Large Flags At The Final - Fire Proof?

potty trained

It would seem that, any flag which doesn't carry a certificate proving it to be fire retardant, will not be allowed in the ground at the cup final.

I believe this applies to larger flags, most commonly hung at the back of the stand or across seats etc.

Now certificate? Well apparently the makers of larger flags stitch a small panel on the reverse, advising it has been coated with a fire proofing spray.

Without this, or something similar, the flag will not be allowed into the ground.

I am so glad that this rule has been established: the flags that Thistle have been selling for the cup final DO NOT HAVE THE CERTIFICATE. I will safely dispose of this DEATH TRAP right now, using the appropriate safety-approved mechanisms. And to think, I was going to let my daughter take this potential death trap to the game...

I am so glad that this rule has been established: the flags that Thistle have been selling for the cup final DO NOT HAVE THE CERTIFICATE. I will safely dispose of this DEATH TRAP right now, using the appropriate safety-approved mechanisms. And to think, I was going to let my daughter take this potential death trap to the game...

That was rather unnecessary. He clearly stated large flags, obviously meaning the flags normally hung in the North Stand.

It would seem that, any flag which doesn't carry a certificate proving it to be fire retardant, will not be allowed in the ground at the cup final.

I believe this applies to larger flags, most commonly hung at the back of the stand or across seats etc.

Now certificate? Well apparently the makers of larger flags stitch a small panel on the reverse, advising it has been coated with a fire proofing spray.

Without this, or something similar, the flag will not be allowed into the ground.

This is a very very good point...i mean imagine the flag caught fire when someone was having a crafty snout underneath it...that is if someone thought of that :innocent2:

This should also apply to items of personal clothing, of course, to avoid fatalities through spontaneous combustion in the heat of the action.

Nowadays, I seem to spontaneously combust at some point during every Jags game I see. Do you think I should spray myself with fire retardant gloop immediately before the Ramsden's Cup final and stitch the requisite safety label onto my left earlobe? I'm only thinking of the people next to me that may be seared if I ignite.