Deal For Dunfermline Fans

ian_mac

Even although if Dunfermline can't fulfill their fixture at Firhill it could cost us upwards of 45k ?

Yes, even though. It is not for us to bail out another club. I'm sure the SFL would have something to say about it too.

If Dunfermline did actually find themselves only 10 or 15k short of the amount they need to fulfill their fixtures then I would hope that bucket collections at all SFL1 matches would raise the required amount with ease. As fellow football supporters, none of us would let a club go to the wall for the sake of the coppers in our pockets.

• 1 month later...

Hope we make a donation to Dunfermline anyway. Don't think there were 500 there today, but those that did turn up were noisy, got right behind their team which added to the atmosphere and the team gave us a guard of honour.

Raiths offer and subsequent nil-donation must have left a bad taste. Hope Thistle can at least contribute something.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

The Dunfermline fans were absolutely excellent today.

Really got behind their team, and were a credit to their club at the end.

I hope they stay up.

511 apparently!

Charlie Endell, on 25 April 2013 - 01:15 PM, said: Dunfermline took 200 to Morton. If 500+ turn up at Firhill I'll eat Dick Campbell's bunnet!

Calling Dickie Campbell.....auld bunnet required for for Charlie Endell.

Edited by Lindau

It would be a decent gesture if Thistle handed over 1/2 the away end takings,I think.

Know this conversation been had before but...

Dunfermline weren't exactly keen for us to remain in the SPL all those years ago during vote gate IIRC.

Also, they've had years of living life at the top table making 10/20x what we'd earn in a season & still spending out with their means when that money could & should have been used to bring down their debt.

Instead, they sold the family silver to Masterton to continue dining out with the big boys.

The club made a gesture yesterday & that was far & away beyond even what they had to do but that should be it. Not a penny more, not a penny less.

Very few, if any, would've been so keen to see Sevco survive last Summer. Nor would many, if any, throw a couple of quid towards Dundee when they went into administration- again!! Gretna? Airdrie?

So why make an exception for Dunfermline?

I hope for their fans they do have a club next season but I don't think it's up to opposition fans or clubs to bail out clubs that ignored warnings & still continued to live beyond their means despite the current financial climate.

Sounds harsh but sorry, my opinion.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I really understand the negative comments towards our club on this subject, any money should be appreciated and the fact that the club outlined that the money went to pay wages is great news for any DAFC fan, I'm pleased they brought over 500 but considering they could make a difference by bringing big numbers, their support is clearly not as loyal as the 4750 (or whatever it was) who came to Firhill when we needed a big gate vs St. Mirren during the STJ days.

I'm sick of reading in the papers about how awful it for the fans of a club who have had to go into administration - we should all rally round, feel sorry for them, drop some coins into a bucket and so on. Let's get it clear - they've been cheating. They've cheated the fans of other clubs by seaking an unfair advantage in paying money they don't have for players they think are better than the players of other clubs. Buchanan and Boyle, anyone? Okay, you can argue about how good these two guys actually were, but remember when Liam Buchanan couldn't stop scoring for us? And so Dunfermline come along and pay him money they can't afford to make their team better than ours - whether that was the effect or not is neither here nor there. Teams who go into administration are not poor wee souls, they're cheating so-and-sos who have been found out!