Stick Brockville Where The Sun Don`t Shine.

Auld Yin

Major rant coming, sorry in advance.....

With the state of Scottish football you would think that every club in the country would try and encourage people to go along to their games, but somehow NOT Falkirk FC,

first off, £4 charge to park your car (home fans get free parking)

second, £12 for kids under 16 and £12 for oap`s (2 kids and 2 oap`s with me today)

third, food was piss poor, stadiums a sh*t hole, Falkirk are the worst/boring team we have played,even Airdrie last week had a go and it took over 30min to get out the fecking car park, that i didn`t want to park in in the 1st place (aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhh)

So to say i`m p*ssed off is an understatement and though i hate to miss a game, i will not pay good money to go that ground again !!!!

Thistle should start charging every away supporter that is under 16 and oap when we play the teams that take the p*ss and charge our supporters.

Rant over.

I have always said that if clubs charge us for our kids to get into grounds the same should happen at Firhill. Not sure of the legalities but why the hell should Falkirks u/16s get into Firhill for nothing while they can charge our kids to get into their ground. Bloody infuriating!

BTW....what were you doing at Brockville...lol

Edited by Lindau

only my second time at the new ground, last time we were in the tent and it had one stand.

nice spacious kiosks, but the ground is so plastic and lacks soul, character or atmosphere, and its badly situated. crap.

used to like the old brockville, falkirk seem to have become a lot more plastic after spending a few years in the new ground and in the spl.

It was £8 for u16s today and there's free parking at the college which is a 5 minute walk away.

It looks like you've been bumped for £4 per child.

Falkirk charge £8 for kids in the home sections and £12 for kids in the away section. Also they don't even advertise this on their site. I went with 2 kids, so checked the site. It says £9 for main, £8 for family section and south stand. I stupidly assumed that we were in the South Stand and hence £8 but no the away fans are in the north stand and it was £12. Never going back

It seems that Falkirk are in the same class as Liverpool when it comes to fraudulently obtaining money from away fans. Years ago, I took my brother and our then two 13 year old sons to watch Wimbledon at Anfield. The price for adults was £25 and on the ticket it clearly stated "Under 15s half price". The dodgy guy at the turnstile took £50 off both of us; when I pointed out the half price thing for under 15s printed on the matchday ticket, he told me "that doesn't count today". When I asked to see somebody in charge, he started getting very aggressive and asked if I was "loooching for trouble", then he got a very dodgy looking 'steward' to come and back him up, and we were threatened with getting thrown out there and then unless we kept quiet and went inside.

The game had just kicked off and we had been kept waiting nearly an hour at the one single turnstile they had opened for away fans before they bothered to open it. It was over the festive period and it was perishing, but before letting anybody in, the stewards spent a while challenging Dons fans to see if they were 'real' fans and not scallies that had 'gone into town earlier to buy Wimbledon colours' so they could get into the game.

Those Liverpool 'stewards' have to be, by a country mile, the most vile excuses for humans I've ever encountered at the football in nearly 50 years of going to games. For reasons which I've obviously forgotten, I didn't get round to reporting them and taking the matter up with the authorities.

Sorry about the diversion and rant, but I've been dying to get that off my chest for years.

It seems that Falkirk are in the same class as Liverpool when it comes to fraudulently obtaining money from away fans. Years ago, I took my brother and our then two 13 year old sons to watch Wimbledon at Anfield. The price for adults was £25 and on the ticket it clearly stated "Under 15s half price". The dodgy guy at the turnstile took £50 off both of us; when I pointed out the half price thing for under 15s printed on the matchday ticket, he told me "that doesn't count today". When I asked to see somebody in charge, he started getting very aggressive and asked if I was "loooching for trouble", then he got a very dodgy looking 'steward' to come and back him up, and we were threatened with getting thrown out there and then unless we kept quiet and went inside.

The game had just kicked off and we had been kept waiting nearly an hour at the one single turnstile they had opened for away fans before they bothered to open it. It was over the festive period and it was perishing, but before letting anybody in, the stewards spent a while challenging Dons fans to see if they were 'real' fans and not scallies that had 'gone into town earlier to buy Wimbledon colours' so they could get into the game.

Those Liverpool 'stewards' have to be, by a country mile, the most vile excuses for humans I've ever encountered at the football in nearly 50 years of going to games. For reasons which I've obviously forgotten, I didn't get round to reporting them and taking the matter up with the authorities.

Sorry about the diversion and rant, but I've been dying to get that off my chest for years.

Morton fans say the same about us now.

Surely surely not?

Apparently a couple of seasons ago when we were out of coins for change at the turnstyles we told them they had to pay £20 to get in. From what I hear they were told that fans with exact change should come to the front so that there was change available for others. Some of them are still bitter about it now.

Apparently a couple of seasons ago when we were out of coins for change at the turnstyles we told them they had to pay £20 to get in. From what I hear they were told that fans with exact change should come to the front so that there was change available for others. Some of them are still bitter about it now.

That sounds sounds sensible to me.

I think I remember that. But did it not turn out to be an exaggeration of some sort? I do remember there was some controversy over what was being said and what actually happened from the club's point of view. :thinking:

I think I remember that. But did it not turn out to be an exaggeration of some sort? I do remember there was some controversy over what was being said and what actually happened from the club's point of view. :thinking:

That's true, but what I was getting at is that Morton fans still believe the club were trying to do them out of their cash and the greetin' faced Morton fans might make such a big deal about it that it could hurt away crowds at Firhill in the future (though I think an impact would be minimal tbh).