Crowd Noise

Did anyone else notice the crowd noise (presumably from the North Stand) that was being played into the JH stand today over the tannoy? What on earth was that all about? It sounded awful and was really annoying.

Great game today, and a really good atmosphere, but I have absolutely no idea who thought the above was a good idea.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice the crowd noise (presumably from the North Stand) that was being played into the JH stand today over the tannoy? What on earth was that all about? It sounded awful and was really annoying.

Great game today, and a really good atmosphere, but I have absolutely no idea who thought the above was a good idea.

Totally agree with everything you have just said, loved the game and the atmosphere, but no need to pipe through any singing from the North Stand...a step too far for me! :happy2:

You hear it quite a lot watching European games. I have to say I didn't notice it sitting near the back of the JH stand. Best atmosphere at Firhill for a long time though.

I never noticed it from there either, but the music just before kick off was awful. I dont mean the actual music, just the sound. It was too loud to the extent that it was distorted.

I never noticed it from there either, but the music just before kick off was awful. I dont mean the actual music, just the sound. It was too loud to the extent that it was distorted.

Couldn't agree more - really painful to listen to. :angry2:

It seemed to me that the type of music was to blame (along with the bleedin' volume) in that it was all top-end and jangly.

When the more bassy (is that a word?) run-out music came on it was much more bearable.

PLEASE Mr DJ don't have it so flaming loud - it's not enjoyable.

It did lead to a good rendition of R&Y Army near the end of the game. Peeps in the Jackie Husband stand just don't ever want to sing it seems. I'll definitely be going into the shed for the next game, get some singing going :happy2:

I agree. I actually thought the atmosphere in the ground was great today. Full marks to the shed for the singing. I don't think it's a bad idea having a little bit of the atmosphere/singing coming through the speakers. Could sound a bit better in future but not a bad effort for a first attempt. Oh and by the way.....It's a PA system. Tannoy is a brand name!

It's amazing how torn faced some Thistle fans can be after a day like today. Always looking for something to complain about.

In the last 10 mins of the game the whole of the JHS Stand joined the North Stand in singing Red & Yellow Army the whole JHS has not sang in unision in the last three Seasons ,we struggle to create an atmosphere ,every avenue and every opportunity will be explored to improve the Matchday Experience for our Supporters ,and for the record it was me who thought it was a good idea.

A big thankyou to the guys in the Shed who sang there hearts out .now all we need is for the JHS to out sing them :thumbsup2:

I agree. I actually thought the atmosphere in the ground was great today. Full marks to the shed for the singing. I don't think it's a bad idea having a little bit of the atmosphere/singing coming through the speakers. Could sound a bit better in future but not a bad effort for a first attempt. Oh and by the way.....It's a PA system. Tannoy is a brand name!

It's amazing how torn faced some Thistle fans can be after a day like today. Always looking for something to complain about.

not at all, but the sound was bad. I felt sorry for the wee woman selling the 50-50 tickets in the JH concourse as the sound in there was at it's worst & she couldn't escape it!!

The noise of the crowd being played over the PA system has nothing to do with any attempt to 'generate' an atmosphere. The only way to stop it would be to turn the speakers off in the North Stand. Speakers can act just like microphones, and if youre loud enough you'll get the effect you heard today.

It may be a bit naff.... but it totally worked. Best Atmosphere at a thistle game for years. If we can generate that atmosphere for the rest of the season i think we'll agree to disagree about the mic'd up singing while toasting the first division title. Lets not be too harsh on it before we've been able to assess its potential impact. I sang more today than i have for ages and i think the crowd noise had a lot to do with that