County On Saturday

Dug1e

Who decided that Saturday/Sunday games are to kick off at 12:15?

once again the fans have not been taken into consideration.

Dingwall to Glasgow for a 12:15 ko?

There could be up to 6 County fans fewer than what we might otherwise have expected. Sort it out SPFL...!!!! Edited by crazy davie
  • Like 1

Respect for any County fan that comes down from Dingwall. If the fixtures were reversed and we were safe from the play offs I can't see many of us making the trek for a 12.15 KO

What you do then is head up for an overnight stay in Inverness the night before :) (drunken memories)

Regarding the game itself it looks like we have even more injuries with Bauben out and Bannigan and Taylor-Sinclair doubts for tomorrow.

Could be tough making sure of that 7th place.

Possible team assuming they're all out?

Gallagher

Fraser Mair Balatoni McMillan

Craigen Erskine

Elliot Doolan Higginbotham

Taylor

He might give Fox a shot and maybe even give Moncur or another youngster a try out (though that's more likely later in the game).

Regarding the game itself it looks like we have even more injuries with Bauben out and Bannigan and Taylor-Sinclair doubts for tomorrow.

Gallagher

Craigen Erskine

Taylor

He might give Fox a shot and maybe even give Moncur or another youngster a try out (though that's more likely later in the game).

The 3 points are worth a fortune financially for us, play the strongest fittest team (With a cameo from Archie when we are 4-1 up)

Gallagher

Craigen Erskine

Taylor

I can assure you with £150k at stake tomorrow will not be a day for try outs.

It's a huge three points tomorrow, it could be the difference between us being able to sign (or keep hold of) certain players or not.

@1JL

There are other possibilities - such as bringing in Piccolo and playing Balatoni at right back -but probably we'll get at least 1 out of the 3 doubtful fit enough to play, for instance if Bannigan made it he could play at left back with Fraser/Craigen as holding midfield.

@Jag

I agree which is why I said they are more likely later in the game.

I think one thing in our favour is that I can't see Adams letting his team go out and having a real go. It may make it a bit harder for us to score but will give a changed team (if that's how it turns out, it may not) time to settle into the game.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Could play Piccollo as the hosing midfielder?

Does he have a bladder problem?

Seriously though I don't think that would work, he's just not quick or mobile enough. I think Balatoni could do it - and he's also played right back in the past - but then do you want Piccolo in the back four ahead of him?

Edited by Mr Bunny

Gallagher

Craigen Erskine

Taylor

looking at that lineup, reminds me of the old pre-war lineups of 2-3-5, all out attack, which could be as follows:

Gallagher

Mair Balatoni

Fraser Craigen McMillan

Elliot Doolan Taylor Erskine Higginbotham

toot toot toot toot toot toot toot toot toot toot ..... CHAARRRGGGGGGEE !!!!

looking at that lineup, reminds me of the old pre-war lineups of 2-3-5, all out attack, which could be as follows:

Gallagher

Mair Balatoni

Fraser Craigen McMillan

Elliot Doolan Taylor Erskine Higginbotham

toot toot toot toot toot toot toot toot toot toot ..... CHAARRRGGGGGGEE !!!!

Pre-war only before 1930. Offside changed in 1926 which made the old 2-3-5 difficult to play securely but it took a few years to develop the W-M formation i.e. 3-2-2-3, which is bit like some modern formations come to think of it. Maybe your pre-war was 1918!! :D

Difference between now and then really is that forwards move all over the pitch with fullbacks giving regular width. Back then players stuck to positions more. What I like about the way Jags play now is the way a player can pop up anywhere.

Did anyone get feedback from the club about being refused entry to the North Stand at the St Mirren game with JH season tickets?

Me and the wean will be gutted if this happens to us again today : (

Yes, got a placatory email from Lance about the problems they had with stewarding and so on. Getting an autographed ball too. They seem to be aware there were issues and are addressing them Hopefully no problems today.

Selection problems indeed. Hopefully one of ATS or Banzo will make it. If ATS is out I'd be tempted to play Conrad at left-back, as doing so will enable us to keep three of the back four in position, rather than having McMillan switch sides also. This would leave us with Fraser and Craigen (or Banzo if he makes it) at CM. The rest pick themselves.

Gutted to be missing my first home game of the season, in fact the first game I've missed apart from Aberdeen away, but shit happens. Don't really know what to expect today, but I'd love to see that little turd Adams in a huff again.

In terms of money it obviously makes a not inconsiderable difference to this club, but whether that would be a realistic motivating factor for players at this stage of the season, I really don't know.

What I do know is that for the second season in a row it has been a privilidge to watch this team, even if sometimes it has not exactly seemed like it. However, that has forever been the Thistle way and who am I to demurr.

I only want to thank the staff, both management and playing for another wonderful season for our wee team and hope that next season will be onwards and upwards.

Reluctantly choosing to give it a miss today. I will be listening into the games on the radio in the hope we secure 7th place.

The difference in prize money between 10th and 7th is quite considerable at £155,000.

That could help fund the purchase of Lyle Taylor or a new contract to ATS if we can convince him to stay.

Regardless, its been a great season. I was beginning to doubt Archie and a few of the players during that awful run but they've proved the doubters wrong and I'm very confident this group of players and the coaching staff will now go from strength to strength. I reckon we're just 3 or 4 players away from having a real top 6 side.