1St Friendly Announced

jags on tour

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent effort by Thistle here.

I suppose it isn't possible with one half of the OF present but it would have been good to have a bit of a gap between games, allow people 'pass outs', set up beat the goalie and the like for kids and most importantly a beer tent behind the JH for the adults.

Decent effort by Thistle here.

I suppose it isn't possible with one half of the OF present but it would have been good to have a bit of a gap between games, allow people 'pass outs', set up beat the goalie and the like for kids and most importantly a beer tent behind the JH for the adults.

I got the impression that you could come and go from the wording "Day & Weekend Pass" kinda like the Open Golf, when you can nip in and out as often as you like. Hope so.

I got the impression that you could come and go from the wording "Day & Weekend Pass" kinda like the Open Golf, when you can nip in and out as often as you like. Hope so.

Good point and you've got to factor in the poor smokers as well, one game is bad enough but 2 would be a nightmare.

An excellent bit of news and a great effort by the club.

Particularly since Season Tickets get free entry - I might get full value out of mine for once!

Might try to talk a couple of others who'll be attending with us to buy a season ticket since the price for the weekend pass is really 10% of the way there...

Congratulations to the organisers of this tournament. It could/should attract supporters of other clubs. Let's hope that fans of Newco don't use it as an opportunity for a pre-season protest.

Celtic are bringing their development squad http://celticfc.net/...story?item=2748

The Everton first team are at Motherwell - http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/06/26/everton-xi-in-scotland-tournament

Jackie could spot some loan prospects to strengthen the squad.

Edited by kni

An excellent bit of news and a great effort by the club.

Particularly since Season Tickets get free entry - I might get full value out of mine for once!

Might try to talk a couple of others who'll be attending with us to buy a season ticket since the price for the weekend pass is really 10% of the way there...

Just to make clear season tickets are valid on the Sunday, not the Saturday. Still a very good deal though & will hopefully bring in a decent crowd on both days!

Just to make clear season tickets are valid on the Sunday, not the Saturday. Still a very good deal though & will hopefully bring in a decent crowd on both days!

Cheers - I obviously got dazzled by the words "free" and "season ticket" and didn't read properly. Still a great deal as you say...

Nothing arranged for Sat 14 July yet?

A wee trip to France to coincide with Bastille Day would be welcome but I suspect there's far more chance of a behind doors game in Grangemouth or somewhere equally appealing.

Good to see Celtic FC promoting the weekend on their official site. Iirc last year we were unsure there would be a decent turnout when they came here as there was very little promotion of the game.

Depending on the events of the next week or so there might not be any jags fans at the tournament at all!

Numbers might be down but my wee group of 6 will be there. Really looking forward to it. Have a couple of Celtic fan pals who are just about turned to the Thistle cause and will start work soon on some ex-Rangers fans (maybe too soon for that...)

• 2 weeks later...