1St Friendly Announced

jags on tour

I take they (Rankers) will be boycotting us to RE Alan Cowan

Why? Cowan isn't even a Thistle fan and now has no connection to the club. Mind you, as Rangers fans seem to be operating a policy of boycotting everything on the planet no doubt Thistle are on the list as well. Edited by Charlie Endell

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it the pre season friendlies are an antidote to the positive feeling we all have towards next season's squad.

I've never been so underwhelmed at our opposition in my life. What are we going to learn from playing a team we played 5 times in the season just passed?

I take it the pre season friendlies are an antidote to the positive feeling we all have towards next season's squad.

I've never been so underwhelmed at our opposition in my life. What are we going to learn from playing a team we played 5 times in the season just passed?

Oh stop moaning. They are pre-season friendlies, nobody cares about them and they are essentially just fitness exercises.

It isn't about 'learning', it's about getting the fitness levels up and giving the players a run-out. Besides, QOS will have an entirely new team next season; it won't be the same team we played this year.

I'm sure the club will try their best to give us some sort of decent away day, but if they don't then I'm sure I can survive.

Oh stop moaning. They are pre-season friendlies, nobody cares about them and they are essentially just fitness exercises.

It isn't about 'learning', it's about getting the fitness levels up and giving the players a run-out. Besides, QOS will have an entirely new team next season; it won't be the same team we played this year.

I'm sure the club will try their best to give us some sort of decent away day, but if they don't then I'm sure I can survive.

Sorry but I always look forward to pre season as a chance to see us up against opposition we dont normally see us playing. I certainly wont be wasting my time watching us play Ayr, Alloa or QoS.

Sorry but I always look forward to pre season as a chance to see us up against opposition we dont normally see us playing. I certainly wont be wasting my time watching us play Ayr, Alloa or QoS.

It could have been worse - we could have had Livingston away as a friendly! :P

Agree with 1971, it is a pre season who cares who it is against. We have played Dumbarton away for how many seasons now?

A few pints in the woody and watching Thistle in the sun - sounds good to me! Maybe even a day to try out the north stand ?

• 2 weeks later...

Says it's a closed door game !

Confirmed (sort of) by Jackie in the Evening Times - http://www.eveningti...-parade.1785490

"We are playing Alloa on the Tuesday night and the Queens game will be closed doors on Wednesday, June 11, I think."

"We will mix and match the team between the two games. We are looking to organise a decent game on June 14.

"It might be away from home."

Edited by kni

just received a txt from a mate that we are playing crusaders in Belfast, someone announced it on their fans forum. Nice one for me to get to if it happens

**** yeah if thats true , got a day ?

Last time was possibly th emost pished I have ever been at a game :D