Dumbarton Game All Ticket

Sam Leitch Loyal

It's the last game of the season that I'm worried about.

Anybody know if you can get a full view of the pitch from the rock/castle?

Yes you can but whether the powers-that-be would let you is another matter.

There is also the waste ground facing on the other side from the stand (no, not the town centre) which is often used as a viewing platform. Might be stewarded or policed on this occasion, though.

As I said on a thread elsewhere, you can make sure of a seat at the last game of the season by booking hospitality now at £49 per head. Or, if you're the barmaid in the Woody, you can flicker your eyelashes at me.

I know I seen that a while ago but It's christmas and I don't have a spare £49. Hoping that season ticket holders are given priority instead.

Edited by little_miss_jag

There is also the waste ground facing on the other side from the stand (no, not the town centre) which is often used as a viewing platform. Might be stewarded or policed on this occasion, though.

If the game is all ticket, and every ticket has sold, I don't see any harm in some "extras" viewing from somewhere outside the ground. Obviously not to be encouraged and I don't know why anyone would travel only to view from outside but hey ho. Shouldn't be policed or stewarded as long as it is not literally on site.

Must look out the old abseiling gear.

Think we could get a gigantic Thistle flag flying from the ramparts?

Edited by Jaggernaut

It keeps playing on my mind that if the league goes to the last game of the season and I canny get a ticket then I'll miss us winning the league because of the garden shed capacity. I doubt I'm alone in this.

Is there any precident in moving games, by mutual consent, to a larger venue?

Surely Dumbarton would be happy with a bumper pay-day and chances are their season will be over.

Doubt Dunfermline would be happy with that.

Am I right in thinking the amount of season ticket holders we have alone exceeds the away allocation there!?

Well it depends.

The "official" away allocation is 500, however in all realism, given Dumbarton will be relegated long before it, it could even be extended to up to around 1,500.

Most 3rd division teams have been getting temp stands for you know who..

So clearly it must be financially beneficial so no reason why this wouldn't be done :happy2:

edit: made an arse of a spelling and would like to add that i think glasgow warriors have had it done for a sevens tournemant

Edited by shut up mimsy

I don't think Dumbarton would turn down the opportunity to get a crowd of 3000-4000 (which, if the title is decided on the last day, is quite likely), so I expect they'll either put up a temp stand or play the game elsewhere. I doubt there's anything stopping them from playing at Cappielow, for example, as Morton are away on the last day.

Say we're in the SPL next year and there is a chance Celtic could win the league at Firhill, would those here suggesting the Dumbarton game be moved to Cappielow or similar support playing the game at Ibrox or Hampden?

If we were to get all the money, and our season was over, then no I wouldn't mind. 50,000 fans with average ticket 15 quid would make 750,000 minus say 20% for stadium would leave us £600,000. Would you turn that down?

Likewise, say we move the game, we could get 7000 fans instead of the two thousand at dumbarton. The extra 5000 fans brings in £75,000 for Dumbarton and 7000 isnt too high an estimate.

Edited by read'n'yell

Say we're in the SPL next year and there is a chance Celtic could win the league at Firhill, would those here suggesting the Dumbarton game be moved to Cappielow or similar support playing the game at Ibrox or Hampden?

Frankly, I'd prefer exactly that, rather than seeing thousands of pox-ridden zombies celebrating at Firhill.

Edited by Jaggernaut

I wouldn't have any objections actually. Providing we were to keep the full gate and we had nothing to play for ourselves.