Supporters Meeting

There's been much mention that we should be doing more, as a fanbase, to join up and have done sort of influence on decisions made by the PTFC board. However, as usual, nothing concrete seems to happen. So in the absence of anything else, and in assuming that it will be too late to influence the current decision, how about a fans meeting on Friday 20th July. Agenda to follow, which will depend on outcome of SFL vote, but nothing off the table. Post here if you would be interested in attending and we'll sort a venue later.

Just an observation, and I'm all for a supporters meeting and would hopefully attend. Normally speaking anything contentious in recent years that provokes a fans night/meet the manager/meet the board etc the usual 50 or so folk turn up. What's happening just now certainly deserves a larger turnout but offset against the holiday period I'd but surprised if there's any more fans in attendance at a July meeting. Point is there will probably be more Jags fans at the Recs on Tuesday and Somerset Pk a week on Monday. It seems daft to let these two occasions go by without at least promoting a proposed fans meeting.

Just an observation, and I'm all for a supporters meeting and would hopefully attend. Normally speaking anything contentious in recent years that provokes a fans night/meet the manager/meet the board etc the usual 50 or so folk turn up. What's happening just now certainly deserves a larger turnout but offset against the holiday period I'd but surprised if there's any more fans in attendance at a July meeting. Point is there will probably be more Jags fans at the Recs on Tuesday and Somerset Pk a week on Monday. It seems daft to let these two occasions go by without at least promoting a proposed fans meeting.

I'd agree with this.

If supporters can issue an agreed statement on the proposals after an impromptu meet on Tuesday evening then that should send a clear statement out to the custodians of our club of what we expect of them during Friday's vote.

The supporters of he SPL clubs made their position very clear to their BoDs & look what happened. Time SFL fans did same.

I fear next Monday or later may be to late.

Really think it needs a full diddy teams protest and not just the jags fans but as usual its always difficult to arrange due to holidays and the clubs locations

You're right. My previous post was made before we heard about paragraph two. In the impromptu vote on Tuesday PTFC voted against sevco in Div 1 so on face value there's little point putting further pressure on our Club.They are well and truly aware of the overwhelming Jags fans' views on this. I say "on face value" as it's possible/probable (you decide) Beattie & Co had prior knowledge of para 2 but that's largely irrelevant.

Of more interest is Alloa FC itself. Their chairman Ewan Cameron is on the SFL board and I note Alloa wasn't one of the clubs that "voted" against sevco in Div 1.

I read that a member of the Alloa board is on the sfl commitee. Would this be an opportunity for Thistle fans to male their thoughts heard and seen with chants and banners? Just wondering....

See my post above, jagfox.

As I read it, Alloa apart, the other clubs on the SFL board that look like they could be for this nonsense are Arbroath, Brechin, & Dumbarton. Two out of those four to come out against sevco in SFL1 would be helpful. If there is nine on SFL board we can assume Ballantyne (Airdrie) and Longmuir himself will be pro and Pars, Queens Pk & Livingston against.

See my post above, jagfox.

As I read it, Alloa apart, the other clubs on the SFL board that look like they could be for this nonsense are Arbroath, Brechin, & Dumbarton. Two out of those four to come out against sevco in SFL1 would be helpful. If there is nine on SFL board we can assume Ballantyne (Airdrie) and Longmuir himself will be pro and Pars, Queens Pk & Livingston against.

Dumbarton in favour of sevco in Div 1 after consulting with fans according to Sun today apparently. According to BBC gossip page anyway.

Great to see the enthusiasm for a gathering. 12 responses before this one...

If fans can meet at the game and issue some sort of statement then great. Otherwise I think we need some sort of collective, now and continuing, that can take the lead on engaging fans and influencing club decisions on issues of importance. The Jags Trust don't do it. Maybe onethistle, whoever they are. Maybe just a group of fans in the pub. But something would be a lot better than nothing...

MP, a fans gathering tomorrow and a united statement addressed to our Club Board, would be worth a shot to keep the issue warm before Friday 13th.

I'd offer to organise, but I'm 250 miles from Alloa this week. But any gathering and/or petition can have my remote support.

So an amount of fans meet up, in a pub or at one of the pre-season friendlies, discuss how pissed off they are at the whole Rangers situation and are untied to see them nowhere enar the first division.

For those who attended, whether it's a large number or not there is a general concencus at the end of the meeting which represents the majority, if not all of the fans opinions on this Rangers farce. Let's assume someone offers to write up an account of the meeting, the points discussed between fans and then a message to the PTFC BoD letting them know they're unhapiness at the prospect of Rangers being allowed into Division 1 and, even worse the consequences of PTFC voting 'yes'. The club receive the statment in an e-mail.

I don't have the money to watch the first couple of pre-season friendlies, so I won't be at any arranged gathering or meeting. However, the general concensus on threads on this forum seems like all the fans are united under the one banner and are saying the same message to the board. If there is a united message of some sort or not, I don't see the difference if the Club are still being e-mailed from fans threatening to either not renew season tickets or ask for a refund from already purchased season tickets.

Good luck anyway but please drop the whole "fans deserve the BoD they have" crap. There is a large chunk of the support who havn't bothered at all with this forum and it is not like the ptfc.net or jagsforum days.

An old fashioned petition would be helpful.

A wee song maybe??

For ever and ever, we'll follow the Jags

unless you vote in those blue nose scumbags

For we made a promise that we shall fulfill

You do the dirty? then Fxxx Oxx we surely will

:evil: