1St Friendly Announced

jags on tour

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackie pressing the right buttons for the Jags supporters. Nice away day at seaside. Also a chance to rattle in a few goals.What's not to be happy for?

Totallt agree. Friendlies never give a true reflection on players or the team. The most important thing is to get a winning start and a winning mentality.

A lot of Jags fans will be pleased with this fixture. It is fitting that the game will probably be Mark Roberts' first as player-manager. Hopefully it will be a sunny a July evening and a winning start to the season.

Any chance of using the smallest bit of imagination? I'd like to see us play teams in pre season that we don't get to play very often. Is there anything we are going to learn by playing Ayr?

Maybe a bit over critical, Grant. Having already spent most of the pre-season budget at boot camp we can only afford to play clubs on our doorstep. I fully expect a match in the Northumbria/Durham area again, the usual closed door stuff and hopefully get a decent home fixture and a good size turnout against better opposition. I doubt the groundkeeper will want more than the one game at Firhill and probably not till later in July.

My only criticism re friendlies in general is the kick off times. I realise teams like Ayr are part time but I don't know why we play games kicking off at 7.45pm and 3pm.

As for this game. Move the game back 23-24 hours and we could have an afternoon at the races (Fair Mon) and make a day of it :thumbsup2:

Hope we get another home friendly with Celtic U19/Reserves. Was a good atmosphere last year with a good crowd and some money for the club. Would have liked Rangers to mix it up but they are in a total mess so best avoided.

I would like a game with Rangers. Never get a better chance of them coming to Firhill for a friendly as don't see them doing an Emirates cup or any of that shit soon.

Maybe a bit over critical, Grant. Having already spent most of the pre-season budget at boot camp we can only afford to play clubs on our doorstep. I fully expect a match in the Northumbria/Durham area again, the usual closed door stuff and hopefully get a decent home fixture and a good size turnout against better opposition. I doubt the groundkeeper will want more than the one game at Firhill and probably not till later in July.

My only criticism re friendlies in general is the kick off times. I realise teams like Ayr are part time but I don't know why we play games kicking off at 7.45pm and 3pm.

As for this game. Move the game back 23-24 hours and we could have an afternoon at the races (Fair Mon) and make a day of it :thumbsup2:

Is fair Monday not the following Monday?

Hope we get another home friendly with Celtic U19/Reserves. Was a good atmosphere last year with a good crowd and some money for the club. Would have liked Rangers to mix it up but they are in a total mess so best avoided.

I dont think Rangers fans will be travelling to Any away fixtures in the near future from what they have been saying