So How Did We Vote?

MWM

I don't think the default position on a newspaper story should ever be it is truth

The national newspaper also said Brechin voted yes - but they have stated on their website that they voted no. It seems you are prepared to believe other clubs but not your own

Ok, so what is wrong (using your logic) with Thistle supporters asking for the club to clarify their position?

As in ..... "The national newspaper also said Thistle voted yes - but they could easily have stated on their website that they voted no."

Edit: Trotter beat me to it as i was typing

Edited by yoda-jag

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I wrote before, I couldn't really give a toss about which way other teams voted, I don't support any other team.

The Daily Record has either printed the truth which contradicts the diffuse statements our club has made, or they have printed a lie about the decision the directors of our club made. Never mind all this 'sources say' bollocks.

If our board had released a less vague statement to begin with this wouldn't be necessary. They didn't so clarification is needed, if only to correct rubbish printed in a national newspaper read by hundreds of thousands - a good many who may boycott our club because of it.

See the thread on the Clyde statement as a possible reason why there is no categorical confirmation one way or the other. More trust is being put on a newspaper report which is wrong as opposed to direct statements of how the Thistle were going to vote.(in another thread someone posted an email he received from David Beattie)

David Beattie - Guilty until proven innocent. What a just bunch we all are.

If you wereaccused of being guilty (DR this morning) & had the platform to tell your support of your innocence (club website/press statement) would you not take that opportunity?

Unless...

• Members

I could understand why five 1st division Clubs would vote yes to Rangers in their Division. Can't for the life of me understand why any 2nd or 3rd division Club would pass up the opportunity of potentially boosting their gates for at least one season. But then again, the 1st division Clubs should realise the cash will come eventually if Sevco move through the leagues as expected.

From a financial point of view, I could understand why Thistle may think it's wise to vote yes for Sevco this coming season after losing the income from the Warriors. However, my view is that would be short sighted with the loss of evry ST having to be offset by another 16 full paying customers through the door on the 2 visits this Season from Sevco. Gets the Club off the hook this Season financially... maybe. But at what long term cost?

Someone mentioned elsewhere that DB and Maxi were now both on holiday. However the Club need to get in touch with DB and let him know about the Daily Record article and it needs to be cleared up if it's not the case because keeping quiet just means you are guilty as charged. That said, if there is something else in the offing for Monday, I can fully understand why all the 1st Division Clubs would want to keep their powder dry until then. It's all a bag of shit and does nothing for Scottish Football whatsoever.

Lenzie Jag gonna give it a rest?

From the start you have said you wouldn't be bothered if we voted for them to get into Div 1. That's your position and you're are more than entitled to it.

Others have said that they were bothered with how we as a club voted. That's their position and they are more than entitled to it.

Those who are bothered with how we voted are asking for clarification in light of an ambiguous statement from our club and a newspaper report. It's a right and proper thing to do if they feel that their continued support of the club is at issue. As stated there are plenty of other clubs to have said how they voted so there is no reason why PTFC cannot come out and provide the assurance that some fans are wanting - unless we as a club did indeed vote for Rangers to div 1.

I could understand why five 1st division Clubs would vote yes to Rangers in their Division. Can't for the life of me understand why any 2nd or 3rd division Club would pass up the opportunity of potentially boosting their gates for at least one season. But then again, the 1st division Clubs should realise the cash will come eventually if Sevco move through the leagues as expected.

From a financial point of view, I could understand why Thistle may think it's wise to vote yes for Sevco this coming season after losing the income from the Warriors. However, my view is that would be short sighted with the loss of evry ST having to be offset by another 16 full paying customers through the door on the 2 visits this Season from Sevco. Gets the Club off the hook this Season financially... maybe. But at what long term cost?

Are Celtic U-19s or 21s not playing at Frihill this season? That'll fill some if not all the income from the Warriors. Did the Warriors not have to pay an exit fee in the terms of their contract? (May have dreamed that last bit).

Agree with last piece of that though!

Someone mentioned elsewhere that DB and Maxi were now both on holiday. However the Club need to get in touch with DB and let him know about the Daily Record article and it needs to be cleared up...

DB pictured in DR this morning so he was club's rep yesterday!

