1St Friendly Announced

jags on tour

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The communication from the club regarding pre-season friendlies has been pretty poor, in my opinion. The confusion surrounding the Queen of the South game, comments from Jackie about arranging a game in England then conflicting stories of other clubs touting friendlies on their websites. Seems pretty unorganised.

Our pre-season itinerary was more or less confirmed by the beginning of June last year, giving us plenty of time to make travel arrangements particularly for the Blyth game. A game in Northern Ireland would have been very appealing to me and, I'm sure, a number of others but the lack of notice means that, in all likelihood, I'll be unable to go.

The communication from the club regarding pre-season friendlies has been pretty poor, in my opinion. The confusion surrounding the Queen of the South game, comments from Jackie about arranging a game in England then conflicting stories of other clubs touting friendlies on their websites. Seems pretty unorganised.

Feel I should to respond to that.

Friendly matches have been announced as and when they have been confirmed. Indeed there should be further details online tomorrow.

The Queen of the South game was announced by Queen of the South. The post on our website was an attempt to clarify incorrect information.

It hasn't been possible to arrange a game in England, with pitches not really ready by the date required (Blyth's pitch was terrible last year).

There is no trip to Northern Ireland. The possibility was looked into - nothing more. We can't control what someone posts on their club's fans' forum.

I appreciate that it is frustrating waiting for announcements but to repeat my original point, we have announced friendly matches as they are confirmed. We can't do that any quicker.

Feel I should to respond to that.

Friendly matches have been announced as and when they have been confirmed. Indeed there should be further details online tomorrow.

The Queen of the South game was announced by Queen of the South. The post on our website was an attempt to clarify incorrect information.

It hasn't been possible to arrange a game in England, with pitches not really ready by the date required (Blyth's pitch was terrible last year).

There is no trip to Northern Ireland. The possibility was looked into - nothing more. We can't control what someone posts on their club's fans' forum.

I appreciate that it is frustrating waiting for announcements but to repeat my original point, we have announced friendly matches as they are confirmed. We can't do that any quicker.

A wee thing on the website to say that would not have been too much to ask Tom.

I love friendlies but feel I am keeping a Saturday free when actually there might not be a game. Cheers for confirming no trips to England and no trip to Northern Ireland - gutted! So I am guessing it will be a day out to Stirling or some pish like that! Brilliant! :(!

Not a go at you Tom, do appreciate the reply and the latest info! just a bit frustrating!

A wee thing on the website to say that would not have been too much to ask Tom.

I love friendlies but feel I am keeping a Saturday free when actually there might not be a game. Cheers for confirming no trips to England and no trip to Northern Ireland - gutted! So I am guessing it will be a day out to Stirling or some pish like that! Brilliant! :(!

Not a go at you Tom, do appreciate the reply and the latest info! just a bit frustrating!

A wee thing on the website to say what? The QOS thing was cleared up by the club and wasn't their fault. They can't control what fans of other clubs post on forums, and they can't put out a club statement every time someone posts an incorrect rumour on another club's forum.

A wee thing on the website to say what? The QOS thing was cleared up by the club and wasn't their fault. They can't control what fans of other clubs post on forums, and they can't put out a club statement every time someone posts an incorrect rumour on another club's forum.

Well, to be fair, it wasn't a rumour nor was it on a forum; it was stated on Crusaders official website that they were trying to get a game arranged with us.

A wee thing just saying what Tom said would have been nice. Keeping us up to date on what they were doing in regards to Friendlies!

Now we can be realistic - it will be somewhere pants!

Pre-season tournament. Won't reveal the teams or where to spoil the fun...

As a complete stab in the dark.

Airdrie, Celtic and an Everton XI

Got this in a txt from a Dundee fan two days ago.. did not see anything on any of the others forums so dismissed it.. but now wondering!

Edited by Jagsfan58

There is just no pleasing some people! ha ha

Football is an expensive little hobby -I need to fund it somehow haha!

As a complete stab in the dark.

Airdrie, Celtic and an Everton XI

Got this in a txt from a Dundee fan two days ago.. did not see anything on any of the others forums so dismissed it.. but now wondering!

This would be amazing! :) If only!