League Reconstruction.

Steven H

I just sent an e-mail to Stewart Regan, kept it short and simple, however I received this automated response

"I am on annual leave w/c 25th June, then out of the country on business on 2nd July.

I will return to the office on Tuesday, 3rd July.

In my absence, please contact Sandra Buchanan (0141 616 6004) or [email protected]"

i588cl.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You couldnt make this lot up...David Cowan on the lunchtime Scotland Today said the clubs were having a meeting early next week, then they would go back to their clubs for consultation (with fans hopefuly) and they will be ready to vote by THE MIDDLE OF NEXT MONTH!!! Stroooth can no one arrange a meeting or make a decision quicker than that. They really are all trumpets that run our game!!!

I just sent an e-mail to Stewart Regan, kept it short and simple, however I received this automated response

"I am on annual leave w/c 25th June, then out of the country on business on 2nd July.

I will return to the office on Tuesday, 3rd July.

In my absence, please contact Sandra Buchanan (0141 616 6004) or [email protected]"

i588cl.jpg

Nice to see that while our game is in complete turmoil, the head of the SFA can still find time to go bugger off on holiday. Get this guy punted pronto along with Doncaster. Pair of total clowns.

You couldnt make this lot up...David Cowan on the lunchtime Scotland Today said the clubs were having a meeting early next week, then they would go back to their clubs for consultation (with fans hopefuly) and they will be ready to vote by THE MIDDLE OF NEXT MONTH!!! Stroooth can no one arrange a meeting or make a decision quicker than that. They really are all trumpets that run our game!!!

Says it all really.

Nice to see that while our game is in complete turmoil, the head of the SFA can still find time to go bugger off on holiday. Get this guy punted pronto along with Doncaster. Pair of total clowns.

Most employees will be entitled to annual leave, presumably he's no different. The reality is there's probably little for him to do now in any event.

Most employees will be entitled to annual leave, presumably he's no different. The reality is there's probably little for him to do now in any event.

Well, the First Minister's entitled to holidays too, but you'd be a bit miffed if he buggered off whilst a hurricane was about to strike the country.

I think most people realise that. However, how ******* convenient is it that he has "supposedly" pissed off on holiday in the midst of the biggest crisis in Scottish Football ever, and theres been quite a few fiascos. Then apparently hes out of the country the day he gets back on business, what ******* business is currently more important? Either that or he is telling lies to avoid having to face the music.

Edited by MWM

This is what's quickly going to become the crux of the 'problem'.

I think there's every likelihood that Newco will struggle to sort itself out in time for the new season. The only way that would have worked relatively smoothly is if they'd been able to continue start fresh in the SPL, since that's not happening they really haven't left any room for manoeuvre. They'd have been better concentrating their efforts in sorting themselves out for an application for entry to SFL3.

The 'reconstruction' agenda is likely being driven hard by the SPL clubs and organisations, the ones 'appearing' to vote for sporting integrity. But they have no time, the season starts in 4 weeks; this is all desperation.

Just two points:

1.They can't go faster without going against their own articles. They dare not do this since there'd almost certainly be legal challenges to its outcome (not least from Sevco if it didn't suit them). I'd prefer if they took more time and let Sevco sort themselves out.

2. At the moment the only club with an inability to plan should be Sevco, and they can sort themselves out. 3 clubs would be affected by playing in a higher league than originally thought - I'm sure they'd accept the shorter planning for the benefit. But this is on the verge of unfairly compromising far more clubs, and not just those who fed off the OF cash cow. The authorities are lining up to let Sevco take everyone with them. I don't want to be part of that.

I think most people realise that. However, how ******* convenient is it that he has "supposedly" pissed off on holiday in the midst of the biggest crisis in Scottish Football ever, and theres been quite a few fiascos. Then apparently hes out of the country the day he gets back on business, what ******* business is currently more important? Either that or he is telling lies to avoid having to face the music.

Sorry, I'm just defending the right of employees to take their holiday entitlement. Sometimes the timing can be awkward but that's the way of it. The organisation should be able to cope.

Sorry, I'm just defending the right of employees to take their holiday entitlement. Sometimes the timing can be awkward but that's the way of it. The organisation should be able to cope.

:lol:

Aye they cope as it is even with him.

Just two points:

1.They can't go faster without going against their own articles. They dare not do this since there'd almost certainly be legal challenges to its outcome (not least from Sevco if it didn't suit them). I'd prefer if they took more time and let Sevco sort themselves out.

