Paton To Easter Road

Vom Itorium

In what way is this 'doing the rounds'? Had a brief look for myself, but could only find one match for Paton/Hibs and it was a St. Johnstone fan saying Hibs had bought Paton. However, it was followed by #fm, which clearly means he was talking about THEIR Paton joining Hibs on his Football Manager game. Have you confused yourself seeing the tweet "Hibs has just bought Paton for 70k! #FM" and thinking it was in fact OUR Paton and real life? :unknw:

Is Paton signed until the end of the season or 2014?

Seems to enjoy being here and I reckon he is sensible enough to realise he only became a really good player this season when he moved into midfield, he'll get better offers from England when he gets the chance to run our midfield in the SPL next season.

He's contracted until the end of the season. Here's a list of who's played in the first team for us and how long they're contracted until. Regardless of what division we're in next season, I'd like us to start/continue negotiations with a lot of these players. O'Donnell, Fox, Paton, Erskine, Doolan, Craig, even Archie for another year. Maybe Forbes. Players like Black, Campbell, Halsman and to a lesser extent Scully I'm not sure about as I've not seen enough, but Jackie will know by now whether they're able to make the step-up. Final season for Rowser and Elliott.

Alan Archibald (35) - May 2013

Jonathon Black (??) - May 2013

Jamie Campbell (20) - May 2013

Steven Craig (31) - May 2013

Kris Doolan (26) - May 2013

Christie Elliott (21) - May 2013

Chris Erskine (25) - May 2013

Ross Forbes (23) - May 2013

Scott Fox (25) - May 2013

Bradley Halsman (19) - May 2013

Stephen O'Donnell (20) - May 2013

Paul Paton (25) - May 2013

David Rowson (36) - May 2013

Ryan Scully (20) - May 2013

Conrad Balatoni (21) - May 2014

Stuart Bannigan (20) - May 2014

James Craigen (21) - May 2014

Steven Lawless (21) - May 2014

Caolan McAleer (19) - May 2014

Mark McGuigan (24) - May 2014

Aaron Muirhead (22) - May 2014

Hugh Murray (34) - May 2014

Aaron Sinclair (21) - May 2014

Sean Welsh (22) - May 2014

Conrad Balatoni (21) - May 2014

Stuart Bannigan (20) - May 2014

James Craigen (21) - May 2014

Steven Lawless (21) - May 2014

Caolan McAleer (19) - May 2014

Mark McGuigan (24) - May 2014

Aaron Muirhead (22) - May 2014

Hugh Murray (34) - May 2014

Aaron Sinclair (21) - May 2014

Sean Welsh (22) - May 2014

Almost a decent 11 there .. would only take a few additions to make a decent squad. At least no panic like in previous year about having to build a squad from scratch. I'd expect offers to the likes of Fox, Erskine, Doolan and O'Donnel to be made soon.

Almost a decent 11 there .. would only take a few additions to make a decent squad. At least no panic like in previous year about having to build a squad from scratch. I'd expect offers to the likes of Fox, Erskine, Doolan and O'Donnel to be made soon.

We've had 80% of the squad signed up before the summer every year for the past two or three!

Really? McGuigan, Craigen and McAleer have played very little first-team football. Do you think that they could play in the SPL?

Of those out of contract in May, I would keep O'Donnell, Paton, Erskine and Doolan/Craig. I am not sure whether Archie could play in the SPL at 36. The rest are playing for their Firhill futures.

McNamara should be planning (and budgeting) for both SPL and SFL football next season. Under both scenarios, he has the opportunity to rebuild the squad. I forecast major changes in May and June.

Really? McGuigan, Craigen and McAleer have played very little first-team football. Do you think that they could play in the SPL?

Of those out of contract in May, I would keep O'Donnell, Paton, Erskine and Doolan/Craig. I am not sure whether Archie could play in the SPL at 36. The rest are playing for their Firhill futures.

McNamara should be planning (and budgeting) for both SPL and SFL football next season. Under both scenarios, he has the opportunity to rebuild the squad. I forecast major changes in May and June.

I feel we'll keep Archie as cover. He's a youth coach now and I'm sure he would be happy to continue doing that and he'd be available as emergency cover.

Isn't he part-time?

I think so, but some of our full-time players could have got more money at part-time clubs. I don't think it will be much more than the next player. Also appearance money is about £50 per match so he won't be losing out by going to Stenny I reckon :D

Surprisingly Rowson is the highest paid player at Firhill. I appreciate he is out on loan at the moment.

Who told you this?

I'm just trying to work out how that's possible when one fan was told our highest earner is on 25k a year. Which I find acceptable.

Are you telling us rowson is part time, and earning 25k a year.

Who told you this?

I'm just trying to work out how that's possible when one fan was told our highest earner is on 25k a year. Which I find acceptable.

Are you telling us rowson is part time, and earning 25k a year.

I'm not revealing my source and I wasn't given a figure. He is the senior player in the squad and his status was more to fit in with his new career I thought. £450-£500 a week would meet the £25k ballpark.

However it was confirmed that some of our young lads are on £250 a week with £50 appearance money. Not a lot and some could have got a lot more by going part-time and working a day job.

Edited by jagfox