The Thistle Bar (Next To Royalty)

kearny_jag

How is this place? Does it get much of a crowd pre/post game? Also wondered if it or the Royalty show all live games?

Last week I went to the Rock Bar and thought this was a really good pre match bar as it has both the SPL and Premiership games live on a big screen and the other on a large LCD TV

The Royalty is a Sevco 5088 pub now. We went there a few times early season but it was horrible.

Sorted that for you CJ. Totally concur. Was in The Royalty a while back on a match day. Went to the bog to be met by a typical, smashed oot his skull, bald headed, knuckledragging Sevco tossa who immediately introduced himself..."Awe right mate, my names Bond......Flute Bond" Cue quick shake, zip up and sup up and off to the Woody. Real pity as it used to be a top jags ale house!

Edited by Lindau

How is this place? Does it get much of a crowd pre/post game? Also wondered if it or the Royalty show all live games?

Last week I went to the Rock Bar and thought this was a really good pre match bar as it has both the SPL and Premiership games live on a big screen and the other on a large LCD TV

The Rock on Hyndland Road? Not exactly handy for the ground is it?

Who remembers when the Thistle was known as the Claredon Bar despite being on the corner of the ClareNdon Street?

If you're down that way why not visit the Castle? (Answers on a very big postcard, please.)

Castle Vaults is where we drank before we started going to the Star... But Jesus, that wee place was honking, handy for fag shops, cash machine and underground, mind you!

What's Crosslands like for a pre-match pint? Just about to move to a flat on Oban Drive so this will be my new local...

We used to drink in there years ago before the games and it was alright until the management changed and the sign went from no old firm colours to no football colours, we told him to bolt and haven't been back since. Not sure what the deal is now with Thistle colours. There was also a amatuer football team based out there who would always be in early after their games and would offer round their free pehs.

Castle Vaults is where we drank before we started going to the Star... But Jesus, that wee place was honking, handy for fag shops, cash machine and underground, mind you!

I only went in once many moons ago purely to tick off all the boozers on Maryhill Road, it smells absolutely disgusting. Drank up sharp and moved on.

Edited by uberteeb

• 2 weeks later...