• Falkirk
    • Dunfermline
    • Raith Rovers
    • Queen Of The South
    • Stirling
    • Morton
    • Cowdenbeath
    • Ross County

I remember reading on Pieandbovril a couple of seasons ago, that St Johnstone fans organised a big day out on their forum. They decided to choose a run of the mill away league game that everyone would make the effort to go to. People brought along mates, lapsed fans and people who wouldn't normally go to away games. They chose to go to Dunfermline and managed to take 2500 fans when normally they would be lucky to take 800.

I was thinking that we could give it a try as our away crowds arn't half as good as they used to be for a number of reasons.

So if you think this could work, please vote for the away game of your choice and we could hopefully come to a decision in a couple of weeks time, just before the start of the season.

I remember reading on Pieandbovril a couple of seasons ago, that St Johnstone fans organised a big day out on their forum. They decided to choose a run of the mill away league game that everyone would make the effort to go to. People brought along mates, lapsed fans and people who wouldn't normally go to away games. They chose to go to Dunfermline and managed to take 2500 fans when normally they would be lucky to take 800.

I was thinking that we could give it a try as our away crowds arn't half as good as they used to be for a number of reasons.

So if you think this could work, please vote for the away game of your choice and we could hopefully come to a decision in a couple of weeks time, just before the start of the season.

How about Firhill for you? :)

Guest Argus

Stirling

But would rather have a Big Day at Firhill and get everyone to go there instead so we get the cash.

YES!

Why are we giving cash to our rivals?

I remember reading on Pieandbovril a couple of seasons ago, that St Johnstone fans organised a big day out on their forum. They decided to choose a run of the mill away league game that everyone would make the effort to go to.

Was it not the case they chose Dunfermline as they would go top of the league if they won there?

But would rather have a Big Day at Firhill and get everyone to go there instead so we get the cash.

As Tom S says, maybe another thread :unsure: Certainly the highest priority is getting bums on seats at Firhill.

But if not Stirling I'd suggest Q o S for the very reason that their fans make an effort to come to Firhill in relative numbers. Conversely I'd be appalled if a Big Day was designated for Dens Park given the proportionally poor crowds Dundee bring to Firhill.

Was it not the case they chose Dunfermline as they would go top of the league if they won there?

Oh well it's Stirling or Cowdenbeath then, so as we can avoid..... :o

It's a good idea Tom. Like others have said we can have one for a home game aswell. If it we were to have one for the home game, for me it would make perfect sense for the first game vs Dundee. First home game of the season and we can get right behind the team.

Back to the original point, I'd definetly go for Stirling. Not far from Glasgow, it would be a more attractive proposition for lapsed fans etc, due to its close proximity. Although it may not have the same appeal as other away days (Palmerston and Dingwall) I think it would be our best bet in taking along a healthy support.

Plus it would give us a great chance of getting into the terraces behind the goal. :thumbsup2:

Back to the original point, I'd definetly go for Stirling. Not far from Glasgow, it would be a more attractive proposition for lapsed fans etc, due to its close proximity. Although it may not have the same appeal as other away days (Palmerston and Dingwall) I think it would be our best bet in taking along a healthy support.

Take that and apply it to Falkirk which has better transport links and numerous pubs. The walk to the stadium from the town centre isn't as far as people think, either.

Take that and apply it to Falkirk which has better transport links and numerous pubs. The walk to the stadium from the town centre isn't as far as people think, either.

Fair point but I'd rather it was Forthbank, although its location is quite frustrating. If we did take a healthy support through it would create a better atmosphere in the ground, with hopefully two sides of the ground allocated to us. Even in the stand your right on top of the pitch.

Fair point but I'd rather it was Forthbank, although its location is quite frustrating. If we did take a healthy support through it would create a better atmosphere in the ground, with hopefully two sides of the ground allocated to us. Even in the stand your right on top of the pitch.

Not really, it's 15 minutes walk from the train station if you go by the road through the old TA barracks, which you weren't able to until a couple of years ago. Maybe even less now you can cross over the new bridge at the train station.

I always find Stirling a good day out- express train about 12.30, jump a taxi to cricket club next to ground, cheap booze and free soup, go to game, walk back into town, few beers, express train back about 8ish. Job done.

Not really, it's 15 minutes walk from the train station if you go by the road through the old TA barracks, which you weren't able to until a couple of years ago. Maybe even less now you can cross over the new bridge at the train station.

I always find Stirling a good day out- express train about 12.30, jump a taxi to cricket club next to ground, cheap booze and free soup, go to game, walk back into town, few beers, express train back about 8ish. Job done.

I’m still convinced this cricket club is all one big elaborate hoax, We always drink in the pubs in town, I have to fight to avoid the dreadful ‘Sportsters’ pubs every time we go to Stirling or Perth. But after one of our games up there, might have been the cup win, I dragged everyone on a merry dance to find this cricket club only for it to be closed. We then fought our way through marshy fields and over fences only to find ourselves on a dual carriageway. Took us ages to get back to the town centre.

It has been a few years since the last time I was through there. Didn't know about the new bridge either.

Although I voted for Stirling, Dumfries would be equally as good, longer drinking time on the train.