Who's Out Of Contract In The Summer (Signing For Dundee United)

The Legend Blows

So everyone knows...

Alan Archibald (35) - May 2013

Jonathon Black (??) - May 2013

Jamie Campbell (20) - May 2013

Steven Craig (31) - May 2013

Kris Doolan (26) - May 2013

Christie Elliott (21) - May 2013

Chris Erskine (25) - May 2013

Ross Forbes (23) - May 2013

Scott Fox (25) - May 2013

Bradley Halsman (19) - May 2013

Stephen O'Donnell (20) - May 2013

Paul Paton (25) - May 2013

David Rowson (36) - May 2013

Ryan Scully (20) - May 2013

Conrad Balatoni (21) - May 2014

Stuart Bannigan (20) - May 2014

James Craigen (21) - May 2014

Steven Lawless (21) - May 2014

Caolan McAleer (19) - May 2014

Mark McGuigan (24) - May 2014

Aaron Muirhead (22) - May 2014

Hugh Murray (34) - May 2014

Aaron Sinclair (21) - May 2014

Sean Welsh (22) - May 2014

Steven Craig (31) - May 2013

Kris Doolan (26) - May 2013

Chris Erskine (25) - May 2013

Ross Forbes (23) - May 2013

Scott Fox (25) - May 2013

Stephen O'Donnell (20) - May 2013

Paul Paton (25) - May 2013

Urgently need these guys to sign on for next season.

I think Jackie may well come for O'Donnell and Muirhead.

Jackie will have presented a list of targets to the United board. O'Donnell is probably one of the names. Erskine and Paton could be on it too. He would have to pay a decent fee for Muirhead who is under contract for next season. The same applies for Bannigan and Sinclair.

Urgently need these guys to sign on for next season.

Without promotion everyone of them leaves.

The club has a real chance to push on this year. We have some fantastic young players with their best years ahead of them, we had a great young manager.

I'm afraid if we don't go up we're going to implode again and rot in this league.

If the club don't reveal what we were compensated, thats a sign to me its peanuts which they don't want to admit and we have no ambition. Not impressed by Jackie either, we gave him his break in management and stood by him after a shocker of an injury and he sticks the knife in us at an utterly crucial time, for in my opinion, a job which is hardly top drawer and something down the line he could better.

Edited by MWM

Jackie will have presented a list of targets to the United board. O'Donnell is probably one of the names. Erskine and Paton could be on it too. He would have to pay a decent fee for Muirhead who is under contract for next season. The same applies for Bannigan and Sinclair.

Clubs would have to pay a fee for O'Donnell too as he's under 23. It's a development compensation fee and for Stephen it sits at around £80k. I'm reliably informed that he favours a move to England anyway, is extremely grateful to Thistle for giving him first team football and is in no rush to leave. I'm hopeful he'll sign a new contract.

Clubs would have to pay a fee for O'Donnell too as he's under 23. It's a development compensation fee and for Stephen it sits at around £80k. I'm reliably informed that he favours a move to England anyway, is extremely grateful to Thistle for giving him first team football and is in no rush to leave. I'm hopeful he'll sign a new contract.

A good team with good young players is always going to struggle to hold onto them think in terms of Van Persie with Arsenal unable to keep him just to put thing in pers[ective

Not impressed by Jackie either, we gave him his break in management and stood by him after a shocker of an injury and he sticks the knife in us at an utterly crucial time, for in my opinion, a job which is hardly top drawer and something down the line he could better.

Cant say I am impressed either. Astonished that he left while we are in a cup final and in with a great chance of the league, but lets face facts here, he has probably at least doubled his salary (and who on here would knock that back??) and given the players they have, he has probably joined the 2nd best team in the SPHell. Sadly this happening is a sad fact of life being a jags fan. The minute we get a half decent player,team or manager you just know it isnt gonna last long. It does wrankle that it was only a few weeks back, when he was happy to sign his new contract, that he stated how much he loved life at Firhill and how the club took a massive risk in giving him and Sid the gig in the first place. Surely another 4 months to get the job done wouldnt have been out of place!!

The point is the job came up now. "Sadly this happening is a sad fact of life being a jags fan". As things stand for us these days we can only expect a good player or manager to stay with us a few years at most, often a lot less. No one would have complained much if Jackie had left at the end of the season, it just happened a post came up sooner than anyone would have expected.

My worry now is that we must appoint someone who will have the same ideas about developing youth and style of football.

The point is the job came up now. "Sadly this happening is a sad fact of life being a jags fan". As things stand for us these days we can only expect a good player or manager to stay with us a few years at most, often a lot less. No one would have complained much if Jackie had left at the end of the season, it just happened a post came up sooner than anyone would have expected.

My worry now is that we must appoint someone who will have the same ideas about developing youth and style of football.

I take it that Lambie isn't in the running then.

"Crystal Palace are lining up a £2m raid for Dundee United pair Johnny Russell an Gary Mackay-Steven. (Sun) " bbc

Whoops Jackie.

That's exactly why United wanted McNamara. They are cuting back and will be selling players. They want someone who has shown he can bring on young players. I've no doubt that was discussed in his interview.

That's exactly why United wanted McNamara. They are cuting back and will be selling players. They want someone who has shown he can bring on young players. I've no doubt that was discussed in his interview.

For a meagre fraction of that money he could swiftly deprive us of all of our best players, taking them to Tannadice.