Scotland, Wales And Roi Bid For 2020

KAWB

our geography does not lend itself to hosting a major tournament. if i heard bulgaria, moldova + slovakia were putting in a joint bid, I'd laugh out loud, 3 is ridiculous. 2 at the most, but we would need to build stadia up north to spread it out a bit.

if they can hold a 32 team World Cup in Qatar, a country Scotland is 7 times larger than, then we should be fine.

Thanks. This would be the perfect opportunity for them to get one.

The IFA's "national" stadium is the Windsor Park, which is owned by the ******* Linfield. Hate Rangers, Hate Linfield!

Recently the Setanta Cup is held every year, a competition including the teams of both sides of the British-imposed border. I hope that this will help the reunification of Irish football. I support Derry City and Cliftonville.

What should happen to rangers?

Rangers should be relegated to the SFL 3rd Division. There must be a rule that clubs with financial mismanagement are automatically relegated to the lowest division.

The season we were relegated from the SPL, Dundee should have been relegated instead us.

And the Scottish senior football should be re-organised to 3-divison/48-team SFL.

The lowest division should have relegation like England. The winners of the East of Scotland League, West of Scotland League, and Highland League must be invited to the relegation/promotion playoffs.

if they can hold a 32 team World Cup in Qatar, a country Scotland is 7 times larger than, then we should be fine.

How about a 40,000 stadium in Edinburgh for Hibs and Hearts?

And Edinburgh Rugby can move to the Easter Road -- Murrayfield is too large for them.

And Scotland needs a senior Rugby League team -- we can host them at Firhill.

our geography does not lend itself to hosting a major tournament. if i heard bulgaria, moldova + slovakia were putting in a joint bid, I'd laugh out loud, 3 is ridiculous. 2 at the most, but we would need to build stadia up north to spread it out a bit.

Huh? We're a quick train or plane journey up from London, one of Europe's biggest cities not to mention that Edinburgh and Dublin have hordes of tourists from all over the world passing through them every year.

Oh and yes, follk pass between Ireland, Wales and Scotland without any real need of worrying about borders and all three countries have modern communications systems, transport and plenty of hotels.

We may not be up to hosting a major tournament for other reasons but the reason you state is nonsense.

Edited by Mr Bunny

UEFA have said that a 3 country bid would only be chosen in exceptional circumstances, but that may be the case for 2020. Turkey were clear favourites after losing out to France for 2016 and it looked like no-one else would express an interest in bidding. However, Istanbul are bidding for the 2020 Olympics and the Turkish government are backing that rather than the Euros bid. Added to that are the match fixing problems in Turkey, so it sounds like UEFA have been looking for alternatives to express an interest before today's deadline. Apparently they encouraged the SFA to get involved.

As Georgia are the only other interested country so far we should have a chance if the Turkish bid falls apart.

With 24 countries involved in the finals it shouldn't be an issue having 3 hosts. It still leaves 21 places for the remaining 50 countries.

UEFA have said that a 3 country bid would only be chosen in exceptional circumstances, but that may be the case for 2020. Turkey were clear favourites after losing out to France for 2016 and it looked like no-one else would express an interest in bidding. However, Istanbul are bidding for the 2020 Olympics and the Turkish government are backing that rather than the Euros bid. Added to that are the match fixing problems in Turkey, so it sounds like UEFA have been looking for alternatives to express an interest before today's deadline. Apparently they encouraged the SFA to get involved.

As Georgia are the only other interested country so far we should have a chance if the Turkish bid falls apart.

With 24 countries involved in the finals it shouldn't be an issue having 3 hosts. It still leaves 21 places for the remaining 50 countries.

Double contracts, Newco, Tax fraud at Rangers, maybe the SFA will hammer them to help their bid, here's hoping Mr Cowan

Huh? We're a quick train or plane journey up from London, one of Europe's biggest cities not to mention that Edinburgh and Dublin have hordes of tourists from all over the world passing through them every year.

Oh and yes, follk pass between Ireland, Wales and Scotland without any real need of worrying about borders and all three countries have modern communications systems, transport and plenty of hotels.

We may not be up to hosting a major tournament for other reasons but the reason you state is nonsense.

I was just getting at the fact that our 3 biggest stadiums in Scotland are within a 5-10mile triangle, you think that's suitable? I don't think it's nonsense but your entitled to your opinion. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I just think for a tournament of this size, you need to depend on the whole country and we're too dependant on Glasgow's stadia. It'd be great to have a major tournament (It means we'd get to play in one again!) but unless we spend millions doing up pitoddrie etc I don't see UEFA going for it with stadia in such close proximity.

true but how much of that land has civilization got to and how much is mountains/wilderness etc. I don't hold an encyclopaedic knowledge of land masses across the globe, but I'd bet a huge percentage of our population live within a small percentage of the land. Again I'm prob not conveying my point well, but what I mean is there isn't hotels/roads/people on a large percentage of our land, so for this argument I don't believe ur point shows something truly significant.

plus i don't believe they should have got that tournament in the first place so whilst FIFA set a precedent I don't give any attention to a decision made by Sepp Blatter, guy hasn't got a clue.

Don't see what is wrong with the bid. Three teams out of 24 mean there would still be 21 spots to play for. As long as we don't become too reliant on Glasgow, Cardiff or Dublin we'd do ok. UEFA and FIFA don't like there to be any cities hosting two stadiums, and one city at most. Scotland could easily look at using Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee (joint stadium). Wales would only have three options, Millenium Stadium and an upgrade of Cardiff's and Swansea's grounds. Ireland have a few suitable/almost suitable grounds already, but would need permission of the GAA.

Don't see what is wrong with the bid. Three teams out of 24 mean there would still be 21 spots to play for. As long as we don't become too reliant on Glasgow, Cardiff or Dublin we'd do ok. UEFA and FIFA don't like there to be any cities hosting two stadiums, and one city at most. Scotland could easily look at using Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee (joint stadium). Wales would only have three options, Millenium Stadium and an upgrade of Cardiff's and Swansea's grounds. Ireland have a few suitable/almost suitable grounds already, but would need permission of the GAA.

4 teams as the winner also gets a spot, but it would cost hundreds of millions to do the grounds (New stadium in Aberdeen & Dundee, and upgrade of Easter road/Tynecastle if they dont use murryfield), add to that hotels, Aberdeen is a nightmare to get a hotel when the shift change at the rigs is on, Dundee has very few. As much as I would like it to happen I can't see it being viable

4 teams as the winner also gets a spot, but it would cost hundreds of millions to do the grounds (New stadium in Aberdeen & Dundee, and upgrade of Easter road/Tynecastle if they dont use murryfield), add to that hotels, Aberdeen is a nightmare to get a hotel when the shift change at the rigs is on, Dundee has very few. As much as I would like it to happen I can't see it being viable

The winner doesn't automatically qualify anymore, that was done away with afew years ago.