How Are People Feeling?

Jaggernaut

Bring it on thats what i say. If we got promoted and didnt lose too many of our squad I think we could hold our own in the spl. Apart from C***** I dont think we are far away from most of the other teams in the league. Some good away days weve not been too for a while and the buzz when we beat a so called bigger team. As others have said - if we dont go up our team will be ripped apart and its back to square one. The spl might be sh*** but hey is it any worse than the first division? Onwards and upwards!!!

This.

An under-prepared Dundee team that finished 2nd in the 1st division managed by John Brown beat St Mirren, drew with St Johnstone and lost narrowly to Dundee United.

Thistle would do fine in the SPL.

• Like 1

I ,like many Jags supporters, am optomistic, but conditioned by previous experiences still wary of grandiose sentients. That said, I think we will win this league, to be completely honest, I don't really care about the Diddy Cup,although it'd be nice to actuallly win something. As far as life in the SPL is concerned, I'm under absolutely no illusions that we'd be anything but favourites for the drop next season, well c'est la vie. We'll face that hurdle when and if we come to it, Let's just enjoy the most exciting end of season I can recall and leave all the negativity and counterfactual speculating to those who support other teams in this city.

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 2

Most folk on this thread are talking about the SPL next season being the same as the last however many.

What has happened to the proposed reconstruction. If that happens for next season, the SPL is a completely different beast and clubs will need to prepare differently.

Most folk on this thread are talking about the SPL next season being the same as the last however many.

What has happened to the proposed reconstruction. If that happens for next season, the SPL is a completely different beast and clubs will need to prepare differently.

Could reconstruction be agreed and implemented in time for next season?

Edited by kni

Yes there are negatives about going up

1. More defeats

2. Tendency to less attractive football

But if we're in this league there is little point if we don't try to win it and be glad if we do. So lets look at the positives.

1. Some of the better players may not leave as we may be able to raise the wages

2. Bigger away crowds = better atmosphere

3. The board etc could really use the extra cash to shore up our finances

4. History shows that when we go up with decent management we stay up- Auld, Lambie x 2

So there is little to lose and a lot to gain. Let's enjoy whatever comes and be thankful for the entertainment of the current team.

If you really want to put things into perspective... Derek Johnstone, Tommy Bryce, Dick Paton, Gerry(couldn't coach a shi*e out of an ar*e) Collins, Murdo McLeod, and that guy whose name eludes me who was manager in the Colonel Gee era.

• Like 2

No matter what happens the rest of the season I have enjoyed perhaps the best Thistle team since '71 cant be beaten for entertainment and it has a flair about it which will live in the memory no matter what lies in store this season so I can only hope we win the the league (we have been and continue to be the best team in it ) and also add the Ramsdens Cup, no diddy cup for me , after all it was fought for among every SFL club, so winning it would also prove we were the best SFL club this season as well, so yes upwards and onwards and C'mon the Jags !!!!

Yes there are negatives about going up

1. More defeats

2. Tendency to less attractive football

But if we're in this league there is little point if we don't try to win it and be glad if we do. So lets look at the positives.

1. Some of the better players may not leave as we may be able to raise the wages

2. Bigger away crowds = better atmosphere

3. The board etc could really use the extra cash to shore up our finances

4. History shows that when we go up with decent management we stay up- Auld, Lambie x 2

So there is little to lose and a lot to gain. Let's enjoy whatever comes and be thankful for the entertainment of the current team.

If you really want to put things into perspective... Derek Johnstone, Tommy Bryce, Dick Paton, Gerry(couldn't coach a shi*e out of an ar*e) Collins, Murdo McLeod, and that guy whose name eludes me who was manager in the Colonel Gee era.

You mean Dick Campbell?/ Other names are Billy Lamont(Colonel Gee) and John McVeigh

You mean Dick Campbell?/ Other names are Billy Lamont(Colonel Gee) and John McVeigh

I've been trying hard to forget that tw*T and you've gone and reminded me!

Lamont and McVeigh FFS

Didn't Mcveigh come from Albion Rvs. F**k knows where Lamont came from. All I remember is the number of times teams like Meadowbank and Forfar would pump us at Firhill

Great to win the league - if we then stick to the style of play, the SPL will be good. If not then it will be dreadful, as it's utterly pointless as a competition. Watching teams like St Mirren, Dundee, and St Johnstone play 'percentage football' holds zero appeal if we simply do the same.

This team will be the best I've seen if they go up and stay up playing like they can. At present the Lambie 94 and Auld 78 teams are better for sheer competence and some great performances v the OF etc.