Steven Lawleff

Jagsman

Then again they could be reporting it in ye olde englifh or their wepowter has a wisp. (sorry to offend anyone on here who has a lisp)

I saw that on the online page 2 games ago and though WTF or who the f**k is that...maybe he can be lined up with duke

I read somewhere (on another thread?) that the Press Association is responsible for the howlers. The broadcasters, especially their websites, get a lot of their information from PA. Do you honestly think that Sky sends reporters to all our matches?

I read somewhere (on another thread?) that the Press Association is responsible for the howlers. The broadcasters, especially their websites, get a lot of their information from PA. Do you honestly think that Sky sends reporters to all our matches?

Yeh but just because the PA or some other syndicated outfit get it wrong in no way excuses the end publisher.

If not the case we might as well change our name to Patrick Thistle.

Yeh but just because the PA or some other syndicated outfit get it wrong in no way excuses the end publisher.

If not the case we might as well change our name to Patrick Thistle.

Agreed. I was only giving an explanation. There is no excuse for journalistic sloppiness that is widespread, not just in sports reporting.

What pisses me off most is that there is usually somebody at Firhill (or wherever) employed by the BBC and covering the game for Sportsounds 'Open All Mics' , yet the subsequent match report is utter pish and in no way representative of how the game actually panned out.

What pisses me off most is that there is usually somebody at Firhill (or wherever) employed by the BBC and covering the game for Sportsounds 'Open All Mics' , yet the subsequent match report is utter pish and in no way representative of how the game actually panned out.

That's because Gordon Dalziel or whoever they send along cannot spell or indeed turn on a computer. If that moron managed to put pepper in his bovril without injuring either himself or someone beside him, I'd be amazed. I do not like Gordon Dalziel.

Edit: I do however like pepper in my bovril, and lots of it.

Edited by chunky jag

The top goal scorers list includes cup games, and appears to be correct.

Edited to add: Sorry misread what the issue was - I was thinking about the goals column in the league table and thought for some reason you meant our scorers on Saturday had got double. If you click on the link to view the full list our players names are correct.

Edited by twinny

The BBC's page for Thistle is an absolute joke. It has the aforementioned mis-spellings in the top scorers sections yet manages to spell all 3 correctly in the squad section. That's about the only thing the squad section has going for it. They include numerous players no longer with the club, including Greg Shields who played a handful of games for us about 2 years ago. Apparently Willie Kinniburgh still plays for us and is a striker!

I sent 2 e-mails to the BBC pointing out the errors a few months ago including one to their official complaints address to which you're supposed to receive a reply. Haven't heard a word.