Curry Advice

_mm_

Maybe worth noting too that the former Mecca of currydom, Gibson St., is now devoid of all things curry. When I was up the road a couple of months ago, I took Mrs Jags there for a marvel at the selection of Indian restaurants only to discover that, apart from an Iranian place, there's nothing left from the old days. :thumbdown:

Just as a btw, and not wanting to put our man off, but my last couple of visits to the Wee Curry Shop at Jinty's has been quite average. Just my opinion.

I always think The Ashoka in Ashton Lane has a good atmosphere and the food is decent too. Went to The Wee Curry Shop in Byres Road a few weeks ago and that was good although you do feel a tad cramped. All my mates rave about Balbirs and when I was reading "The Herald" in the food review it seems this is the top rated place with Mother India (where I've never been) a close second.

Balbirs in Church St , India Quay , Mother India and Mr Singhs. Cant go wrong with any of those 4 plus a helluva lot of others as well that I dont frequent as TBH most Indian restaurants in Glasgow offer a more than decent level of food

The food in the Banana Leaf on Old Dumbarton Road is superb - very authentic South Indian, but it is not the smartest of places decor wise

Had my lunch there today. Excellent, but not the place to go for a night out, it would be like going to McDs or Jaconellis.

I will be back at the Banana Leaf though.

I think the Ashoka has gone downhill in recent years. There are so many places nearby that are much better. I like Balbirs but dont think it is as amazing as people make out. If its got to be the West End then my choice would be Mother India or the Shish Mahal.

Been meaning to try the Banana Leaf but not got round to it yet. Heard great things about it too.

The wee curry shop , bottom of byres rd, also mother indias cafe on dumbarton rd opposite art galleries also an ashoka across the road from the goat, new place on byres rd called curry leaf , hope thats a help.

That's your two winners right there _mm_.

My mates brother is manager of these two. Top, top scran.

The Shish Mahal does the best curry in Glasgow. Fact. :thumbsup2:

I've taken mates from all over the UK there, and they have all been amazed by the food.

I'll be there in Oct, getting exited already!

Its my birthday treat every year! But hopefully getting to go in 3 weeks or so :)