So, Who To Sign?

We require another striker. Tony Watt on loan please.

We certainly need an on form second striker to Doolan. I'm not too confident that McGuigan or Christie are up to it yet. If we could get one of them loaned out to get regular games that might help. Bring in a loan striker during that spell then come January as Junior says we can see if we can afford anybody more permanent.

I think there's goals in attacking midfield, certainly Lawless, and Welsh, Erskine & Bannigan will also chip in but I still feel there's too much pressure on Doolan to perform.

did he not turn down aberdeen cos he wanted to carry on part time as a plumber or something? dnt think we've got any chance of getting him.

Think he was wanting to carry on with an apprenticeship and get a qualification. Once he's got that I think he'll play at as high a level as possible and return to plumbing when he needs to.

Think he was wanting to carry on with an apprenticeship and get a qualification. Once he's got that I think he'll play at as high a level as possible and return to plumbing when he needs to.

Surprised if McAllister would up sticks and move to Central Belt for our wages but there might be reasons why a move to Glasgow would suit him. Evidently he's a player who's best playing up front on his own and that might make him a good signing the way we play.

We require another striker. Tony Watt on loan please.

Would love to sign Watt but, especially after his game changing performance yesterday, I don't think we have any chance of that. He would be top of my list though, no harm in asking.

I certainly think we need another striker, probably a loan deal. A couple of options may be:

Danny Handling - Hibs striker, was on loan at Berwick for about a month last season and scored 7 goals in 7 games. Given our relatively decent relationship with Hibs, what with the Cairney and Welsh moves, this could be an option, depending that he doesn't feature too heavily in their plans which I don't think he will considering they've just signed another striker in Shefki Kuqi.

Rory McKenzie - Killie striker, was on loan at Brechin last season and scored 7 in 17 games. Left footed and can play on the wing so would suit Jackie's preference for signing versatile players.

Stevie May - Doesn't need much introduction, Third Division Player of the Year despite only playing for half the season. St Johnstone have got a good few forward options in Beattie, Vine, Hasselbaink, Tade and Higgins so his playing time is probably going to be limited.

Sean Higgins - Again, like May, will probably find his playing time restricted at St Johnstone. Proven player in this division.

Jamie Pollock is a central midfielder, so I would be surprised if we were interested. We have enough competition for that position as it is. He played on loan at Clyde last year and scored a couple.

I'm not sure that we do need anyone else at the moment. We have 14 first team starters (once Rowser is back) and we do have cover at the back (Balatoni) and up front (Elliot, McGuigan, Craigan) with versatile midfielders I think we have 2 or 3 players for every position. OK, so the backups are not as good as the first team, but that is why they are backups. Anyone new joining is likely to be a bench warmer and no better than what we have.

Would love to sign Watt but, especially after his game changing performance yesterday, I don't think we have any chance of that. He would be top of my list though, no harm in asking.

I certainly think we need another striker, probably a loan deal. A couple of options may be:

Danny Handling - Hibs striker, was on loan at Berwick for about a month last season and scored 7 goals in 7 games. Given our relatively decent relationship with Hibs, what with the Cairney and Welsh moves, this could be an option, depending that he doesn't feature too heavily in their plans which I don't think he will considering they've just signed another striker in Shefki Kuqi.

Rory McKenzie - Killie striker, was on loan at Brechin last season and scored 7 in 17 games. Left footed and can play on the wing so would suit Jackie's preference for signing versatile players.

Stevie May - Doesn't need much introduction, Third Division Player of the Year despite only playing for half the season. St Johnstone have got a good few forward options in Beattie, Vine, Hasselbaink, Tade and Higgins so his playing time is probably going to be limited.

Sean Higgins - Again, like May, will probably find his playing time restricted at St Johnstone. Proven player in this division.

Excellent options all.

One of those could make the difference.

On the other hand, three more points next week could see the current crop create a momentum that would not be worth disturbing.

Here's hoping.