Simple Poll For Our Chairman To See

uberteeb

153 members have voted

1. 1. If we do not publicly oppose reduced sanctions (ie SFL1 entry) for Newco what will you do?

• Renew my ST as usual
    • Continue to regularly attend as a PATG customer
    • Walk away - not renew my ST
    • Walk away - no longer be a regular PATG customer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following Raith Rovers' strong statement in today's Record, seems that Mr Rae at Greenock is also coming out for putting them in the Third Division. After the early cheerleading for Div One by our chairman, followed by a defensive step back into vague mealy-mouthed humming and hawing, how about giving us one more crystal clear statement that stands solid with our SFL sporting rivals/brothers in arms?

I'd hate to think when this is all over and done with that Thistle are left in the history books with the stance we've got at the moment.

The fact that over 76% of those polled so far here, have said we will walk away (and i believe the vast majority will stick to that should our board go to the dark side), it really is time for DB and co to come out with a clear unequivocal statement of no to Pishco in SFL1 or any SPFL2 next season ..... and furthermore, it would do the PTFC board great credit to additionally state that to ensure complete sporting integrity of our game is given the maximum chance to be restored, the Pishco must be made to start at the bottom, after meeting entry requirements (i.e. 4 years in junior leagues, 3 years audited accounts, before they can even apply for a vacant slot in the SFL leagues (or whatever reorganised league structure is in place by 2016/17).

I also saw the following on the RTC taxcase blog which is another example of how our game is riddled with the h u n cancer, and is in dire need of being cured before it is killed off completely:

How can the President of the SFL be allowed to take part in any disscussions about dead club or sevco 5088 when he attended a friendly in Belfast with his shiny new RFFF badge on.I don’t think there can be any doubt as to where his sympathies lie so surely he will try to influence SFL chairmen as to how they should vote.This is a disgrace that the two President’s of the governing body’s of scottish football have close links to dead club and this is seen to be ok.

My gut feeling is David Beattie was kite flying, a sort of poor thought out market research. The carrot of league reconstruction and fairer divi of revenue being presented as a once in a lifetime opportunity. Back peddlin' and flying a kite at the same time, as his follow up message appears to be, require certain skills not many possess and certainly not Mr B.

Like a lot of posters I have already paid for my season ticket and paid for player sponsorship but if the Newco h*ns dropped to Div 1. I would also be expecting a refund and walking away from Scottish Football.

We owe the SPL nothing and Newco nothing if the want to join the should start at the bottom like everyone else.

Five days since the last post on this thread. The poll currently stands at 30 people willing to support the Jags as normal if newco get a special invitation to join Div. 1, compared to 105 who will walk away from the club (and probably senior football) if this goes ahead.

Let's say 100 of the latter stick to their word (I know that with regrets, I would, definitely so if PTFC votes in favour of it), then in gate money/season tickets alone that is something like 25K lost per year. Add in hospitality, centenary funds, Greaves etc and you can probably double that. And since even more people who don't post on the forum would also be likely to be totally scunnered by the whole league membership fixing scandal (that's what it is), I'd reckon you could probably double that again.

So, around 100K lost per year, a considerably smaller fan base than the club already has (even smaller crowds rattling around in Firhill), and less support for "Save the Jags 2" when it comes around next time.

Since it looks like Maxi is the club's representative at the meetings that are going on, does anybody know if he has been made aware of the strength of feelings on the forum?

Five days since the last post on this thread. The poll currently stands at 30 people willing to support the Jags as normal if newco get a special invitation to join Div. 1, compared to 105 who will walk away from the club (and probably senior football) if this goes ahead.

Let's say 100 of the latter stick to their word (I know that with regrets, I would, definitely so if PTFC votes in favour of it), then in gate money/season tickets alone that is something like 25K lost per year. Add in hospitality, centenary funds, Greaves etc and you can probably double that. And since even more people who don't post on the forum would also be likely to be totally scunnered by the whole league membership fixing scandal (that's what it is), I'd reckon you could probably double that again.

So, around 100K lost per year, a considerably smaller fan base than the club already has (even smaller crowds rattling around in Firhill), and less support for "Save the Jags 2" when it comes around next time.

Since it looks like Maxi is the club's representative at the meetings that are going on, does anybody know if he has been made aware of the strength of feelings on the forum?

i would imagine he reads the forum regularly.

I'll still be going to home games with my sons - I live five minutes from the ground - but I won't attend a "Rangers" match at Firhill if they're allowed into the First Division.

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS My wee brother is a blue-nose - fortunately, he lives in Australia - and I'm enjoying winding him up over this!

Much as this poll up, until the vote yesterday, could be valued as an accurate enough barometer of Jags fans opinion I feel it would be appropriate for someone skilled in these matters to do another one. Like the vast majority I was against sevco being allowed in Div 1 but since yesterday I and others may have had a rethink now that we're in possession of more facts.

Football after all is just a game and I don't believe it's important enough to risk one's principles in the face of mass civil unrest as predicted by Mr Regan. It can't have escaped anyone's notice the perilous state our economy is in. Factor in the high level of unemployment against a back drop of continued quantitative easing and his prophecy.of Armageddon is worth heeding.

I commend Mr Regan for his restraint in language yesterday. It would be all too easy for him to mention full scale anarchy and impending civil war. Make no mistake and no exaggeration the wrong decision next week could trigger off a catastrophic knock on reaction on par with June 1914, Sarajevo.

On the other hand Regan might be as mad as a box of frogs.

...105 who will walk away from the club (and probably senior football) if this goes ahead.

Let's say 100 of the latter stick to their word...

That's a fairly big proportion! I've lost count of the posters on here who have vowed "never to darken the Firhill door again" (because of Collins, the Bunnet, Jackie Mac, the result at Culter, or because it costs £17 rather than £16, or fk knows what else...) but who are back on within a couple of weeks moaning about something else.

Personally, I'd be disgusted if Thistle did anything less than utterly oppose Club 12 getting into the 1st. But, whatever happens, OF COURSE I'll still go to Firhill and will continue to support Thistle as I have always done.

Season ticket bought!

Edited by Watson Towers

Even in a rigged league? Fair play to you, but what's the point? It's not sport.

From my point of view the league was 'rigged' much worse for us in 2004. So the characterisation is yours.

I believe I understand your view (from previous posts) - that you'll never support Thistle again, no matter what they do, if Newco play in any league other than Div 3. Those of us who carry on supporting our team aren't supporting your characterisation, just our team in their league.

From my point of view the league was 'rigged' much worse for us in 2004. So the characterisation is yours.

I believe I understand your view (from previous posts) - that you'll never support Thistle again, no matter what they do, if Newco play in any league other than Div 3. Those of us who carry on supporting our team aren't supporting your characterisation, just our team in their league.

And fair play to you.