Team For Hamilton

Mr Bunny

Early with this one but Jackie's early with his preview so ...

Fox

Robertson Balatoni Archibald

O'Donnell Paton Welsh Bannigan Griffin

McGuigan Burns

Not sure about subs because Rowson and Kinnibugh may be available - they're not mentioned among the injured but that might be becasue they've already been sidelined long term.

Those mentioned as injured are Sinclair, Erskine, Doolan, Elliot. Cairney is suspended. So apart from Scully I'm not sure who would coome into the bench. Campbell, Fraser?

If Rowson is fit he'd be in the team pushing Bannigan to WB and Griffin to bench. I suspect some of the injured will at least make the bench.

A little short on attacking options if Erskine and Doolan are out - also we have Cairney suspended. I suspect one of Doolan or Erskine will at least make the bench though.

I think we may see Griffin and McAleer into the team, also I think we may play Bannigan further forward, see how he does in the same position Cairney plays. If Doolan is fit to start the game we may go 3-5-2 with Chris coming in for McAleer.

.......................Fox.....

…. Balatoni...Robertson..Archibald

O'Donnell..Welsh..Paton.. Griffin

……… Bannigan …… McAleer

................McGuigan

Subs:

Scully

Kinniburgh

Halsman

Doolan

Burns

Edited by Alan Murray

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Looking at the preview, our joint top scorers in tomorrows first team will be Mark McGuigan and O'Donnell with 2 each. This game has GOALS written all over it. Bring your party hats and lets do the conga!

A little short on attacking options if Erskine and Doolan are out - also we have Cairney suspended. I suspect one of Doolan or Erskine will at least make the bench though.

I think we may see Griffin and McAleer into the team, also I think we may play Bannigan further forward, see how he does in the same position Cairney plays. If Doolan is fit to start the game we may go 3-5-2 with Chris coming in for McAleer.

……… Bannigan …… McAleer

................McGuigan

Subs:

Scully

Kinniburgh

Halsman

Doolan

Burns

thought halsman did enough last week to be included in the starting line-up?

……… Bannigan …… McAleer

................McGuigan

Subs:

Scully

Kinniburgh

Halsman

Doolan

Burns

Is that a 3-6-1 formation? McGuigan on his own up front when he has only been playing professional football a few weeks. Not very sure about that line up.

We're maybe going to be forced to play the purely defensive Paton in midfield with Cairney missing. If we played Halsman (leaving Bannigan out wide) that would leave a lot of pressure on Welsh. Although no one we've got can match Cairney's goals from midfield, Bannigan can be aggressive going forward and is the best replacement for him I think. Halsman more likely to be on the bench to come on later maybe.

I reckon Shaun Fraser will get some sort of run out tomorrow. He looks in good shape and fair play to him if he's began to knuckle down.

I thought Halsman was a passenger for, more or less, the whole game last week. I've saw him a few times for the Reserves and the Under 19's and he is a good player, likes to sit quite deep in a holding role. I think we asked him to play slightly differently last week so if he is in the team for tomorrow, I'd hope we allow him to play his natural game. Still think he's a wee bit away from what we're looking for - an early season loan would be ideal for him next year.

Burns is a dud and shouldn't be anywhere near a First Division starting line-up.

Halsman looked like he has potential but I thought it’s a bit early for him to playing at this level.

Is that a 3-6-1 formation? McGuigan on his own up front when he has only been playing professional football a few weeks. Not very sure about that line up.

It is a 3-4-2-1 formation, a slight variant on 3-4-3 but two playing behind the forward instead of a front 3. This is the way we have been playing in the games I have been to over the last few months.

It’s a really difficult line-up to judge given injuries and possible inclusion of the youth players. The likes of Burns may be included in the team but that might depend on whether Jackie intends to resign him or not. He could well revert to 3-5-2 formation or even 4-4-2.

Edited by Alan Murray

FT 2-2 Sounds like we should have got the win that would have given us 4th.

Very much so. We were comfortably the better team in the first half. Hamilton had two attempts at goal worthy of the name and scored on both occasions. We scored two good goals, and but for a save from the Accies 'keeper that Lev Yashin would have been proud of, we could, and probably should, have gone in at half-time 3-2 up.