Tomorrow's Team

Mr Bunny

Few players may be missing but one or two may make it who were injured so tough to be sure what will turn out.

Fox

Robertson Balatoni Mr 400

O'Donnell Welsh Cairney Rowson Bannigan

McGuigan Elliot

Scully; Griffin; Stewart; MacAleer; Halsman; Burns/Fraser

If the injured players do make it then Doolan may replace Elliot and Sinclair may replace Bannigan and Erskine may come in somewhere. Don't see all three making it though and those that do may be on the bench in place of a youngster.

BTW only got Stewart there as he won't have a bench 100% youngsters.

Some of the Falkirk youngsters are starting to struggle now and this is a game we should win.

Think Jackie will use the game to blood a few young players, perfect type of game to do so.

Shame Paton is suspended as I would have been interesting to see how he would fit into the current system playing next to welsh in midfield.

.......................Fox.....

…. Balatoni...Robertson..Archibald

O'Donnell ……………………………… Griffin

...……Welsh...... Bannigan.......

………Cairney…… McAleer

............ McGuigan

Subs:

Scully

Kinniburgh

Elliot

Burns

Naismith

Think Jackie will use the game to blood a few young players, perfect type of game to do so.
I disagree. If Falkirk's barins are tiring and Jackie is true to his aim of finishing as high up the table as possible then we should leave the youngsters on the bench and field the strongest side possible. We haven't had that great a season, barring a clutch of eyebrow-raising results and performances, and securing third place would provide a little gloss. And don't forget, it's still possible for us to finish seventh this season.

Are you advocating a six-man midfield, or is that a 4-3-3?

Edited by Dark Passenger

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Alan; your team picks/formations/ideas are a forum highlight over the week.

We should continue the teampicks over the summer so the forum can continue to marvel at your creative mind.

I disagree. If Falkirk's barins are tiring and Jackie is true to his aim of finishing as high up the table as possible then we should leave the youngsters on the bench and field the strongest side possible. We haven't had that great a season, barring a clutch of eyebrow-raising results and performances, and securing third place would provide a little gloss. And don't forget, it's still possible for us to finish seventh this season.

Are you advocating a six-man midfield, or is that a 4-3-3?

It really depends on how Jackie rates both Griffin and McAleer. Finishing top 4 would be nice but we also need to give our young players experience in the first team.

If Erskine, Sinclair, and Doolan are missing we don’t have a lot of options either.

What team and formation are you looking for us to play?

In my formation, even though I've laid it out as a 3-5-2, I'd expect Cairney to be playing a bit in front of the midfield, at least when we're attacking.- I suppose a 3-5-2 when we don't have the ball, 3-4-3 when we do.

Edited by Mr Bunny

What team and formation are you looking for us to play?

I don't and have never claimed to be a tactician and therefore don't tend to suggest the team line-ups, but there's no way I'd start with six midfielders. I don't think it's particularly important to start the youth players, either. Apologies if I've picked it up wrong, but I took your comment to mean they should get a run-out regardless of the situation with injuries.

Some of the Falkirk youngsters are starting to struggle now and this is a game we should win.

Shame Paton is suspended as I would have been interesting to see how he would fit into the current system playing next to welsh in midfield.

.......................Fox.....

…. Balatoni...Robertson..Archibald

O'Donnell ……………………………… Griffin

...……Welsh...... Bannigan.......

………Cairney…… McAleer

............ McGuigan

Subs:

Scully

Kinniburgh

Elliot

Burns

Naismith

Naismith's loans been cancelled.

I don't and have never claimed to be a tactician and therefore don't tend to suggest the team line-ups, but there's no way I'd start with six midfielders. I don't think it's particularly important to start the youth players, either. Apologies if I've picked it up wrong, but I took your comment to mean they should get a run-out regardless of the situation with injuries.

I would say we have started 3-4-2-1 on more than a few occasions this year.

I have not watched the two young boys play – I am only making a guess what Jackie might go for based upon his comments.

Alan; your team picks/formations/ideas are a forum highlight over the week.

We should continue the teampicks over the summer so the forum can continue to marvel at your creative mind.

Thank you Freddy – you are too kind with your comments.

Although I am giving the Player of the year a miss this year - just in case you get carried away with yourself with my presence.