Where Will We Finish?

jdwishbone

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go for 4th.

Despite all our moaning about finances and squads, as many people have said before, just about everyone is in the same boat. I'm sure even the bigot boys have the same complaints as us - Do we have the right manager?, The board is pish, X isn't good enough to wear the jersey.

The first two games will be the barometer as we face our bogey teams from last season in Dundee and Raith. A total of three points from the two games would convince me we'll be okay.

Anyway, I can't wait to see us in action again - I'm off to Dumbarton tomorrow.

C'mon the new season!!

Get off to a flyer. Win the first 5 games. Draw the sixth thanks to a hard-luck-dodgy penalty in the last minute. Lose the following 5 home games and collect 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws away. After that we'll be crap!

Mystic Hamiltonjag also does lottery predictions if anyone's interested.

Get off to a flyer. Win the first 5 games. Draw the sixth thanks to a hard-luck-dodgy penalty in the last minute. Lose the following 5 home games and collect 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws away. After that we'll be crap!

Mystic Hamiltonjag also does lottery predictions if anyone's interested.

What does the Octopus say?

I'll go for 4th.

Despite all our moaning about finances and squads, as many people have said before, just about everyone is in the same boat.

And to take that analogy further that's why just about everyone is sinking.

Got a feeling Pars, Ross Co & Dundee will be in the promotion hunt and there'll be a fair sized gap open up between them and half the league with Cowden & Stirling adrift at bottom. I don't think there'll be much between that group of five, so we will be anything between 4th and 8th.

As long as we're well clear of the bottom two I'd rather we end in 8th place playing with a younger team than a distant 4th regularly playing our three player coaches and other over 30s.

And to take that analogy further that's why just about everyone is sinking.

Got a feeling Pars, Ross Co & Dundee will be in the promotion hunt and there'll be a fair sized gap open up between them and half the league with Cowden & Stirling adrift at bottom. I don't think there'll be much between that group of five, so we will be anything between 4th and 8th.

As long as we're well clear of the bottom two I'd rather we end in 8th place playing with a younger team than a distant 4th regularly playing our three player coaches and other over 30s.

I agree. Falkirk, County, Dundee and Dunfermline have stronger squads. We will be competing with Queens, Raith and Morton in the middle.

My main concern is up front where we are relying on four players who have rarely troubled opposing keepers in 2010. I hope that Doolan and Grehan will come good but my gut feeling is that they will struggle.

I am also concerned that we have not got a reliable first choice left-back nor pace in midfield.

Dundee have hardly got any players according to today's paper. Falkrik and Dunfermline seem the best on paper but bare in mind that every game between Raith/Dunfermline/Cowdenbeath/Falkirk/Stirling is essentially a derby in their eyes, anything can happen in them to use the old cliche.

Therefore we will slip under the radar and win the league. 3 or 4 of the youngsters to turn out to be world beaters, fire us to promotion and a Scottish Cup win. Fact. (putting 'Fact' at the end makes it true right :thinking: ).

I'd be content with a mid-table finish aslong it's a building block in terms of the youngsters getting regular first team football this season.

Can see Falkirk Dunfermline Dundee maybe County making up the top 4, Stirling and Cowden bottom two, we'll finish anywhere in between that, which I'd take but it has to be with an eye on the on the following season in terms of bringing through the youth.

If we sign a couple more players, we migt be in with a chance of finishing 8th.

I'll probably go to Annan, QoS and Cowdenbeath away but I cant drum up a solitary bit of enthusiasm for the season ahead.

I am not forecasting a relegation scrap at this stage. However, our form in 2010 has been woeful and will not have Tuffey to save us some key points. Hopefully, the youngsters, Kinniburgh and even Boyle will come through. Buchanan must regain his scoring ability. The aging squad could bring injury problems and suspensions will cost us dearly.

I am not forecasting a relegation scrap at this stage. However, our form in 2010 has been woeful and will not have Tuffey to save us some key points. Hopefully, the youngsters, Kinniburgh and even Boyle will come through. Buchanan must regain his scoring ability. The aging squad could bring injury problems and suspensions will cost us dearly.

We're replacing tuffey with a guy who was struggling to get a game with Forfar last season. We have an ageing defence, a left back the manager doesn't want, bombscare Kinniburgh is back and few options up front if Liam gets injured again. Not to mention no one to replace Corcoran which leaves us with one left midfielder who has zero composure and cant put in a decent cross.

We should be thankful to Danny Lennon for taking all of Cowdenbeath's players to St Mirren. I'm at least confident we wont finish bottom.

We're replacing tuffey with a guy who was struggling to get a game with Forfar last season. We have an ageing defence, a left back the manager doesn't want, bombscare Kinniburgh is back and few options up front if Liam gets injured again. Not to mention no one to replace Corcoran which leaves us with one left midfielder who has zero composure and cant put in a decent cross.

We should be thankful to Danny Lennon for taking all of Cowdenbeath's players to St Mirren. I'm at least confident we wont finish bottom.

I was trying to be optimistic but my assessment of the squad is identical to yours.

Edited by kni

8th, 9th or 10th. Probably 9th assuming Cowdenbeath run out of steam by the new year. Utterly woeful season here we come! I'll go one further. 7 wins. 10 draws. 19 defeats. 31 points. 9th place. Relegated via playoff semi final defeat.

Even Peter the octopus wouldn't come up with that!