Proposed Move Of Singing Section

ian_mac

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too clear about where the kids section is going to be situated. If the away fans are in the north end of the JH stand then how much of the stand will be allocated to them? Will it be the same number of seats that is in the north stand?

I've sat almost at the half-way line ever since the JH was opened as I prefer sitting there to being at one end. Will I now have to move towards the city end because I'm going to be in the kids section?

• Members

1. This will take time. It may be that only 50 odd fans move across initially, and some cynics may label us a laughing stock.

2. There will of course be the usual cynicism about change. But for anyone looking to have a dig at this, are you happy for things to remain as they are?

Never liked the fact that the away team could potentially get a boost by shooting in towards their own fans whilst we, the home team, didn't get that advantage. So this venture to me is excellent. Never really been one of the singing crowd and probably wont make my way over there but you guys have my admiration for at least trying something. And it's pleasing to see that so far there has been no criticism of the decision or cynicism shown yet. I think we all hope it will be a big success and spur the team on in the future.

Big thumbs up from me! :thumbsup2:

Under 16s will not be allowed - the kids section wil remain in the JH beside the away fans. In the days of the old shed, I remember it being something to aspire to, something to look forward to when you were older.

You had me at the no kids! The last few weeks have been horrendous! So new North Stand Shed - I cannot wait! Don't let me down!

I

From what i can tell the move will only effect 30 people who have a season ticket.

If you sit at the half way line you wouldnt be effected.

It had better not be me again as i`ve already had to move to accomodate the hospitality section

Predictably enough, the usual 2 suspects playing the cynicism card already.

Julie Ann, your posts have absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

To everyone else, thanks for the positive feedback. Remember, this is about the fans, and enabling us to provide better backing for the team.

Any ideas please post them here.

The smoking area is a great point, and one which hadn't been discussed before, but certainly will now.

Great to hear this, I'm another that's been banging on about using the North Stand for ages. I always thought the away fans would have to go to the City end if this was the case for entry / exit purposes. Suppose it would mean shifting too many ST holders if we did though.

With regard to flare and fireworks, this will be down to the police.

I know there was some at the celtic game in the celtic end, but im not sure if this was done against stadium guidelines.

I wouldnt be fussed if this was a no no as the repercutions if a disguarded Unused flare can be costly and time consuming for the club.

All sounds very positive to me and Dave & Ian should be applauded for putting over what's been the consensus view on the various Jags forums for years.

Even If it causes logistical/policing difficulties at say a cup game against an ugly sister there's good problems and bad problems. That would be most surely be a good one.

Maybe missed it but didn't see a response to Jaggernaut's query about away fans leaving the JHS. Will they be free to leave as normal?

Note from admin:

The discussion from the this thread regarding the One Thistle team and any apparent lack of transparency has been separated and included in a new thread titled "One Thistle" Discussion. If there have been any posts you feel have split into the wrong topic, just click the report button and let us know.

cracking idea, the only thing is its a bit naff saying no under 16's, getting the wee guys in and teaching them all the songs will be a good idea, although i dont want it to be like a 'green brigade' stand waving flags with no relevance to scottish football at all. it must be named the johnnie lambie stand, get a big flag with a picture of lambie to pin up at the back

Should be worth a shot . I think the under 16 's rule should be changed though maybe under 12 if at all . I remember being in the old shed aged 14 / 15 and the atmosphere was the one thing that kept me coming back . The youngsters should get a taste of this and hopefully get a sense of belonging , singing and shouting with their Mates .

Should be worth a shot . I think the under 16 's rule should be changed though maybe under 12 if at all . I remember being in the old shed aged 14 / 15 and the atmosphere was the one thing that kept me coming back . The youngsters should get a taste of this and hopefully get a sense of belonging , singing and shouting with their Mates .

Agree with this. The few times I've been up the city end too there is a cluster of weans in that 12-16 age bracket.

Edited by MWM

:thumbsup2: and they should trial :drink2: and let us take a carry out in with us!

Lady isobel, logistics like that are still in discussion with the police to ensure everything is done correctly.

Thankfully we have previous games where the JHS has been shared, to demonstrate how it can be done successfully.

:thumbsup2:

As for the older kids not getting in the North Stand it may be to do with effective monitoring of the free admission rather than policy.

If you look at the shed end just now, there are very few under 16s there, maybe a gang of 4 who sit in the back corner.

You could also look at if there was to be a smoking section outside the stand, there is more chance of this being allowed if it is an over 16s stand.

If there are kids if 15 or 16 in the JHS. They will be singing too. Playing off of the shed, creating sn atmosphere that encloses the away fans.

Good point. I think that many youngsters enjoy being in with the singing adults. Maybe a rule something like no unaccompanied children below 12 years of age in the cauldron North Stand?

Edited by Jaggernaut