Credit Where Credits Due

stuart_adam

David Beattie and the board deserve plaudits for tying down McNamara and Sid on improved terms a few weeks ago, as it has most certainly entitled us to more compensation, and also showed the board were keen to hold on to them.

Good luck to Jackie and Sid at Utd, may there tenure there be as short as there tenure here!

They are most certainly destined for the top!

Good luck to the board finding a replacement but im sure the cash will help!

Seems more likely that this has been on the cards for longer than anyone is letting on as we have no idea what the "improved compensation" actually is.

Houston's immediate departure was only in the papers this morning, even even then they were still pointing at Evlis, so I don't imagine it's been on the cards to too long.

As for the compensation, I sadly suspect it went from being "none" to being "a wee bit".

As the OP said, I hope Jackie's successful at United, and I also hope we thump them next season!

I would be gutted if we weren't looking for something in £100k department! Elvis got that team relegated and they have not done much since.

Highly unlikely I'd think. And I thought that even before I heard the rumour DU had knocked back Pressley because Falkirk wanted £100,000 to let him go. (Seems an unlikely rumour mind you).

Edited by Mr Bunny

David Beattie and the board deserve plaudits for tying down McNamara and Sid on improved terms a few weeks ago, as it has most certainly entitled us to more compensation, and also showed the board were keen to hold on to them.

Good luck to Jackie and Sid at Utd, may there tenure there be as short as there tenure here!

They are most certainly destined for the top!

Good luck to the board finding a replacement but im sure the cash will help!

Really??? what about the cash we lose when we don't go up yet again....the have fckd up good and proper here...all the work that One Thistle have put in...all the positives have been blown out the water...and as for Jackie what a 2 faced wee runt...praise the fans week after week..here to finish job blah blah..hope he falls flat on his face.

I could have accepted this at the end of the season but not now...bitter??? fcuk aye!!!

I just hope McNamara spares our team - at least till summer. Be a kick in the teeth to take a couple players now.

Unfortunately the last of his concerns or Dundee United would be how Thistle fans are now feeling, expect several to be off to Tannadice in the summer, mybe not now because the window is about to close

There are some salty tears being shed on this forum. I would've done the same in his position.

I'd like to know how much compensation we got for him though.

It certainly should have been as much as Falkirk wanted for Pressley if not more.

Beattie, get Hartley from Alloa before Saturday.

What a f**k-up thing that Scottish professional football is. Even, EVEN, on the cusp of great success the manager walks away. We all know that there is very little loyalty in football but this is bad.

Just another four months, that’s all, and our club could have achieved something we’ve all craved for years. I really hope we still do.

MacNamara is very wealthy young man, he could have had a nice enhancement to his CV at the end of the season when plenty clubs would be eying him up.

But no he couldn’t wait to dump us.

Sorry MacNamara, no am not, but you don’t get my good wishes.

• Like 1

What a f**k-up thing that Scottish professional football is. Even, EVEN, on the cusp of great success the manager walks away. We all know that there is very little loyalty in football but this is bad.

Just another four months, that’s all, and our club could have achieved something we’ve all craved for years. I really hope we still do.

MacNamara is very wealthy young man, he could have had a nice enhancement to his CV at the end of the season when plenty clubs would be eying him up.

got to agree with the above,whats done is now done thoughi fancy wee colin cameron as his replacement. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Heard about 2 weeks ago about this ,seemingly Darren Jackson was the catalyst, think Jackie is on a hiding to nothing if Johnny Russell ,Daley or Mackay Stevens leave, if he fails where does he go from there ? Though he was undoubtedly a huge influence on the young players ( diet , rest etc) will the more experienced pros at United be so receptive ? He gave us 1 good half season hardly legendary status , he let himself down 1st offer ( I'm off) shows a great example to our young players, can't wish him good luck he doesn't deserve it . Archie and Shug for me will galvanise the club , they'll be the real legends when they land a league and cup double.NO MAN BIGGER THAN PTFC

Houston's immediate departure was only in the papers this morning, even even then they were still pointing at Evlis, so I don't imagine it's been on the cards to too long.

As for the compensation, I sadly suspect it went from being "none" to being "a wee bit".

You believe everything you read in the newspapers?

As for your second point, in terms of what it would have been worth to the club, and if he left in the summer as to what more he could have commanded over a 3 year contract (had we won the league or come hellish close), it is only "a wee bit" in comparison to what it would have been worth financially to the club and him personally. Bad move by both parties, with short-termanism only in mind, and no thought of the potential and worse long term damage it could do to both parties prospects in next couple of years.

Bang on post.