North Stand Singing Over The Tannoy...

P-T-118

103 members have voted

1. 1. play the north stand singing over the tannoy...

• yes
    • no
    • don't care (watch out for the skelf's...)

It has been going on long enough now for people to have liked / disliked the singing from the north stand being played over the tannoy.

Plenty of people have shared their views about this good and bad on other threads, but maybe a vote should decide wether it should continue or not - LET THE FANS DECIDE...

As someone posted on another thread, "if the north stand is not for under 16's because of bad lanuage - or similar - then why is deemed alright to broadcast it over the tannoy...".

Edited by P-T-118

The playback really doesn't really bother me one way or another.

I would have voted but, there's no "don't care" button on the poll.

Likewise. I'm not a fan that makes much noise in the first place so I'd sit on the fence with this one.

For what it's worth I don't like canned laughter on the TV and I suspect this type of artificial enhancement may hold us up to a wee bit of ridicule, kinda like Tom Hughes's misquoted statement/suggestion about fans sitting apart to make it look like a bigger crowd.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I was a fan of the idea of it coming through the tannoy but after Saturday it just became annoying and it is also delayed by a few seconds making it even more distracting as well as making it more difficult for people to hear what they are actually singing. Which in turn could kind of alienate other fans from singing from the JHS as it may become a mumble and a shambles.

I was a fan of the idea of it coming through the tannoy but after Saturday it just became annoying and it is also delayed by a few seconds making it even more distracting as well as making it more difficult for people to hear what they are actually singing. Which in turn could kind of alienate other fans from singing from the JHS as it may become a mumble and a shambles.

sometimes it's just as well not hearing what they are " singing"! Embarassed recently when with a friend new to Firhill by the chanting at departing away supporters of " Get tae f..., Get tae f..." relayed by the tannoy. No , shut off the tannoy relay!

sometimes it's just as well not hearing what they are " singing"! Embarassed recently when with a friend new to Firhill by the chanting at departing away supporters of " Get tae f..., Get tae f..." relayed by the tannoy. No , shut off the tannoy relay!

LOL its a football match ya numpty. That kind of chant has been going on for years at Firhill and other grounds around the whole of Britain.

Oh and i like the singing coming over the tannoy. I think it adds to the atmosphere. Keep it i say.

If they could avoid the delay, I wouldn't be against it continuing.

Maybe I'm naive/stupid/whatever but I was thinking on Saturday that the North stand was making some noise - then I look over and what I see doesn't seem to tally with what I hear. To me the quality was good enough for me to be convinced it was coming 'live' from them. However if the intention is to try and get the JH to join in with the singing, I can't see any point continuing as we'd all be singing at different times. Unless we're trying to sing in a round.

I do sit in the city end and am deaf in my right ear, so I am using that as an excuse!

If they could avoid the delay, I wouldn't be against it continuing.

Maybe I'm naive/stupid/whatever but I was thinking on Saturday that the North stand was making some noise - then I look over and what I see doesn't seem to tally with what I hear. To me the quality was good enough for me to be convinced it was coming 'live' from them. However if the intention is to try and get the JH to join in with the singing, I can't see any point continuing as we'd all be singing at different times. Unless we're trying to sing in a round.

I do sit in the city end and am deaf in my right ear, so I am using that as an excuse!

Hmm, if it is delayed by half a second there may be a part of the JH stand, perhaps the city end, where the sound matches up with the sound from the north stand. Reminiscent of an old thistle supporting physics teacher I had who took us to the playground and asked one boy to go the the other end of the playground and smack a test tube stand off the railing, which we saw then heard half a second later.

• 3 weeks later...