Cyclists

Chicofan

Right I've had with this breed...twice in the last 2 weeks now I've nearly been mowed down whilst walking on the pavement.

Can these twats not make their mind up?? If you want to go on the pavement walk if you want to cycle go on the road.

Oh and another thing there is a keen cyclist in my work must be mid 50's...what a state...parading about in his lycra pants.. with...wait for it..shaved legs...what the devil is that all aboot??

I'm all for banning cyclists..who's with me?? sick of these Chris Hoy Bradley Biggins wannabes causing mayhem on their racers!

If the politicians got their act together and tried to create bike-friendly streets like the ones in Denmark and Holland, there would be less of an issue and a lot more people would start to see cycling as a realistic way for commuting to and from work. That said, some cyclists really don't do themselves any favours by skipping red lights and cycling on the pavement.

Simple answer to many of these problems is for cyclists to decide if they want to be road users or pedestrians. If they want to be pedestrians, they get off their bikes. If they want to be road users, then obey the rules of the road - especially those arcane things called traffic lights. A road user is a road user - no excuse when sailing through red lights and cutting up pedestrians trying to use the crossings.

Cyclists' fashions? Using the word in the way it's used by a younger generation: gay. :yellow_card:

Come on now laddie !!!. Calm doon. Surely you can be more aware of whats going on, while you dander along the pavement?. Those roads can get a wee bit busy, and a wee jink up the pavement saves a bit of time. You'd probably have had your headphones on, and not able to hear the polite tring tring of the poor fella's bell.

As for the "old" dude with the shaved legs--- he's mibbe just cycled so hard that the friction has worn all the hair off !!!

Simple answer to many of these problems is for cyclists to decide if they want to be road users or pedestrians. If they want to be pedestrians, they get off their bikes. If they want to be road users, then obey the rules of the road - especially those arcane things called traffic lights. A road user is a road user - no excuse when sailing through red lights and cutting up pedestrians trying to use the crossings.

The main reason stopping people from taking up cycling is because there are no cycling facilities in place and the roads are simply too dangerous. One of the many answers would be to have designated cycling lanes and traffic legislation aimed for the benefit of the most vulnerable.

Those roads can get a wee bit busy, and a wee jink up the pavement saves a bit of time.

There are plenty of things people can do to save a bit of time but are outlawed because they are dangerous. Cycling on the pavement is one of them. I'm a cyclist myself and can't stand cyclists who don't follow guidelines giving the rest a bad name. Stick to the roads, it's not that difficult.

Come on now laddie !!!. Calm doon. Surely you can be more aware of whats going on, while you dander along the pavement?. Those roads can get a wee bit busy, and a wee jink up the pavement saves a bit of time. You'd probably have had your headphones on, and not able to hear the polite tring tring of the poor fella's bell.

As for the "old" dude with the shaved legs--- he's mibbe just cycled so hard that the friction has worn all the hair off !!!

Nope I'm not having it..hang them all!!!

the dude in work is getting his tyres let doon in protest!!

I was thinking just the other day that, now that the schools have gone back, what the forum really needs is another pro/anti cyclist discussion.

Maybe this time we'll get some reasoned debate resulting in a compromise we can all agree on, rather than the childish name calling that has blighted the previous threads.

Doubt it though. :yawn::sleep1:

I was thinking just the other day that, now that the schools have gone back, what the forum really needs is another pro/anti cyclist discussion.

Maybe this time we'll get some reasoned debate resulting in a compromise we can all agree on, rather than the childish name calling that has blighted the previous threads.

Doubt it though. :yawn::sleep1:

b@wbag

:innocent2:

:hypocrite:

Edited by hamiltonjag

Still one poster short by my reckoning! :D

If you're fishing for me to get involved then no comment! :music:

As a fully paid up 2 car bike riding fascist I could urge my fellow stone roses fan chicofan to let it pass him by ... but he's obviously raging so should he encounter one again then he should have recourse to two acceptable courses of action which I would fully support (a) physically push him and send him flying off his bike and onto the pavement ... or the altogether more brutal ( B) carry a chunky long stick and shove it in the spokes sending the twat over the handlebars. In either case expect a bit of argy bargy but you should get the obligatory handers from other pavement amigos.

As for the faggot in lycra (fully paid up member of the rather sad MAMIL cult - middle aged man in lycra) there's no hope. Shaved legs could be a sign that his saddle is to restrictive on the scrotum that they have stopped producing wee fishies/testosterone and he is morphing into a she-he.

Edited by gianlucatoni

Can't say I've experienced anything like Chicofan has with cyclists but I have with joggers. I have no problem whatsoever with folk jogging about (notice how there numbers have swelled over the last few years?) but its these groups of 15-20+ joggers all coming at you at once I get fed up with. They're like a pack of wilderbeasts charging through the pavement. It's even worse when they come out of nowhere.

Edited by northernsoul

What about car drivers that seem to think us pedestrians possess psychic powers of deduction of their corner making decisions when executing said actions without using indicators? Throw a pavement cyclist at 'em? Or a wee kick to the side door? Always seems to get worse when it's pishing down.

Can't say I've experienced anything like Chicofan has with cyclists but I have with joggers. I have no problem whatsoever with folk jogging about (notice how there numbers have swelled over the last few years?) but its these groups of 15-20+ joggers all coming at you at once I get fed up with. They're like a pack of wilderbeasts charging through the pavement. It's even worse when they come out of nowhere.

Bellahouston Park area is brutal..packs of group joggers..when did this start??? there always seems to be a leader who is quite fit with around 12 hangers on gasping for breath about 100 yards behind