Greaves

little_miss_jag

Disagree LMJ. The deal has been great for the Club and has meant they've not been left with excess stock as has been the case in the past. The Club have done very well out of this deal.

Their lack of effort for the last few seasons is what gets me. Their selection of casual items and the fact they are still selling stock from 3 seasons ago sort of sums up my feelings on them.

If you are a female jags fan this has been your only option for about 4 seasons.

http://www.greavessp...tick-tee-p38785

I did once order this online and got an email about 2 weeks later saying it wasn't actually in stock.

I have no idea where the club will now sell stuff or what will now happen. But happy the Greaves thing is ending!

Edited by little_miss_jag

Having a seven-day-a-week city-centre location for buying was/is a fine thing.

Perhaps a deal could be struck with Lumley's or the Sportsman's Emporium. Oh, wait.......

It was a fine thing when Greaves seemed to care about the deal. Have they sold anything new other than the new strips in the last year or two?

For all the guaranteed money from a deal like this is probably better for the club being abe to budget for the season I'm glad it's ending. It leaves little room for the club to make extra cash by doing any sort of deals of their own ad leaves the club getting flak for issues they can't control a lot like outsourcing the catering/hospitality/Aitken Suite etc.

Hopefully the deal is ended soon rather than at the end of the season allowing the club the opportunity to try and cash in a bit on reaching our first final in years.

It's a shame, the deal was good and there was always good thistle items available. As a result of our partnership with them (the partnership also included puma) we've had some fantastic shirts and good leisure wear too, better than we have ever had.

Yes there was less available as the deal went on, but with the amount of good designs available early on in the deal, I think Greaves probably realised our small core support had been milked for as much as they could get for a couple of years.]

As for the moan about merchandise aimed specifically at women, before the Greaves partnership was there ever any ladies' leisure wear available?

Always supported the Greaves deal and it gives us city centre impact and ability to use their online system. You have to balance up the supply and demand. How many people want Ladies leisure wear for example? How many will buy the strips? We are a small fish in terms of dealing with manufacturers so we need to be practical in our thinking. I hope our relationship with Greaves continues.

Its been good and bad...

what started off great, with a dedicated section instore... great City Centre PR for launches... and a great online shop... aswell as a topper of a home top, soon started falling away to what can only be described as absolute shoit.

whilst the leisure wear was vast... it was all pretty poor by design, the majority of which wouldnt look out of place on an Aidrie player.

Its a difficult one for the club, hand over complete control as with the Greaves deal, for a standard return...

Or go down the St Mirren route of part control, where by JD Sports stock the strips and training wear in EVERY store... but leave the pens n mugs n stuff to the club itself to sell via the stadium shop meaning you need to dedicate time and money to make this a success.

Be wary of the second option... St Mirren, a club of similar size, but greater income are failing miserably at having any sort of stock to sell via their stadium shop. and JD seem to struggle to actually ever stock all sizes of top/shorts/socks (especially kids) at any one time.

As for the moan about merchandise aimed specifically at women, before the Greaves partnership was there ever any ladies' leisure wear available?

There was a few things from what I can remember - even just ladies versions of the mens things, still better than that bloody pink T shirt.

I think I always disliked Greaves after the whole using a bull for publicity thing infact not shopped in there since now I think of it!

There was a few things from what I can remember - even just ladies versions of the mens things, still better than that bloody pink T shirt.

I think I always disliked Greaves after the whole using a bull for publicity thing infact not shopped in there since now I think of it!

Using a bull?

what was that, i dont recall.

Having a seven-day-a-week city-centre location for buying was/is a fine thing.

Perhaps a deal could be struck with Lumley's or the Sportsman's Emporium. Oh, wait.......

Remind me where the Sportsman's Emporium was again? I was thinking the wee lane between Union Street and Mitchell Street, but that was Crowley's.

Very sad news , gave us a real presence in the city centre . Thought most of the puma merchandise was great with a great range which clubs a lot bigger than us would have been proud of . As someone who grew up with very poor strip manufacturers spall , matchwinner , arrow etc we finally had decent stuff . Hope we don't go backwards now though I feel it is inevitable .

We should be grateful to Greaves for trying. Getting our "brand" into the city centre and our kit launches in the papers has been great. It's not so long ago one could not buy a replica strip and although the club had done very well in resurrecting club merchandising Greaves have done us the favour for four years.

Give exclusivity to the wee sports shop on Maryhill road, opposite Munns. Perhaps they would gain a bigger benefit to income than a company competeing for business in the city.

If Chris Jack is right, I am not surprised by this news. Apart from the home, last season's away strip and the centenary strips, most of the strips was okay or poor.

Greaves is stuck with a lot of old stock, e.g. old home strips, the awful pink camo strip and training gear. The 2009/10 "Airdrie" training gear is available nearly all sizes - as is the later 2010-11 range. Our colours are red and yellow - not red, white and black nor back and white.

Much of the leisure gear was naff too, e.g. the pink chevron polo - http://www.greavessp...rt.polo-p40060. With better designs and colour schemes, the club could sell a lot more merchandise.

Edited by kni