Dumbarton Tonight

Coljag

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Paton came on he played right back

Dreadful stuff, powder puff, timid, shy, lightweight and can't play forward, we should turn the team around coz we're sh*t hot at going backwards.

Joking aside, two great strikes fom Scumbarton, especially the second

Edited by Hot Shot

I wonder if the board and/or McCall will get the finger out and get in a full-back or two. Seems Boyle got ripped a new one off a feckin Dumbarton player and Paton hasn't kicked his own arse in far too long.

The thing about the Gerry Collins' pre-season was we never had seen many of these guys in competitive games and didn't know what to expect, where as we know what we're getting with a lot of this squad, and it isn't a lot.

Edited by MWM

Guest Argus

Gerry Collin's pre seasons friendly were all won in great style.

We were the '3rd force'.

Look how that turned out.

We would do well to keep it in perspective.

Result does not matter. Remember a few years ago with Escales and One on board we looked unbeatable, cue a crap season.

Since I first became aware of the phenomenon of the "pre-season friendly" I have noted a generally inverse relationship between pre- and competitive seasons.

ie. every defeat now is a bonus!

PS. If any statistics gurus are out there I'd be thrilled to know what the correlation coefficients between pre-season and post season performance is...

The trialist is Iain Flannigan from Kilmarnock, 22 year old centre/right midfield, ideally played in the whole. Will instantly become one of the best technical players at the club, and his set-pieces will be a real asset to us, watch out for this guy, he is a bit special and never got the chance he deserved under "hammer throwers only" Jim Jefferies.

The trialist is Iain Flannigan from Kilmarnock, 22 year old centre/right midfield, ideally played in the whole. Will instantly become one of the best technical players at the club, and his set-pieces will be a real asset to us, watch out for this guy, he is a bit special and never got the chance he deserved under "hammer throwers only" Jim Jefferies.

But we havent signed him :thinking:

I heard we cant afford to sign anyone else apart from Halliwell unfortunately and while we would be better off with him in goals than Hinchcliffe we are still far too lightweight

sack the board NOW utter disgrace to get beaten by a diddy mob like dumbarton McCall's times up his 4th season and we've gone no where

McCall

BOD

Boyle/paul payton should all be gone from firhill tommorow

My Shortlist names

John Lambie

Kevin Keegan

Jamie redknapp

Chris coleman

tony mowbray (not good enough for celtic cause they need to win every game but we want spl/good football and he could do that)

George Graham

Paul Jewell

Chic Charnley with bertie auld as mentor

Donald park ( ex player and best youth coach in the country)

all could do better than McCall

Like hitting corners straight over the bar?

Seriously,he didn't do much but he did look like he could be a tricky wee player.

Trust me, he was the best set-piece taker at Killie, and will instantly become the best set-piece taker at Thistle, McCall was telling him to take the set-pieces on Saturday.

Not the quickest player, but extremely skillful and can beat a player very easily, that combined with his delivery, could provide us with a fair few goals next season.

sack the board NOW utter disgrace to get beaten by a diddy mob like dumbarton McCall's times up his 4th season and we've gone no where

McCall

BOD

Boyle/paul payton should all be gone from firhill tommorow

My Shortlist names

John Lambie

Kevin Keegan

Jamie redknapp

Chris coleman

tony mowbray (not good enough for celtic cause they need to win every game but we want spl/good football and he could do that)

George Graham

Paul Jewell

Chic Charnley with bertie auld as mentor

Donald park ( ex player and best youth coach in the country)

all could do better than McCall

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

SACK EVERYONE!!!

I thought we actually looked not too bad tonight and created more than enough chances to win the game...

Only negatives for me were Boyle, McGeough and Kinniburgh whilst Flannigan, McBeth, Donnelly and Buchanan all looked pretty dangerous