Clyde Statement 10/07/12

Junior

Just on SSN Clyde are questioning should Newco even get into SFL3. They have played the whole thing brilliantly.

They certainly habe played it brilliantly and won a few more fans as well. Celtic supporter at my worksay he and his mates are going along to watch them any time that Celtic are away and they will be supporting other teams like Queens Park who vote no, maybe we will get a few more bodies along if we do the same thing.

Thats not to say Celtic fans are not being hypocritical it just helps illustrate how many new friends teams like Clyde are making

As I said on another post, regardless of the outcome, I think we've already lost potential fans due to the lack of communication from the club. Raith and Clyde will forever be remembered their stance while we've been humming and hawing. We should have been leading the charge in this situation, not bumbling about in the background

As I said on another post, regardless of the outcome, I think we've already lost potential fans due to the lack of communication from the club. Raith and Clyde will forever be remembered their stance while we've been humming and hawing. We should have been leading the charge in this situation, not bumbling about in the background

I fear the same, although i would add that potential loss could also be down to the contents, wording and 'reading betweeen the lines' of the statements that have been made, and DBs comments to the press a couple of weeks ago.

However, maybe our board and DB have a cunning plan ..... and they will come out with a scathing statement post-meeting over Hunswereus, League reconstruction, SR, ND, CO, GP and others running our game - and that their whole plan all along was to create such a clusterfk situation to show up how corrupt the game in Scotland is from top to bottom (especially at the top), and to not only force change, but help bring about such a storm to force the removal of SR, ND, CO, GP and co - and behind the scenes they have been the silent leaders, using Clyde and Raith and other clubs as front spokespersons to fan the flames, and DB and PTFC will be hailed as the saviour of Scottish Football (and consquently, new and lapsed supporters flock to Firhill and other grounds that house leaders of sporting integrity) ..... as Hunswereus are refused entry to the SFL, the incompetents (SR, ND, CO, GP and co) are sacked without any payoffs, and all 41 clubs in SPL and SFL have signed up to the Jags proposal of 20 and 22 team leagues with regional pyramid structure underneath.

Who am i kidding? Time to wake up from the dream, this is the PTFC board we are talking about :wall:

Clyde have just posted the following statement, pasted here as it took a few attempts to get into their website, probably having another mass of hits. Another excellent and openly honest statement, but equally as worrying in its inferences and comments on some aspects. This ain;t over yet, not by a long shot.

The club chairman attended a very sobering meeting of the SFL today where the 30 clubs voted on resolutions in the manner that they felt were, on balance, for the good of the game. Nobody had arrived at decisions easily and all had been placed in intolerable positions of having to decide without the basic information that would reflect good governance and having to speculate about unresolved matters around sanctions and membership of the SFA that other bodies had so far failed to deal with.

The outcome was never going to be a good one, but it was one of significant unity amongst the clubs, and even where clubs voted differently, it was not a divisive difference of views, everyone understood the complex mix of circumstances facing each club would never deliver unanimity of voting.

We reported this morning prior to the vote of all clubs that “Sevco Scotland Ltd will not be playing in the Third Division in the coming season”. Nothing heard today altered that opinion, in fact, it strengthened it.

For the good of the game we need to see the SFA accept the will of its members, who all voted today, as members of the SFL, in the clear knowledge that the SFA had it in its power to refuse to transfer SFA membership to Sevco Scotland Ltd should the vote support the entry of Sevco Scotland Ltd into SFL 3.

We were asked to respect the confidentiality of those presenting today as only that agreement would allow them to be as candid as they were, we cannot therefore share what was said, however Mr Green left the SFL member clubs in no doubt about what he had been told by the SFA.

The SFL saw a level of unity and unselfishness that owes significant credit to the first division clubs who stated their intention to seek a 42 club solution and not to take part in a divisive alternative. This kind of unity if maintained will help deliver the change that the game so badly needs and the first division clubs in particular will merit.

If the SFA now act to support any process to undermine the clear views of the SFL members, who are also members of the SFA, then this club will join others in questioning those in leadership.

Sadly for our game, this saga is not over, teams cannot plan and that includes Rangers, who may yet be denied the opportunity to play football in SFL 3 because it suits the interests of others.

• Members

The SFL saw a level of unity and unselfishness that owes significant credit to the first division clubs who stated their intention to seek a 42 club solution and not to take part in a divisive alternative. This kind of unity if maintained will help deliver the change that the game so badly needs and the first division clubs in particular will merit.

Picked this out in particular as I get the impression from this that the 1st division Clubs are saying they would not be willing to break away to an SPL 2. I hope that's exactly how I'm reading it. And I hope further they stick with this if SPL2 is quickly thrown together.

What a difference there is between the communications from Clyde's Board and ours!

The willingness to be forthright and open can only serve Clyde well and I sincerely hope that they see an increase in their support and revenue streams as those who live nearby react to folk who take a stand.

Meanwhile back at Fortress Firhill what a shambles. Here I also sincerely hope that we have a simple case of ineptness. Sorry, even as I type this I wonder if I'm kidding myself. What we got was a severe disappointment. I keep goinng back to the OS to check if our last comms statement has been fixed. Ineptness can only account for so much. Whoever drafted our response should have another go as this will not go away. Heaven help us if "we" voted Yes!!

I share the strong desire to push all this cr#p behind us. The Club statement - if half that of Clyde's - would have broken the dyke and lead us all to unite in praise, relief and anticipation of what all this could mean for the Jags and Scottish football.

So for all of us who "want to move on" , let's see the Club galvanise us to do so. Over now to our Official Site ................... PLEASE tell us you voted NO!!

I agree that it is a good synopsis of what took place at the meeting - but I don't actually see if it confirms how Clyde voted. Apart from the number of words it says exactly the same as the Thistle statement, doesnt it ?

Aye, Clyde voted yes, they've been among the most fervent supporters of newco in SFL1. :rolleyes:

Edited by MWM

Did you get knocked back from the PR job or something Sandy? You're certainly banging on about it enough.

Admit it Will, you could be doing a better job of it!

PR not my bag, but I know the damage and frustration poor Communications can deliver. If Clyde can get it right, why can't we?