2. At the moment the only club with an inability to plan should be Sevco, and they can sort themselves out. 3 clubs would be affected by playing in a higher league than originally thought - I'm sure they'd accept the shorter planning for the benefit. But this is on the verge of unfairly compromising far more clubs, and not just those who fed off the OF cash cow. The authorities are lining up to let Sevco take everyone with them. I don't want to be part of that.

You're right and this all comes of the con-man syndrome (as I call it as i can't think of a better). You see these rich, supposedly coldly calculating businessmen often being taken in by con-men. Why? because the pound signs floated in front of them switches their brains off and they don't think clearly. They don't see the flaws and dangers that should be obvious.

So with our SPL/SFA mob. They're so used to Rangers (ex) being a cash cow for them that they can't get it into thier heads that it is dead and the Newco rising is, even at the most optimistic estimate, going to be nothing like as much of one. And it could easily be a timebomb. What if they upset all the fans, chase some of them away from the game and then Newco explodes - Green, Whyte and the rest are hardly to be relied on and they don't care about producing a strong rangers again: they'd flog all the assets if they don't get the price they want for an intact club.

Not to mention what other investigations could bring up.

Edited by Mr Bunny

With all respect, Lindau, it's not that simple. Luncheons don't organise themselves and besides most of the decision makers will have to attend corporate hospitality freebies at the Scottish Open next weekend.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/108457-spl-threaten-breakaway-league-if-sfl-clubs-do-not-agree-to-rangers-plans/

Thats it , games dead if this goes through. That smug ******* areshole Dongcaster will successfully kill all the lower league clubs which I think he has wanted to do all along.

The SPL chairmen have shown they cannot be trusted to run a piss up in a brewery, talking all the big "no to newco" chat while back door dealing to set this kind of shite up that willl end football as a sport.

Completely and utterly dismayed and disgusted :(

http://sport.stv.tv/...-rangers-plans/

Thats it , games dead if this goes through. That smug ******* areshole Dongcaster will successfully kill all the lower league clubs which I think he has wanted to do all along.

The SPL chairmen have shown they cannot be trusted to run a piss up in a brewery, talking all the big "no to newco" chat while back door dealing to set this kind of shite up that willl end football as a sport.

Completely and utterly dismayed and disgusted :(

Disgusted is absolutely the word here

:(.Wonder who they would invite if every SFL club voted no. Then if every SFL club knocked back the invitation (I know, far fetched) then what will they do? Also, I guess this puts the merger with the SFL right out the window? This show just gets sicker and sicker.

Edited by Steven H

If this plan is succcessful then I'm I'll be turning my back on Scottish football once and for all. I'm sickened by the spineless lack of integrity shown by a load of clubs.

There should be no negotiating, no deals, no fudging the issue.

If Rangers are in any league other than the SFL 3rd this season, and I'm being generous to them, then the games a bogey and I'm out.

My idea for reconstruction would be to move to a 16-16-10 structure for the 2013/14 season. The Premier and 1st would have 30 games playing each other twice, while the 2nd would have 36 games with teams playing each other 4 times. Over time we should be looking to add 6 teams to the 2nd Division so it also becomes a 30 game league.

To make up for the reduced number of league fixtures introduce a revamped League Cup which has a group stage at the start and would be played at the beginning of the season. With the current 42 clubs have 6 groups of 5 and 2 of 6. Each team plays the others in their group home and away. The groups would be seeded so each would have 2 Premier and 2 1st Division teams. This would guarantee the lower league teams games against higher league opposition which isn't currently the case in either cup competition. The top 2 in each group would go through to the knockout stages to be played later in the season. The ultimate winner should gain a European place. Assuming we can get another 6 senior clubs and move to 48 in total we'd move to 8 groups of 6 ultimately.

To satisfy TV you would have Celtic and Rangers in the same group every year thus guaranteeing 2 fixtures every season. You could also place Hibs and Hearts in the same group, and maybe Dundee and Dundee Utd.

Assuming Rangers newco are placed in Division 3 for the forthcoming season it would mean that they would be back in the Premier by 2014/15 if they gained successive promotions and TV would have their 4 Celtic v Rangers games a season back. Even if they don't climb back quickly they'd still get their 2 League Cup games.

