Lawrenson

macjag

Lawrenson has got to be the worst and most biased commentator for england any fouls against england poor chalenge any for other team a dive and the guys ridiculed and his hatred for the germans is so obvious and this from an ireland international my god what would he be like at an england iireland game a real tosser.

Agreed, he was a feckin waste of space last night. So biased it wasnt true. Add Linekar, Tyldesley and Bright into that equasion as well. At least Shearer had the baws to say last night that England would need to improve by about 100% to get past the quarter finals

The main problem with Lawrenson is that he is a poor pundit. He always gets it wrong, especially predictions on games or even managerial changes. He predicted that Dalglish would stay at Liverpool. Kenny was sacked the next day. Lawrenson always looks miserable and fed up in the studio. David Pleat is knowledgable and always talks sense.

The main problem with Lawrenson is that he is a poor pundit. He always gets it wrong, especially predictions on games or even managerial changes. He predicted that Dalglish would stay at Liverpool. Kenny was sacked the next day. Lawrenson always looks miserable and fed up in the studio. David Pleat is knowledgable and always talks sense.

Yep youre right thats another thing hes biased towards liverpool

David "The republic of Czechoslovakia" Pleat?!?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Lawrenson is a great lad, but from a neutral perspective I can understand why people find him offensive. I think he is great.

Lawrensen, without a hint of irony, questioned why Podolski was playing for Germany when he's Polish during their game last weekend!

Very few of the pundits on either channel are worth listening to. On BBC Lee Dixon's decent as is Seedorf. Shearer doesn't add any insight. He must be the most banal of the lot. On ITV Strachan is good and Keane ok.

Did you see the looks on their faces when Hansen said, at half-time, that it was a game between two average teams? And he's not known for running down the English team.

When I lived in England some people used to criticise Hansen for being anti-English! Maybe that's why Lawrenson has seemingly glossed over his Irish past and reinvented himself as an uber-patriotic thoroughbred Englishperson, ditto Gabby 'I once represented Wales at the Commonwealth Games but shhh, don't tell anyone' Logan. Maybe there has been some instruction from on high that anyone not quite English enough working for BBC Sport during the European Championships - with the exception of a token Johnny Foreigner - had better conform and prostrate themselves at the feet of Engerlund at every turn. Or else.

Incidentally, Hansen's assessment of the two teams was quite right, IMO. Sweden are a side on the way down (I was going to say I wish Scotland were facing them in the next set of qualifiers but they are probably still capable of stuffing us without breaking sweat) and England toiled to beat a side on their way down - so what does that say about them?

Alan Hansen, Lee Dixon and Alan Shearer are all excellent but Lawrenson is simply terrible.

The worst ever pundit was Ian Wright though.

Ian Wright was brutal but at least they got shot of him eventually. Why they keep renewing Lawrenson's contract is beyond me. He offers virtually no insight in to the game and his adolescent "patter" is cringeworthy.

I remember at the 2006 World Cup, one of the BBC's alternative commentaries to Motson and Lawrenson on the red button was a schoolboy and some woman.

So your choices were an over-enthusiastic adolescent geek and a shrill ill-informed blouse or ... the schoolboy and the woman.

Seriously though, the commentary on the Holland v Germany game the other night was atrocious. Giggling like schoolgirls at their own puerile attempts at humour and how much fuss did they make over a player on the losing team leaving the pitch by the quickest means possible, walking back in front of his own fans rather than the opposition ones whilst removing his shirt having played 80-odd minutes in stifling heat?

Lawrensen, without a hint of irony, questioned why Podolski was playing for Germany when he's Polish during their game last weekend!

Very few of the pundits on either channel are worth listening to. On BBC Lee Dixon's decent as is Seedorf. Shearer doesn't add any insight. He must be the most banal of the lot. On ITV Strachan is good and Keane ok.

Was I the only one who considered Roy Keane's accusation that Ireland had "failed to turn up" for the game to be a tad hypocritical? At least the players made it to the start of the tournament without buggering off home in a huff.

I quite like Seedorf and Lee Dixon. Lawrenson is a tosser. Hansen I don't mind although he does like the sound of his own voice. I actually don't mind Shearer either.

ITV is baws, I hate Adrian Chiles. I hate Gordon "I'm a cheeky wee w@nk to the press but the minute I'm unemployed I'll take a wage as a pundit" Strachan, Roy Keane is too critical, I can see why he's had a poor managerial career minus his first season with Sunderland, can't see him ever encouraging a player. Viera is ok I suppose, Southgate is like a wee schoolboy. Can't think of any others at the minute.

I really like Neville on skysports I thought that was a masterstroke. I know he divides opinion and most if not all of you will disagree with me, but I think he's a fantastic pundit. But by and large sky has woeful pundits, Tony Gale is awful, Alan Mullery, Merson is funny but cannot pronounce most names properly.

I hate Pat Nevin.

I quite like Seedorf and Lee Dixon. Lawrenson is a tosser. Hansen I don't mind although he does like the sound of his own voice. I actually don't mind Shearer either.

ITV is baws, I hate Adrian Chiles. I hate Gordon "I'm a cheeky wee w@nk to the press but the minute I'm unemployed I'll take a wage as a pundit" Strachan, Roy Keane is too critical, I can see why he's had a poor managerial career minus his first season with Sunderland, can't see him ever encouraging a player. Viera is ok I suppose, Southgate is like a wee schoolboy. Can't think of any others at the minute.

I really like Neville on skysports I thought that was a masterstroke. I know he divides opinion and most if not all of you will disagree with me, but I think he's a fantastic pundit. But by and large sky has woeful pundits, Tony Gale is awful, Alan Mullery, Merson is funny but cannot pronounce most names properly.

I hate Pat Nevin.

Dean Windass is a scrotum aswell. Neville's uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhh when Torres scored was legendary. Canny stand Carragher either his voice is more annoying than Jim Carrey's 'hey you wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?' in Dumb and Dumber.

Merson is funny but cannot pronounce most names properly.

The only person on the ITV payroll who could pronounce the Czech players' names correctly was Roberto Martinez. These people are supposed to be professionals (especially the two commentators and the host), half an hour is all it takes, do some homework.

The only person on the ITV payroll who could pronounce the Czech players' names correctly was Roberto Martinez. These people are supposed to be professionals (especially the two commentators and the host), half an hour is all it takes, do some homework.

It's a joke, I remember when Fulham signed Pavel Pogrebnyak in Jan, a player who top level commentators/pundits should know given he's been playing European & International football for a few years, I certainly knew him just from watching Europa League matches etc, but this filled a whole afternoon on Soccer Saturday, Jeff Stelling constantly having to finish off the pronounciation for Merson/Le Tis/Nicholas/Phil big nose Thompson, it was shocking.

Why do people hate Pat Nevin? I know there is a reason for this (maybe during the jags vs inverness fiasco?) but I've honestly forgotten.

I think it is because he looks far too nerdy to be discussing football. Honestly, if I was none the wiser I would never believe he was once a professional footballer, nevermind a damn good one at that. Nevin's nerdiness just brings out primal instincts in people that make them hate him.

1267472636618.jpg