Proposed Move Of Singing Section

ian_mac

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, whatever you turn up with it'll probably get a daft pc negative reaction from somebody. We've had complaints about the German flag (nazis), a RYB version of the union flag (BNP) and probably others that escape me. Good luck!

Did we have complaints about the German flag? The horizontal black red n yellow one? Why? It's got nothing at all to do with Nazism. The Union Flag- I can understand where some folk might be coming from with that but surely no the current German flag.... :huh:

Frankly, whatever you turn up with it'll probably get a daft pc negative reaction from somebody. We've had complaints about the German flag (nazis), a RYB version of the union flag (BNP) and probably others that escape me. Good luck!

To be quite honest, if anyone is that easily offended they probably won't be in the singing section anyway. German flags, Belgian flags, bring them all, the more the merrier.

I don't want anyone being put off this initiative for fear of the PC brigade

couple of years ago the kids were each given flags if the joined the kids club. They were quite big and red and yellow check. Then at the "What a sensation night" they were giving more of them away.

You could sound out the club to see if any more of these are around. May be some of the more creative ones of the support could add writing to them. Could even look to stitch a few of them together and make one huge one.

Just a thought.

Did we have complaints about the German flag? The horizontal black red n yellow one? Why? It's got nothing at all to do with Nazism. The Union Flag- I can understand where some folk might be coming from with that but surely no the current German flag.... :huh:

Daft, isn't it. But the "nazi" comment was raised in an older debate about the union flag. Of course it isn't a nazi flag, but I would also argue that a RYB flag in the in the same basic form of a union flag isn't anything to do with Brit. nationalism.

couple of years ago the kids were each given flags if the joined the kids club. They were quite big and red and yellow check. Then at the "What a sensation night" they were giving more of them away.

You could sound out the club to see if any more of these are around. May be some of the more creative ones of the support could add writing to them. Could even look to stitch a few of them together and make one huge one.

Just a thought.

I rather enjoyed the lion rampant flags with Partick Thistle on the sides in black that got sold at the Scottish Cup semi against the debt cheats h u n s at Hampden. Still got one somewhere.

I have got a lion rampant flag somewhere, that should do the trick.

Better yet, this Catalan flag is pretty cool:

burro-catalan.jpg

They could even sell this version in the club shop and call it 'the Tommy Stewart'. ;)

Ha ha!

I think this one would be pretty neat with a Jags logo in the centre:

http://balkans360.com/images/balkans-countries-flags/national-flag-of-macedonia.gif

Ha ha!

I think this one would be pretty neat with a Jags logo in the centre:

http://balkans360.co...f-macedonia.gif

Ooft, that's a belter of a flag! :thumbsup:

I still haven't forgiven that particular country for beating Scotland in 2008 though, so I might give that one a miss. <_<

Does anyone know where theses flags can be obtained from?

Any design of flag so long as it's red black and yellow.

Even better would be to stitch together opposing political or cultural banners, re-coloured in RB&Y, as a sign that we welcome all races, creeds, political movements and religions on the understanding that come 3pm on a saturday it's Jags that unites us and is the Jags success we promote and support.

What's wrong with the "union jag"? At least it has red black and yellow on it.

Best of all though, would be for those bringing flags to put a little thought and creativity into designing their own rather than using existing motifs which may be viewed by those less tolerant, (and a little bit more stoopid!) than ourselves to carry misconstrued connotations.

We are ment to be the artistic west end luvvies after all. Let's f**kin show all these cheeky c*ntos what cool ass mutha f*ckaaaaz we is, innit? Y'getme blood?

Any design of flag so long as it's red black and yellow.

Even better would be to stitch together opposing political or cultural banners, re-coloured in RB&Y, as a sign that we welcome all races, creeds, political movements and religions on the understanding that come 3pm on a saturday it's Jags that unites us and is the Jags success we promote and support.

What's wrong with the "union jag"? At least it has red black and yellow on it.

Best of all though, would be for those bringing flags to put a little thought and creativity into designing their own rather than using existing motifs which may be viewed by those less tolerant, (and a little bit more stoopid!) than ourselves to carry misconstrued connotations.

We are ment to be the artistic west end luvvies after all. Let's f**kin show all these cheeky c*ntos what cool ass mutha f*ckaaaaz we is, innit? Y'getme blood?

Your posts today have me wondering, what is in those "Chewing gum and Macaroon bars" !!!

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...