Away Fans -North Stand

jagielka

We need to keep the singers in the North Stand if we get promoted. They really do spurn the team on and have made Firhill an enjoyable place for the first time in years. It doesn't limit the number of away fans we can house. We have 1,200 seats set aside for away fans in the JH and the Main Stand has another 2,000 as overflow.

i agree with you, but do you think the board will. if celtic come calling will the board see cash signs in there eyes . theres bound to be the temptation as celtic will / can bring 10,000 plus, thats a lot of money. thats all i was asking.

i agree with you, but do you think the board will. if celtic come calling will the board see cash signs in there eyes . theres bound to be the temptation as celtic will / can bring 10,000 plus, thats a lot of money. thats all i was asking.

They've already said they will keep the North Stand for home fans should we be promoted.

the other thread the same poster started (ballgirl) also seems to be insinuiting something problematic with the current arrangement. Seems this poster has an axe to grind?

are you serious, the two things have NOTHING to do with each other, i was only asking if the board have given any promises about the north stand. if we are playing celtic, will the board only see pound signs and lick there lips at 10,000 plus away fans and all that money, thats all the thread is about., no axes, no ballgirls, just a wee question about the stand,

The entire ground, in its current sorry state, can only accommodate around 10,000 spectators.

If thats you in the foty , it looks like you fell in the canal a few times !!!!!!!!

its a polish miner, well known news clip/interview some years back, this guy was at the back, blind drunk and all over the place.lol. he's mates were all looking at him until he fell down, brill.

Celtic haven't filled the away end at any ground this season so can't see them taking 10,000 they barely have that for a home league game

The entire ground, in its current sorry state, can only accommodate around 10,000 spectators.

whats the story on the main stand,? will we ever see it up and running again, like the old days. its such a sad sight when you look over at it on a match day.

Celtic haven't filled the away end at any ground this season so can't see them taking 10,000 they barely have that for a home league game

lol. yes but we are a glasgow team, local derby match and all. plus maryhill has a very ,very large celtic support, so a wee walk up/down to firhill would see there away numbers swell big time.

its a polish miner, well known news clip/interview some years back, this guy was at the back, blind drunk and all over the place.lol. he's mates were all looking at him until he fell down, brill.

Thanks Jagie !!! Feel quite relieved now !!! Hahaha !! obviously was only pullin ur leg pal !! and had a look at the clip , yeah , classic !!!

whats the story on the main stand,? will we ever see it up and running again, like the old days. its such a sad sight when you look over at it on a match day.

Main Stand has a safety certificate as far as I'm aware. The Warriors used it now and again and it will get used the next time an away team brings over ~1500 fans.

lol. yes but we are a glasgow team, local derby match and all. plus maryhill has a very ,very large celtic support, so a wee walk up/down to firhill would see there away numbers swell big time.

Local, yes. Derby, not so much. I imagine we'd get more than a couple of thousand of them though, as it's been years since we've played competitively.

I've been told that in the past neither of the OF filled Firhill to the present capacity , typical of them , only go to their home games ( no sharing of the gate ) thats why the threat to boycott away matches made me laugh !! But I would expect some kind of ticket only arrangement just in case with season ticket holders not needing one of course !! And yes it is sad to see the old main stand empty every week .

I've been told that in the past neither of the OF filled Firhill to the present capacity , typical of them , only go to their home games ( no sharing of the gate ) thats why the threat to boycott away matches made me laugh !! But I would expect some kind of ticket only arrangement just in case with season ticket holders not needing one of course !! And yes it is sad to see the old main stand empty every week .

In our return to the Premier Division twenty or so years ago, the late Rangers FC attracted crowds of 19,000 a couple of times. Celtic games were slightly lower about 15-16,000. The lowest ugly sister attendance was about 10,000 against Celtic in the reign of Murder MacLeod. They were lower for our last spell in the top flight but capacity was cut by then and matches were all ticket and televised on occassion.

When we return to the top flight next season I think the Celtic game would be near a sell-out. A sunday 12:30 kick off could put a few folk off though :(

are you serious, the two things have NOTHING to do with each other, i was only asking if the board have given any promises about the north stand. if we are playing celtic, will the board only see pound signs and lick there lips at 10,000 plus away fans and all that money, thats all the thread is about., no axes, no ballgirls, just a wee question about the stand,

It's already been stated on here many times. We are keeping the north stand, it's a permanent move whichever division we play in. The police are happy with the arrangement and so are the club, so we will not be getting moved for anyone.

I've been wracking my brain for ages trying to remember what the first game was when that railing went up. I think it might've been a midweek Glasgow Cup game against the Tims, or it was against Airdrie on a Saturday; both around 1973ish. These are my two earliest memories of it.

In some ways, it resulted in greater tensions between ours and opposition fans because you felt safer giving them dog's abuse knowing they couldn't get you because of the railing. It just meant you were a wee bit more careful on the way out, though, as you would often bump into the big massive bstrt you were slaughtering during the game from the safety of the 'Jags side' of the railing. . . . So I'm led to believe. :hypocrite:

Ah got lifted fightin with the h*ns in77.No segregation at that time