Nicky Riley (Dundee)

Mark Millar (Falkirk)

Ryan Conroy (Dundee)

Michael Gardyne (Ross County)

Farid El Alagui (Falkirk)

Colin McMenamin (Ross County).

Wot no Cairney?

Wot no Cairney?

That was my first reaction. I'd have thought he would've merited a place tho' at whose exclusion I've no idea. We only see the others at most in four games so it would be daft to argue with the selection. The two strikers have clearly had very good seasons but in the 7 times in total I've seen them playwith one exception they've not played that well..

Total and utter joke proving beyond all doubt that most footballers are as thick as two short planks.

How Cairney isn't in there I will never know. Doolan would have a decent case also.

Nicky Riley??? The diver fromo the first game of the season. That is hilarious.

It's voted for by other players so similarly they've only seen the others 4 times as well

Aye, but that takes in all 36 games. So if you get my drift that XI should be a better representation than we could come up with. That just makes it stranger that Cairney isn't included. I've seen him play in all but three games this season and he's played well on countless occasions.

The reason that Cairney is not included is that he's a liability. He's been lucky enough to find himself with a few tap-in goals this season, but he's basically a lazy, non-trier who would bring nothing positive to any decent team. I've also heard it said that he's a troublemaker in the dressing room.

If I was a manager at another team I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

:hypocrite:

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Always been impressed with Riley. Conroy is an interesting one although he has scored plenty of goals this season.

Good to see Scott Boyd recognised for another superb season.

Team seems fair to me.

Mostly consisting of the top three so clearly the best players are in.

Doolan isn't in the team, because El Alagui and McMenanmin are the top two scorers in the division. Can't argue with that.

Cairney might deserve a place but can't see who'd he'd replace

Cairney might deserve a place but can't see who'd he'd replace

Are you seriously suggesting that Nicky Riley and Ryan Conroy of Dundee are better than Cairney?? Also, depending on results tomorrow, we might be in the top 3.

Are you seriously suggesting that Nicky Riley and Ryan Conroy of Dundee are better than Cairney?? Also, depending on results tomorrow, we might be in the top 3.

Well yes, they play for a team higher in the league. They've consistently hit more headlines. These votes will have happened at the end of Feb, start of March, so easy to vote for the players in form then.

We could be third, but we could also be 6th. Still doesn't mean we should have more players in the team of the year

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Most Thistle fans will have seen Riley twice this season, and will base their pick on the petty fact that he 'did' us way back at game 1. Riley has scored a few, been consistently identified as one of Dundee's main threats, and is a good player.

While Ryan Conroy may not have been a great Thistle player, he has scored a lot of goals this season, and although he may not have been particularly brilliant against us, he must have done the business against other teams.

I can't believe Richard Brittain is not in the team.

They have picked the correct strike force. End of.