Archie And Scott Paterson

stuart_adam

From this article, I also get the feeling that Archie doesn't see himself as a manager: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/sfl/archie-looks-to-present-as-he-fights-for-jags-future-114380n.20063819 I really wanted to hear him say things about having a good squad, still believing, picking up the team, stuff that I believe good managers do naturally - they look forward with belief. But Archie is far more reflective of the problems, still bitter and struggling to move on. He also seems flustered by the whole thing. I realise it's too early to judge, so it will be interesting to see how he matures into the role in the coming weeks.

It sounds like he doesn't want it for even the Cowdenbeath game never mind permanently.

What were the odds on MacPherson again?

Would never leave his safe job in the media unless he was sure he could do a good job.

Even if he makes a cow's erse of whichever job he gets he'll be welcomed back to talk pish on the radio ... just like, oh, good old Murdo McLeod! Who is worse than Chic Young in my opinion, and doubly so because of the awful job he did for us.

It sounds like he doesn't want it for even the Cowdenbeath game never mind permanently.

I read it as he isn't ready to retire as a player. He'll find playing and managing the team difficult. He'll do it as long as he's wanted.If you accept McNamara leaving this week came as a real surprise to Archie then I don't find the wording too contradictory.

From this article, I also get the feeling that Archie doesn't see himself as a manager:

http://www.eveningti...14380n.20063819

I really wanted to hear him say things about having a good squad, still believing, picking up the team, stuff that I believe good managers do naturally - they look forward with belief. But Archie is far more reflective of the problems, still bitter and struggling to move on. He also seems flustered by the whole thing. I realise it's too early to judge, so it will be interesting to see how he matures into the role in the coming weeks.

With Hugh Murray a crucial member of the Jags squad and David Rowson leaving the club by mutual consent on Wednesday night, Archibald is the obvious candidate to step into the managerial breach.

That doesn't even make sense, whats the reference to Hugh Murray got to do with Rowser leaving or Archie being the obvious choice?

Shug is too crucial to the squad to take up management duties, but Archie wasn't, therefore stepped up???

With Hugh Murray a crucial member of the Jags squad and David Rowson leaving the club by mutual consent on Wednesday night, Archibald is the obvious candidate to step into the managerial breach.

That doesn't even make sense, whats the reference to Hugh Murray got to do with Rowser leaving or Archie being the obvious choice?

Shug is too crucial to the squad to take up management duties, but Archie wasn't, therefore stepped up???

Chris Jack wrote it, don't try to make too much sense of it.

• Like 1

110% behind Archie & Shaggy tomorrow. Intend to sing till I have no voice left tomorrow.

A cautionary note, if the BoD were stupid enough (and I dont think that they are) to appoint someone like Gus McPherson, I doubt I'd ever get over it. Dont fancy Billy Dodds much either. There must be a reason no one has went near him before now.

I think we should be looking to tap up Allan Moore at Morton and Allan Johnston at QoS if only to unsettle them since we have very important games against theircurrent teams coming up. Plus the fact we're comfortably a bigger team than both.

Reading the article it is obvious Archie is still in shock at the speed in which McNamara left, they were good friends and the timing has not given Archie time to think about the future. He rightly says he cannot play, coach and manage so he needs time to decide if he is ready to stop playing. Perhaps a better idea would be Shaggy as manager and Archie player/ coach.

Reading the article it is obvious Archie is still in shock at the speed in which McNamara left, they were good friends and the timing has not given Archie time to think about the future. He rightly says he cannot play, coach and manage so he needs time to decide if he is ready to stop playing. Perhaps a better idea would be Shaggy as manager and Archie player/ coach.

This,

• Like 2

From this article, I also get the feeling that Archie doesn't see himself as a manager:

http://www.eveningti...14380n.20063819

Sorry to take issue but isn't this just Archie showing the qualities that make him a good captain and ideal management potential. He's just shown that he can provide a non-committal diplomatic answer and fair play to him. IMO the story is the usual football filler; no more...

• Like 1