5 Clean Sheets In A Row - When We Last Achieve That?

chunky jag

Lets take the red and yellow glasses off for a moment , the Cowdung game was a real let off , we were lousy from the whistle , and ok every team can have a bad night , but those tainted specs cant bely the fact we shouldve lost that game !! so please , while I have every hope and indeed confidence we will win the title lets not get carried away with dubious record making acheivements, even Archie has said we got out of jail that foggy tuesday evening !!!

You seem to swing between getting rid of Archie and giving him the job,

if McNamara was still in charge and we had these results people would be creaming their pants.

I knew someone would post that about cowdenbeath, fair doos, but if we conceded goals in the league that night, please show me where they are on our goals against column cos i cant see them!

I could barely see the second goal. I thought a Thistle player had put through his own net :lol:

A truly fantastic record. Credit to Archie, Shaggy, Scott MacKenzie, Hinchy and all the players for achieving this. You could argue that this run of clean sheets has come at one of the most important stages of the season and could be pivotal in us getting promoted.

Edited by northernsoul

I knew someone would post that about cowdenbeath, fair doos, but if we conceded goals in the league that night, please show me where they are on our goals against column cos i cant see them!

I'm being realistic !!! Ive conceded that Archie should be appointed but I'm still not convinced he will give us entertaining football !! Yesterdays game was by no means a great one , the result was but the performance wasnt up to standard, thats all i'm saying , and I go along to Firhill and other grounds to watch entertainment , otherwise , why bother like the paltry amount of Accies fans there yesterday, it proves my point , sit in football is only driving the fans away !!

My only concern over giving Archie the job is that he's not had a chance to show if he has the contacts or experience to bring in new players. This may be really important if we don't get promoted and do loose a load of players.

Edited by scotty

I'm being realistic !!! Ive conceded that Archie should be appointed but I'm still not convinced he will give us entertaining football !! Yesterdays game was by no means a great one , the result was but the performance wasnt up to standard, thats all i'm saying , and I go along to Firhill and other grounds to watch entertainment , otherwise , why bother like the paltry amount of Accies fans there yesterday, it proves my point , sit in football is only driving the fans away !!

Going with the pictures of the park (bog) entertaining football would have been almost impossible, as for Cowdebeath perhaps the weather conditions (frozen park) and lack of visibility were a leveler.

How you can say the performance wasn't up to standard, we scored twice, conceded none at a ground we havent got a result at for years, in conditions that would have been more suited to mud wrestling than silky football thats a workmanship performance at the business end of the season and thats what needed now

• Like 1

The thing is we weren't necessarily that exciting away from home under Jackie. I don't remember being thrilled with either performance or result at NDP (league and cup), Falkirk, Airdrie and Dumbarton for example. I also thought we played some good, pretty stuff second half, and that the performance, as well as the result was better yesterday than at any of these games.

Another factor is the state of the pitches (including ours) after a very wet winter is not conducive to the type of football we were playing (at home at least) early season when the pitches were fresh.

I enjoy the speculation around whether or not Archie will be a future great or whatever. BUT, what interests me far more is the here and now. I want to not only take my hat off to Alan Archibald and Scott Paterson for the utterly amazing job they're doing at Firhill, but I want to climb the Blackpool Tower bollock naked, with only a Jags scarf wrapped round my waist to preserve my dignity, and scream it from the top with a 200db megaphone.

As sort of said above, if we'd recruited Mourinho, assisted by Pep Guardiola, to take charge till the end of the season, the world and his da would be pleasuring themselves senseless at the great job they were doing at wee Thistle.

Archie & Shaggy - 100% total respect to you both. Monni Thistle.

• Like 1

Utter nonsense from you yet again.

How could any team play entertaining football on that pitch and in those conditions yesterday?

The players were tremendous, they gave 100% commitment and we won the match! What else do you want?

There does seem to be a steely robustness about this Archie-led team that perhaps wasn't there under McNamara. The trade-off is that the football on display isn't quite as luxuriant as it was earlier in the season, but that's not to say we aren't still a decent team to watch, as anyone who witnessed the recent wonderstrikes from Erskine and Lawless will surely testify.

Ultimately, though, points are what matter, and the team seems to be doing a fine job of putting them on the board at the moment. Lang may it last. :thumbsup:

As well as winning as many away games Archie's Army must be close to outscoring Jackie McWho on the road. 8 goals in 3'away games. Away games at Airdrie and Dumbarton were pretty poor under JMc.

Also pitches and conditions haven't been condusive to silky football. This team still have the silk just a bit more steel.