Ramsdens Cup Tickets

little_miss_jag

You have to hand it to the SFL - they chose a venue which exactly matched the number of people that want to go.

You have to hand it to the SFL - they chose a venue which has a capacity of 10,122 - which they thought would be big enough considering the biggest attendance at a final was 13,763 back in 93/94 and no attendance has exceeded 10,000 since then.

• Like 1

It was a bit naive considering qots have an average home attendence of around 1500 and us 3000. That is 4500 already and just average! It is not unrealistic to get 3 times as many fans for such an important match (even if it is the small cup). Although, judging by it, it does appear almost everyone has got a ticket. Should be a great atmosphere in a good stadium.

You have to hand it to the SFL - they chose a venue which has a capacity of 10,122 - which they thought would be big enough considering the biggest attendance at a final was 13,763 back in 93/94 and no attendance has exceeded 10,000 since then.

Considering Thistle weren't in any of those finals I don't see the relevance of previous attendances.

Another 2 thoughts about the final. How many have been contested by 2 teams at the top of their divisions. Just because only 1 has ever been over 10,000, doesn't mean they all will. If Sevco had got to the final, would it still have been at Livingston ?

What a fantasy world that would be lol

Another 2 thoughts about the final. How many have been contested by 2 teams at the top of their divisions. Just because only 1 has ever been over 10,000, doesn't mean they all will. If Sevco had got to the final, would it still have been at Livingston ?

Nope!! a hampden sell out and we would have been quids in...useless H*n bassa's!!!

Teams with bigger attendances than Thistle have been in those finals. What makes Thistle so special when trying to predict how many tickets would be sold?

Our first final in over 40 years was always going to mobilize our support ('regulars' and latent).

I note three of the first four finals were held at Fir Park, so this daft stadium rule hasn't always been in place (they've also held finals at non-SFL grounds since).

Aside from the capacity, public transport to Livingston from Glasgow isn't great (a non starter for most QoS fans wherever the final was played due to the very limited train service to / from Dumfries on a Sunday) and there is a distinct lack of decent amenities i.e. pubs and cafes.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I note three of the first four finals were held at Fir Park, so this daft stadium rule hasn't always been in place (they've also held finals at non-SFL grounds since).

Up until 1998, every senior club was part of the SFL set up - so having the final at fir park meant that the money did stay in the SFL.

Honestly chas - you are developing an unhealty obsession with this issue. Just calm down and enjoy the football we are playing just now. It will improve your quality of life.

Up until 1998, every senior club was part of the SFL set up - so having the final at fir park meant that the money did stay in the SFL.

Honestly chas - you are developing an unhealty obsession with this issue. Just calm down and enjoy the football we are playing just now. It will improve your quality of life.

The general viewpoint of many (including CE) that the ground may have been too small have been vindicated.

Far better with a couple of thousand empty seats than a full house with a couple of hundred left outside.

• Like 2

For a cup final involving Thistle and QOS, even one fan who wants to attend and is unable to is too many. This is an absolute nonsense, there are plenty of grounds in Scotland, relatively close to Almondvale, capable of accomodating more supporters. I wasn't in a position to go anyway, but the thought of wanting to attend a Thistle cup fInal and being unable to due to a sell-out is a horrible one, and the guys who don't have tickets both deserve our sympathy and have every right to complain. What they don't need is snide comments from fellow Thistle fans, cearly with tickets.

• Like 2

Er, fair point, I got so carried away I forgot about that!

However, I'm pretty sure Livingston don't own Almondvale, so surely the money for the hire of the stadium won't stay within the SFL?

Anyway, I think Almondvale is the wrong venue for the final, but we are where we are.

Edited by Charlie Endell