New Manager!

Lindau

Rumors that Dundee are going to appoint John Brown as manager.

I couldn't go back to Firhill if the board did that to us.

From a Jags perspective, that would be an even better appointment than my earlier suggestion of Billy Dodds. Surely Dundee would not sack Smith to then bring in Brown? He was sacked by Clyde when they were bottom of the Second Division.

Can't see Brown getting it. No doubt a lot of tannadice wind up merchants kicking names about.

Surprised people are sticking up for Barry Smith. The guys an idiot and a bad manager. Had a huge budget in our division and got a great string of results as a back to the financial situation and fans support. It was the players that performed last season, not Smith - he was just fortunate to be sitting in the seat. As far as this season is concerned then Dundee have spent money and did have time enough to prepare and are now underachieving. Also playing awful football accompanied by bad results. Dundee left this too late to make a difference. Was hoping from a selfish view that they would keep Smith as I'm sure their next manager will do a better job. Hopefully won't need to play them next season though!

I see Blackpool Jag's favourite Thistle player has been sacked. Would be fun and just a tad ironic if a certain Mr Moore was to leave Clydeside for Tayside. Wishful thinking alas.

Just seen this and instantly got an attack of the heebiegeebies at the thought of Smith now being at large. It's no shock that Hundee are bottom as Smith is bound to have joined in the odd spot of training games and depressed the crap out the players by showing his stunning inability to kick a football. To have such a grossly incompetent 'player' in the vicinity can do serious damage to a team's collective psyche.

I personally was delighted with the job he was doing at Dens. They totally deserve(d) each other.

surely Jocky jetpack Scott is in the frame for the dens job. I think this job vacancy has helped the jags as it will take the focus off us for a few weeks and hopefully thin down the applicants for the firhill job by 1or hopefully 2 as the winning candidate may takes a willing but unable assistant...!

Dundee statement - "Having been inundated by high calibre candidates over the last few days, one man stood out as perfect for the position of Interim Manager of Dundee FC.

"John Brown is a man with real heritage and history at Dundee FC and when at Dens Park in his time as a player, he was an real inspiration, a fans favourite and scored some vital goals and he has never lost his feelings for the Club."

Enjoy the comedy gold on Pie and Bovril. The Dundee fans are less than impressed by the appointment of their "favourite" "Bomber".

Quote from "Ludo" - "Can you actually believe that we're holding a Q & A with the board today as well? It's meant to be absolute chaos, with over a third having walked out and violence being threatened. They've been unable to officially unveil him in front of the fans as well which is no surprise."

:happy3:

Edited by kni