Just In

JobbyMahoney

Nice smooth pitch for us to show our silky skills on. Should have won, I don't recall Hamilton doing much apart from the 2 goals and the one they ballooned over near the start of the second half.

And that guy with the "orange" boots :sarcastic:

Edited by P-R

We finished 6th. This season promotion was impossible for us -- Ross County were too good. But there is no need for becoming pessimistic -- we were the 2nd in goal differences. We can win the league next season, if we can beat the team who will be relegated from the SPL (most likely Dunfermline).

And I hope that Firhill will be redeveloped -- a new stand in the City End, score and time board, etc.

That was decent.

We were scratching our heads when Hamilton went 2 up such was our dominance. Great move for our first goal and then their keeper made a great save from Erskine's header and then we scored with a header from Paton's corner.

Moment of the match was the red card for McGlaughlan. Pure class. His reaction to being sent off was worth the admission money alone.

Bannigan was absolutely superb, as was Paton and Erskine. Only downside from our performance were O'Donnell's crossing and Doolan's uncharacteristic hesitation in front of goal when clean through in the 2nd half.

We finished 6th. This season promotion was impossible for us -- Ross County were too good. But there is no need for becoming pessimistic -- we were the 2nd in goal differences. We can win the league next season, if we can beat the team who will be relegated from the SPL (most likely Dunfermline).

And I hope that Firhill will be redeveloped -- a new stand in the City End, score and time board, etc.

Siggie, sixth and second in this league are nowhere. I saw a lot this season that made me think there's something good afoot on the park. Trouble is, as Jackie has admitted himself, the boys are inconsistent. That's nae use at all.

I also hope Firhill will be redeveloped as a sporting facility. There's about as much chance of that as there is Michael Johnston's bunghole not bleeding tonight.

Siggie, sixth and second in this league are nowhere. I saw a lot this season that made me think there's something good afoot on the park. Trouble is, as Jackie has admitted himself, the boys are inconsistent. That's nae use at all.

I also hope Firhill will be redeveloped as a sporting facility. There's about as much chance of that as there is Michael Johnston's bunghole not bleeding tonight.

By the way, what is the pitch size of Firhill? I think that every senior football pitch must be 68m*105m.

cracking game for an end of the season game with 2 teams having nothing to play for. again we dominated the match and didnt win. as others have said we went 2-0 down completely against the run of play, the first goal came from a free kick dead in the centre of goal, fox set his wall up to his left, he stood to the right leaving a space between the wall and conrad, almost inviting the hamilton guy to bend it in the other side, he shot straight through the hole and it was going straight for fox but conrad stuck his heid on it and diverted it the opposite way from fox.

their second goal came from a punt up the park, conrad didnt read the bounce and was then shrugged off the ball one on one with their big diddy centre forward and he slotted by fox. i think we were all scratching our heads thinking how is this happening?.

i couldnt even hear the accies fans celebrating to be honest it was silent. we were all over them, big marky was tearing mcglaughlin a new hole and erskine was doing the same to mensing, mensing got booked early on then fouled erskine in the box in what looked like a pen but the ref didnt give it, mensing then started squaring up to ersking like a total twat and reid moved him into centre mid cos he was going to get skinned again and would end up sent off.

our first goal was a great move doolan played welshdogg through on his own who passed to his left for the outstanding bannigan to slot in. the second was always coming, bannigan beat the defender and sent in a lovely cross to the backpost, erskine headered it back across goal which looked like a goal all the way and their young keeper produced a worldy of a save, even when he got his hand to it i thought it was still goal bound. paton then sent in corner ( his corners were brilliant all day) and welshdogg got his heid on it and into the back of the net.

2nd half was a bit scrappy, mensing had a shot early on and there was a few scary moments but nothing major that I thought we were going to lose the game. we had most of the possession and were playing some cracking fitba', big puddin mcglaughlin got sent off, i thought the ref showed him a yellow first but then he seemed to speak to the linesman who looked to have said it was a clear scoring opportunity,on looking at the photos by tommy it looked liked it was a red he showed him first. McG then went over to the linesman and threw a hissy fit, to be honest i didnt think it was a sending off. we had a few chances, most notably a great ball from welsh i think over to doolan through on his own, i thought he was just going to lift it over the keeper but he wanted too much time and tried to control it and get it on his left foot, he then squared to erskine who got closed down. patons corners were causing a few problems and i think it was banniganwho had a free header at the back post that went over. all in all a good game and i cant fault the lads. balatoni had one of his bombscare days, o donnell kept getting in the right positions and stretching the play but his end product was woeful, i think he hit 3 crosses into the stand in the first half. paton was my motm in cm, he was closing down, breaking up play, aggresive, winning headers, a rowser-esque performance, i thought it was his best game in a jags shirt. other standouts were archie, robertson, bannigan welsh and mcguigan.fox had one save in the second half and nothing else to do. mcguigan really impressed me, no-one would know he's only played 4 or 5 games or professional fitbaw,

overall finishing 6th is a bit shitty, if we had of won today i think we would have been 3rd or 4th but anyways, cant wait for next season and please give us a decent pre-season away friendly jags.

proud to be a jags fan.

Edited by jags on tour

Christ knows how we went 2 nil down, we were the better team by miles. What Doolan was doing passing the ball when one on one with the keeper I'll never know. Good time in the Vaults.

We have the players for a good go next season, we need to stop the silly mistakes in defence but without compromising our attacking play. Cairney has had a cracking season but Welsh looks a good find and I don't think him leaving sets us back too much.

