Thistle Youth Sides.

thriller

As some of you will have noticed we now carry fixtures and results of the various youth teams on the club website, www.ptfc.co.uk, as we aim to bring better coverage of the progress of the youth teams.

As with many things it remains very much a 'work in progress' but we should now also be bringing brief updates/reports on the games played with the link below an example:

http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/u16_u17/seasons/2012-2013/fixtures_results/1609_clyde_u16_17

My thanks to his Royal Highness, The King of Spain for his assistance with this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must admit thistles u15s are really impressive they move the ball about so well,work really hard and score some great goals have a few excellent players

Perhaps these are the first group of young Thistle players to have been coached mostly (or even wholly) under the new management and have been taught to play the system Jackie wants the big team to play (and no other system)?

Perhaps these are the first group of young Thistle players to have been coached mostly (or even wholly) under the new management and have been taught to play the system Jackie wants the big team to play (and no other system)?

This team are really impressive.Have watched them a few times this season and they just get better and better.Have taken a few workmates up to watch them and now they keep going on about them as well.As I have said before I hope we can keep these kids when the bigger guns come calling .The coaches at under 15 level deserve a lot of credit.A pleasure to watch.

This team are really impressive.Have watched them a few times this season and they just get better and better.Have taken a few workmates up to watch them and now they keep going on about them as well.As I have said before I hope we can keep these kids when the bigger guns come calling .The coaches at under 15 level deserve a lot of credit.A pleasure to watch.

That sounds really good. Hope we can keep most of them at the club for a good while yet.

• 2 months later...

Last of the so called friendly games for the Under 13's away to Morton this Sunday before the second half of the season starts again the following week.

Going for their 3rd friendly win in a row after good performances against Dumbarton and Ayr Utd.

It's all about development though rather than results at this age group but they have a very decent team with some very good prospects in it.

The first half of the season had a bit of a mixture of results and performances but it's their first season together and are doing well.

Hopefully these young Jags keep it going into the second half of the season and continue playing good football and developing both as a team and individually.