I reckon this would be a decent compromise to offer the TV companies and it would satisfy the overwhelming majority of us that think and newco must start at the bottom.

My idea for reconstruction would be to move to a 16-16-10 structure for the 2013/14 season. The Premier and 1st would have 30 games playing each other twice, while the 2nd would have 36 games with teams playing each other 4 times. Over time we should be looking to add 6 teams to the 2nd Division so it also becomes a 30 game league.

To make up for the reduced number of league fixtures introduce a revamped League Cup which has a group stage at the start and would be played at the beginning of the season. With the current 42 clubs have 6 groups of 5 and 2 of 6. Each team plays the others in their group home and away. The groups would be seeded so each would have 2 Premier and 2 1st Division teams. This would guarantee the lower league teams games against higher league opposition which isn't currently the case in either cup competition. The top 2 in each group would go through to the knockout stages to be played later in the season. The ultimate winner should gain a European place. Assuming we can get another 6 senior clubs and move to 48 in total we'd move to 8 groups of 6 ultimately.

To satisfy TV you would have Celtic and Rangers in the same group every year thus guaranteeing 2 fixtures every season. You could also place Hibs and Hearts in the same group, and maybe Dundee and Dundee Utd.

Assuming Rangers newco are placed in Division 3 for the forthcoming season it would mean that they would be back in the Premier by 2014/15 if they gained successive promotions and TV would have their 4 Celtic v Rangers games a season back. Even if they don't climb back quickly they'd still get their 2 League Cup games.

I reckon this would be a decent compromise to offer the TV companies and it would satisfy the overwhelming majority of us that think and newco must start at the bottom.

Sounds like a decent plan. I would go with two down from the top tier every season, with the top two from the second tier being promoted and the club finishing third to play-off with the club finishing third bottom in the league above (I think they do this in Germany). I would also try and implement some sort of pyramid system underneath the third division to replace the current election system.

Division A - 16 clubs, two up/down, 30 games

Divsion B - 16 clubs, two up/down, 30 games

Division C North - 10 clubs, 18 games: Elgin, Montrose, Peterhead, Forres, Cove Rangers, Nairn County, Inverurie, Buckie Thistle, Fraserburgh, Deveronvale

Division C South - 10 clubs, 18 games: Annan, Berwick, Clyde, East Stirling, Queen's Park, Stirling, Stranraer, Stirling University, Spartans, Whitehill Welfare

Top 5 in Div C North & South join for the second half of season - 10 clubs, 18 games, two up

Bottom 5 in Div C North & South join for the second half of season - 10 clubs, 18 games, two down

Invitations to highest placed Highland League / East of Scotland League (should be expanded and renamed) clubs to supplement Division C North & South and allow the two bottom clubs to join.

What do you think? Would that work?

Division A - 16 clubs, two up/down, 30 games

Divsion B - 16 clubs, two up/down, 30 games

Division C North - 10 clubs, 18 games: Elgin, Montrose, Peterhead, Forres, Cove Rangers, Nairn County, Inverurie, Buckie Thistle, Fraserburgh, Deveronvale

Division C South - 10 clubs, 18 games: Annan, Berwick, Clyde, East Stirling, Queen's Park, Stirling, Stranraer, Stirling University, Spartans, Whitehill Welfare

Top 5 in Div C North & South join for the second half of season - 10 clubs, 18 games, two up

Bottom 5 in Div C North & South join for the second half of season - 10 clubs, 18 games, two down

Invitations to highest placed Highland League / East of Scotland League (should be expanded and renamed) clubs to supplement Division C North & South and allow the two bottom clubs to join.

What do you think? Would that work?

LEAGUE

Division A - 18 teams

Division B - 18 teams

Division A, bottom 2 relegated, 3rd bottom into playoff

Division B, top 2 promoted, 3rd 4th and 5th into playoff

Division B, bottom 2 relegated, 3rd bottom into playoff

Division C, top 2 promoted, 3rd 4th and 5th into playoff

NON-LEAGUE

Division C - 18 teams

Division D North - 16/18/20 teams

Division D South - 16/18/20 teams

Division C, bottom 2 relegated, 3rd and 4th bottom into playoffs

Both Division D, winner promoted, 2nd 3rd and 4th into playoffs

Each playoff consists of 1 division C team and 3 division D teams with winners either staying up or going up.

Clubs can be moved between D divisions to keep them equal after promotion and relegation.

This is basically the English system, tweaked to suit.