Half A Job Jackie

TartanC4

i wouldn't say dundee utd are a much bigger club than us. they get like 4000 fans. we'd be the same in that division

United website 6th August 2012 - " ... reached 4750 season ticket sales target today ..."

Bigger crowds, but not by a large, large margin in my opinion. As previously noted their last home game had less then 5200 at it, on a par with our largest crowd of this season.

I think what rankles most about this is the timing. The club and mostly us the fans were/are potentially on to something great, success we haven’t had for years. Jeezo we are all desperate for some success.

MacNamara is a young wealthy guy so he ain’t moving for the cash. Obviously it’s ambition. An ambition that he could easily fulfil, particularly with a league title and a cup win on his CV, due to the merry-go-round nature of football managers. But no he couldn’t give the club some deserved loyalty and see us through to the end of the season.

Some say he couldn’t risk possible failure by not getting success this season and had to go now. Well that’s rich considering self-belief is what good managers should have in abundance.

If we finish this season with zilch I’ll lay the blame firmly on MacNamara. And it’ll take me a long time to get over it.

Got to agree....heres hoping we can do it though....I'd say due to circumstances this game on Saturday is our biggest of the season

McNamara was tapped up 2 weeks ago by Darren Jackson and the catalyst for the deal,who incidentally became first team coach at Dundee Utd today, no wonder fans feel bitter, we bought into the sound bytes ( 3 year plan etc , unfortunately we all believed this bullshit, we've now got Thistle men at the helm who we can trust, as Maxi said we've changed the driver we're back on the road. Believe !

i wouldn't say dundee utd are a much bigger club than us. they get like 4000 fans. we'd be the same in that division

their average gate this season is like 7,500.

other indicators over, say past 30/40 years, such as their domestic and european record and a well established youth system that has generated a fair amount in transfer fee income makes them significantly bigger than us.

what a load of detritus, pure horrible football. we went n got played off the park by a team in turmoil. jackie mcnamara is turning into another derek whyte. we need to sack him now and let someone who knows why they are doin take the reins. bring in jim duffy.

because he's a judas scumbag. i can't wait to the dundee h*ns go down this yr then i hope united go down next yr. our board were very good to him, gave him the funds to build a his own team and have always backed him and this is how he thanks us. i hope he fails miserably. judas swine

If only he showed the kind of loyalty you do! Or does a 12 month gap excuse your hipocrisy?

• Like 2

I'm disappointed that McNamara has left but not dissapointed with him. You can't expect a someone that has had as much success as he has as a player to be satisfied with a p*shy Ramsdens Cup Final and possible SFL1 title and in football you have to take your opportunities when they arrive because they might never come again. At the end of the day he's left us in a significantly better position than we were in when he took over as manager and we should be grateful to him and Donnelly for this. That people are on here namecalling is no surprise, if Man Utd had came in and asked him to take over from Sir Alec there'd still be idiots on here acusing him of disloyalty and calling him a c*nt. He signed a new deal recently that ensured the club got compensation when he left, he didn't need to do this and could probably have negotiated a better deal for himself when he left if he hadn't so it's hardly fair to make out as if he's been entirely self centred and couldn't care less about the club.

Edited by scottymagoo

their average gate this season is like 7,500.

other indicators over, say past 30/40 years, such as their domestic and european record and a well established youth system that has generated a fair amount in transfer fee income makes them significantly bigger than us.

Oh stop it you, what with your facts and logic. It'll never catch on.

I'm disappointed that McNamara has left but not dissapointed with him. You can't expect a someone that has had as much success as he has as a player to be satisfied with a p*shy Ramsdens Cup Final and possible SFL1 title and in football you have to take your opportunities when they arrive because they might never come again. At the end of the day he's left us in a significantly better position than we were in when he took over as manager and we should be grateful to him and Donnelly for this. That people are on here namecalling is no surprise, if Man Utd had came in and asked him to take over from Sir Alec there'd still be idiots on here acusing him of disloyalty and calling him a c*nt. He signed a new deal recently that ensured the club got compensation when he left, he didn't need to do this and could probably have negotiated a better deal for himself when he left if he hadn't so it's hardly fair to make out as if he's been entirely self centred and couldn't care less about the club.

A 2 faced snidey wee c unt you mean :happy2:

• Like 1

As a fan one is often left with the feeling of helplessness. Jackie's gone and there's nowt I can do to erase the fact, or reverse the action.

I remain confident in those Jackie left behind. I can't wait to see them win the league and lift the cup. I still beleive.

Come 3pm this saturday, if anyone asks me my thoughts on this matter my answer will be along the lines of " Jackie who? F**k off, I'm watchin the big match.".

However, until such time, and unless I am in a position to help The Jags cause in a more positive manner, I reserve the right to express, when the issue is being discussed before me, my opinion that Mr McNamara is a 5 star C**T.

