better atmosphere in the family section as quite a few of us dad's in there like singing jags songs, as do a good few of the kids.

What is stopping the dads from singing songs just now? Do you mean moving the family section to the North Stand too, otherwise how would this move affect the family section? I'd have thought that keeping the singing section and family sections separate would have been important?

What is stopping the dads from singing songs just now? Do you mean moving the family section to the North Stand too, otherwise how would this move affect the family section? I'd have thought that keeping the singing section and family sections separate would have been important?

i think he means the family section remaining in the JHS ... being in view of, across from, and in ear shot of the singing section will have a knock on effect on the atmosphere in the family section...

Stated this before but I'll say it again.

The idea of a trial was considered. However, my own personal view is that we SHOULD NOT have a trial. If we had a trial, everyone would know it was a trial and if it didn't go well the whole thing could lose momentum. How many people actually attend pre-season friendlies anyway? We really would be facing an uphill battle.

First home game of next season, new optimism, get the stand decked out in colours, let's arrive with a bang. Rolling it out in dribs and drabs would be the wrong decision in my opinion.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Agree Ian, if the team could arrange to win the game, preferably with a last minute winner, this would be ideal and show thier support!

The idea of a trial was considered. However, my own personal view is that we SHOULD NOT have a trial. If we had a trial, everyone would know it was a trial and if it didn't go well the whole thing could lose momentum. How many people actually attend pre-season friendlies anyway? We really would be facing an uphill battle.

First home game of next season, new optimism, get the stand decked out in colours, let's arrive with a bang. Rolling it out in dribs and drabs would be the wrong decision in my opinion.

Totally agree.

See, things are improving. Me, you, FTCC and PT will be friends before you know it.............That bang on the head today really has affected me more than I thought !!

:lol:

I agree with this. One more silly question. I was thinking of buying a flag, are all red and yellow national flags okay or will there be some pc nonsense if I buy the wrong flag?

I agree with this. One more silly question. I was thinking of buying a flag, are all red and yellow national flags okay or will there be some pc nonsense if I buy the wrong flag?

Frankly, whatever you turn up with it'll probably get a daft pc negative reaction from somebody. We've had complaints about the German flag (nazis), a RYB version of the union flag (BNP) and probably others that escape me. Good luck!