From watching the text report as it came in, I got the impression that Accies capitalised on the few set pieces given to them, while we, as usual, rarely score from them, nor do we defend them well. I noticed great praise above for Paton's corner kicks, but where was the end product?

Set pieces really are a very serious weakness in our game, and until they're sorted out we'll never be able to challenge at the top - not at this level.

We have the players for a good go next season, we need to stop the silly mistakes in defence but without compromising our attacking play. Cairney has had a cracking season but Welsh looks a good find and I don't think him leaving sets us back too much.

Only if we sign Welsh. I hope we do as he does seem to have the ability to make late runs in these situations which get goals. But it's still possible Hibs will thank us for bringing him on and keep him.

Signing Sean Welsh is surely a priority. Another great game yesterday.

He was talking to a mate of mine at POTY and Pat Fenlon wants him back at Hibs for the last two SPL games, but he's pretty sure he'll be getting released...never said he was gona sign for us, but there's a chance.

He was talking to a mate of mine at POTY and Pat Fenlon wants him back at Hibs for the last two SPL games, but he's pretty sure he'll be getting released...never said he was gona sign for us, but there's a chance.

Fenlon might want him back but I'm pretty sure he would be unable to play. His registration would be transferring back to Hibs after the transfer deadline.

Pretty much every thought I had on the game has already been posted. I think Welsh could fit into Cairney's attacking role perfectly and yesterday the team benefitted from not relying so much on Cairney.

How many players fouled Erskine? It seems as if the tactics of some teams in this league are simply to hack him until he finally stops running. :lol:

cracking game for an end of the season game with 2 teams having nothing to play for. again we dominated the match and didnt win. as others have said we went 2-0 down completely against the run of play, the first goal came from a free kick dead in the centre of goal, fox set his wall up to his left, he stood to the right leaving a space between the wall and conrad, almost inviting the hamilton guy to bend it in the other side, he shot straight through the hole and it was going straight for fox but conrad stuck his heid on it and diverted it the opposite way from fox.

their second goal came from a punt up the park, conrad didnt read the bounce and was then shrugged off the ball one on one with their big diddy centre forward and he slotted by fox. i think we were all scratching our heads thinking how is this happening?.

i couldnt even hear the accies fans celebrating to be honest it was silent. we were all over them, big marky was tearing mcglaughlin a new hole and erskine was doing the same to mensing, mensing got booked early on then fouled erskine in the box in what looked like a pen but the ref didnt give it, mensing then started squaring up to ersking like a total twat and reid moved him into centre mid cos he was going to get skinned again and would end up sent off.

our first goal was a great move doolan played welshdogg through on his own who passed to his left for the outstanding bannigan to slot in. the second was always coming, bannigan beat the defender and sent in a lovely cross to the backpost, erskine headered it back across goal which looked like a goal all the way and their young keeper produced a worldy of a save, even when he got his hand to it i thought it was still goal bound. paton then sent in corner ( his corners were brilliant all day) and welshdogg got his heid on it and into the back of the net.

2nd half was a bit scrappy, mensing had a shot early on and there was a few scary moments but nothing major that I thought we were going to lose the game. we had most of the possession and were playing some cracking fitba', big puddin mcglaughlin got sent off, i thought the ref showed him a yellow first but then he seemed to speak to the linesman who looked to have said it was a clear scoring opportunity,on looking at the photos by tommy it looked liked it was a red he showed him first. McG then went over to the linesman and threw a hissy fit, to be honest i didnt think it was a sending off. we had a few chances, most notably a great ball from welsh i think over to doolan through on his own, i thought he was just going to lift it over the keeper but he wanted too much time and tried to control it and get it on his left foot, he then squared to erskine who got closed down. patons corners were causing a few problems and i think it was banniganwho had a free header at the back post that went over. all in all a good game and i cant fault the lads. balatoni had one of his bombscare days, o donnell kept getting in the right positions and stretching the play but his end product was woeful, i think he hit 3 crosses into the stand in the first half. paton was my motm in cm, he was closing down, breaking up play, aggresive, winning headers, a rowser-esque performance, i thought it was his best game in a jags shirt. other standouts were archie, robertson, bannigan welsh and mcguigan.fox had one save in the second half and nothing else to do. mcguigan really impressed me, no-one would know he's only played 4 or 5 games or professional fitbaw,

overall finishing 6th is a bit shitty, if we had of won today i think we would have been 3rd or 4th but anyways, cant wait for next season and please give us a decent pre-season away friendly jags.

proud to be a jags fan.

Thanks, that's a good break down of the game for us who were not there.

I wasn't there, but I was disappointed we didn't seem to go balls out for the win. Especially with their red card. Keeper coming up for corners etc. After all, the point was useless, but a win would have got us 4th place. A defeat made no difference.

we did, we had 3 up front but as happens we just couldnt score

I wasn't there, but I was disappointed we didn't seem to go balls out for the win. Especially with their red card. Keeper coming up for corners etc. After all, the point was useless, but a win would have got us 4th place. A defeat made no difference.

We took off a centre back for a forward. We were going all out for win and Fox pushed up to sweeper as often as not. Like a lot of teams do when expected to capitalise on being a man up we were a tad too panicked. Instead of stretching them we punted balls into central areas where with them withdrawing a forward player there was no man advantage. It might have helped if O'Donnell was still on and certainly if fit Sinclair would have come into his own. Slightly ironic finish as we had played well width wise for the majority of the match.