:fan:

• Like 1

Take it you won't be going to the Ramsden Final as according to you its p*shy.If a club like Man utd had come in I doubt anyone would have minded.But to sell us out for a crap outfit like Dundee utd is taking the p*ss.Thank god tomorrow is 1st Feb & will no longer have to look at the toad on the Jags calendar. Edited by Jago1953

:doh:

Take it you won't be going to the Ramsden Final as according to you its p*shy.If a club like Man utd had come in I doubt anyone would have minded.But to sell us out for a crap outfit like Dundee utd is taking the p*ss.Thank god tomorrow is 1st Feb & will no longer have to look at the toad on the Jags calendar.

I'll be going for a nice day out and to support Thistle but let's not pretend it's a big trophy. It's a trophy sponsored by the shop muggers and burglars go to to try and swap the things they steal for money, for all the teams that aren't good enough to get into the SPL and the fans of teams in the SPL pish themselves at it. Face facts, Dundee Utd are a bigger team than Thistle and if they're a crap outfit then it doesn't say much for us who have been trying and failing miserably to get into the league that they play in for the past decade. The only exception being this year thanks to the man you're now all having a go at. Look on the bright side, we've been left in a position to challenge for promotion, still have all the same players, have saved a wage and will get some compensation.

Doesn't matter what they have earned in their previous lives. That's immaterial. Who decides when you've earned enough to live on in your job? Your wife? Your mother? Your acoountant?

They didn't sign their lives away when they signed up to be manager and assistant of the Jags.

They've done a great job for us, but unfortunately, Houston is a c*** choosing to go when he did. That's our bad luck.

Get over it and be thankful for the most adventurous Jags football since Davie McParland was in charge.

Many Thanks Jackie and Sid for giving the thrills back to Firhill.

Good luck to you both in the future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21067119#asset Did he fall or was he pushed? C**T? Not by any measure I would reccommend.

Fair enough but every other year has been poor or worse and it doesn't really make a difference to what I was saying.

Aye it does, mate. You're painting a picture that we are no hopers and should be thankful to jackie for giving us a chance.

I agree, Jackie improved many things at firhill beyond recognition. However, it remains to be seen, if now he's abandoned us it counts for sh*t.

My counter point is, we are contenders in this division. Arguably, a bigger fish in the 1st division pond than United in the SPL. We have had many seasons where we have under-perfomed, but Jackie isn't the first to unlock some of the potential of our great club, and he certainly won't be the last.

Jackie took the reigns and, in so as far as he took it, led us too great things. But he didn't do it alone. He did it at a good club of many good people and support.

He should be grateful to Thistle for the opportunity. Should Thistle really be grateful to him for abruptly leaving us halfway through the season, to a direct competitor only one rung up the ladder, the real task, of getting us that one rung up that ladder incomplete, and taking fellow staff with him?

Nah, mate. I'm sorely disapointed in him.

• Like 1

Really interested in how folk know JM has doubled his wages? I'm continually amazed at just how much of footballs' finances are available to the average punter.

Well Houston was widely reported to be on £190,000 and refused to sign new terms of £120,000. McNamara had improved terms that were probably shy of £50,000. So it appears he has doubled his wage. Simples!

I see our top earner got freed as well :P

• Like 1

Really interested in how folk know JM has doubled his wages? I'm continually amazed at just how much of footballs' finances are available to the average punter.

I'm sure with the money JM and SID have made over the years, wages were only a small part of it. No matter how some here would prefer to see it, Dundee United are a bigger club and a bigger platform for him to advance his career. He wasn't guaranteed SPL football with us he is with them - they've been an SPL side for a long time and that's unlikely to change any time soon (especially as they're looking to reconstruct in a way that'll make it harder to be relegated from the SPL.

Don't know too much about the financial side of things, but in respect of character, personality, history, culture, pride, charisma, stoicism, perseverance and enigma we are a much bigger club than Dundee United.

Some things can't be measured in monetary terms. We are Thistle.

F**kin' better colours as the very least.

Not going to labour the point as a new chapter begins today but one last thought on the previous incumbent:

Interviewed for DU job with Steven Pressley (Falkirk fans can't wait to see back off) & Billy Dodds (never been a manager in his own right, doing a bit of part time coaching with QOTS strikers & hardly gives in depth analysis when on radio- sometimes makes Derek Ferguson sound like Mourinho!!)

Does that say we, the fans, have maybe rated the guy higher than what he really was? Nice football yes but shocking away record as no plan B.

When Thompson describes the job decision as being on a 'razor's edge' with all the candidates & with Pressley seemingly all but being offered the job over last weekend then I'm thinking maybe.

Interested to speak to a club employee, who without saying anything negative against previous incumbent, felt that Archie & Shaggy would make it harder for teams to beat us away from home.

Let's hope that starts with 3 points today.

Edited to add- 8 games without a clean sheet before today is a worrying stat.

Edited by Trotter