Firhill Bar Service Today

Jagali

your missing the point big time !!

Not at all. The bar arrangements weren't perfect but it wasn't a shambles. If you arrived in the Aitken suite after two for such a big game when we get chucked out at 2.30 then you should expect to to wait a time to get served. Having someone extra behind the bar would obviously have helped to reduce the queue waiting time, but, IMHO not by enough to get too bothered about.

Jeez, almost forgot I saw the most exciting Partick Thistle team for decades beat their nearest rivals 5-1 yesterday.

On the subject of service. The ''service'' at the pie stall closest to the pars fans was a joke yesterday. There was three of them serving....with three seperate ques of punters....but chose only to serve two ques untill it was pointed out to them.

Oh aye that reminds me the one nearest the city end was a bit of a farce as well..there was only 5 people in the queue and 3 behind the stall meant to be serving i stood there for about 5 minutes just me and this other guy..they were oblivious to me standing there and after they had checked their phones about 3 times I got served...just a small moan.....but then realised there was a stall open in the old shop on my way back....doh!

I would agree with GPT - bottles and cans in fridges and buckets of ice so chilled for all. Turnover very quick and allows people to have a beer or 2. It's not like a normal pub where people want to settle down for a few drinks of quality ale. GPT - "One Thistle" guys are the people delivering, maybe you can have a word with them. I bet 30 mins of your time would bring dividends which would last a long time for the bar.

For me there are many problems with the Aitken Suite.

The quality of the beer is poor, and as someone who worked at Wellpark for sometime I can only emphasise what GPT says. If you are only opening once a fortnight then having beer on tap does more harm then good. That is unless you clean the lines before every game, which just isn't cost effective. Bottles and cans are the way forward

Secondly, it just isn't a homely atmosphere at all. For me it would be greatly improved if you had a Social Club type set up, with comfy upholstered seats and tables round the sides of the room. This would require some investment from the club, but if they implemented all the other changes then it could pay for itself and more.

Lastly, the 2.30 last orders issue. Surely this could be changed to 2.45, really don't understand the problem here.

For me there are many problems with the Aitken Suite.

The quality of the beer is poor, and as someone who worked at Wellpark for sometime I can only emphasise what GPT says. If you are only opening once a fortnight then having beer on tap does more harm then good. That is unless you clean the lines before every game, which just isn't cost effective. Bottles and cans are the way forward

Secondly, it just isn't a homely atmosphere at all. For me it would be greatly improved if you had a Social Club type set up, with comfy upholstered seats and tables round the sides of the room. This would require some investment from the club, but if they implemented all the other changes then it could pay for itself and more.

Lastly, the 2.30 last orders issue. Surely this could be changed to 2.45, really don't understand the problem here.

Explained that a bit better than i did mate :thumbsup2: ...to sum up the place has no soul and sh it beer!!

The pie and a bottle of beer option seemed to go down well last season. A more social club feel would be good and could lead to it be open for things like quiz nights. Queens Park seem to run a good club even though it is housed in a block of porta-kabins. Also sells West St Mungos at reasonable £2·60 a pint.

• 3 weeks later...

The pie and a bottle of beer option seemed to go down well last season. A more social club feel would be good and could lead to it be open for things like quiz nights. Queens Park seem to run a good club even though it is housed in a block of porta-kabins. Also sells West St Mungos at reasonable £2·60 a pint.

I paid £4 a pint in The Landsdowne 2 weekends ago! (Still, keeps the riff raff out).

The setup Queen's Park have in their social club is what all clubs with a bar should be aiming to replicate. They even manage to get the small things right like having Sky Sports, pool table etc.

Edited by Pie Of The Month
  • Like 1

The setup Queen's Park have in their social club is what all clubs with a bar should be aiming to replicate. They even manage to get the small things right like having Sky Sports, pool table etc.

I kind of suspect that the "amateurs" of Queen's Park have all kinds of support behind them that we could never dream of having, including the kinds that allow them to have such a thriving social club.