Why should I give it a rest and not everyone else. Why are you singling me out. Is I because I don't agree ? Have you read the statement by Clyde. An agreement of confidentiality was reached by the clubs not to discuss what was said or how the clubs voted. All the clubs that are making statements are breaking that confidentiality. Is that ok for you ?

Why should I give it a rest and not everyone else. Why are you singling me out. Is I because I don't agree ? Have you read the statement by Clyde. An agreement of confidentiality was reached by the clubs not to discuss what was said or how the clubs voted. All the clubs that are making statements are breaking that confidentiality. Is that ok for you ?

There was nothing signed that was legally binding & the fact that a good number of clubs have gone public with how they voted kinda shoots that arguement down in flames!

Alex Thomson's blog also makes reference to the fact that a number of SFL chairman couldn't wait to tell him what was said in the meeting.

That is my point,MWM. Despite DB sending an e mail to another fan saying Thistle will vote no it seems that because they havent actually said it in the statement you don't believe they voted no. Clyde didn't say in the statement that they voted no but you believe them. Go figure.

If that's your point of view, Trotter I will remember not to tell you anything confidential unless of course I get to you to sign something first

I'm merely stating a fact.

If they didn't want it to go into the public domain why run outside and tell the first available journo?

There were 42 chairmen in that room. You're looking around and you see 5 voting for Sevco Rovers into SFL1? What do you think? Are they voting for the good of the game? Of course not, they'll shaft them as soon as.

Therefore why should you keep quiet.

Hypothetical & extremely unlikely to happen but...

SPL2 formed next week, do you think they're going to keep quiet if PTFC, Hamilton have voted 'yes'?

IMO if we voted 'yes' we're no better than the SPL chairman who voted us out all those years ago.

Have you read it? It suggests an agreement was reached that rendered the presentations made by the SFA and Sevco confidential, not the results of the vote.

What a lot of hooey getting spouted now.

The meeting yesterday was exactly as billed - the single most important vote in the history of the Scottish Football League. Anyone who proposes to argue that it's not appropriate, relevant, sensible or downright essential for the club to make it crystal clear to its own supporters which way it voted on their behalf is a blithering idiot.

No offence intended, obviously, but there it is.

Edit: and since someone has already just asked me - if any individual feels the voting issue is of no personal interest to them and has no impact on their decision to attend games etc, they're perfectly entitled to that view. But it will affect other fans and fans of other clubs and, ultimately, hurt Thistle so whether you turn a blind eye/deaf ear/whatever to it or not, the little football world is changed by these things and it's idiotic to pretend otherwise.

Edited by Double Ugly

Lenzie Jag gonna give it a rest?

From the start you have said you wouldn't be bothered if we voted for them to get into Div 1. That's your position and you're are more than entitled to it.

Others have said that they were bothered with how we as a club voted. That's their position and they are more than entitled to it.

Those who are bothered with how we voted are asking for clarification in light of an ambiguous statement from our club and a newspaper report. It's a right and proper thing to do if they feel that their continued support of the club is at issue. As stated there are plenty of other clubs to have said how they voted so there is no reason why PTFC cannot come out and provide the assurance that some fans are wanting - unless we as a club did indeed vote for Rangers to div 1.

To be honest I think it's more a case of him/her saying its just as likely we said no as it is that we said yes. Not exactly disrespecting anyone's right to an opinion, it's not like he's asked anyone to give it a rest. Should others who have voiced their opinion several times give it a rest? I happen to think its more likely we've voted no, but we need to know either way and we need to know now.

Hopefully this statement from the Official Site will put this debate to bed:

There have been a number of calls and emails over the last 24 hours to the club, many of which I have received, requesting a more definitive statement regarding Friday's vote on the Sevco matter. To be clear, the board met a week last Friday and voted unanimously against the prospect of Sevco being granted immediate access to SFL 1 and that is the vote which was carried to the SFL meeting yesterday.

Ian Maxwell, General Manager

The message couldn't be clearer.

'Monra Jags!

The message couldn't be clearer.

Well, it could, but never mind.

This.

What annoys me is that amongst all the debate and arguing, we've maybe just not stopped long enough to have a right good laugh at Rangers.

We have several seasons (before we have to even play their alien zombie spawn in a league), if not decades to laugh at the club that is shamed, exposed, corrupt, near liquidated and soon to be dead, no more, extinct, deceased, bereft of life, cease to exist.