Buchanan

1 John Lambie

I am really worried about Buchanan. He started his pre-season training early to make sure he was fit for the start. Yet comments on the Bristol Rovers "Just In" thread suggest that he is slow and/or unfit.

Lack of goals was the main cause of our slump from January onwards. We cannot rely on Donnelly, Grehan, Doolan or even Burns. Another striker, and proven goal scorer, is needed urgently. Grehan and Doolan may have potential but we cannot rely on it.

Edited by kni

Not a prolific goalscorer, TL, looks like he's gone 29 games since his last goal. Mind you it was probably a cracker.

That doesnt sound overly optimistic and does not suggest he would be the likely answer to our problems. Dont know what the stats are for Tom Brighton who was mentioned on the other thread either :thinking:

Holy sheet. He's a regular starter, and scorer, in Motherwell's first team these days.

Okay well Kevin Smith - Im aware he is on trial with a club in England right now but if it doesnt work out and he is a free agent then I think the club needs to seriously think about challening Raith Rovers for his signature. Scored something like 8 goals in 18 games for Raith, can score goals in the first divison.

If it was a choice between him or Mendes who we dont know if he can score goals in the first in fact if he hasnt scored in quite a while in the second then there is no contest about which one we should be pursuing

• Members

Some harsh comments on Liam I feel. There wasn't much service for the strikers last night and Grehan seemed to the target and focus for most of our attacks, however he was up against a big strong Centre Half that was leaning into him every time the ball was launched to him and didn't really win the ball in the air at all to feed Liam.

I'm happy to wait till a couple of meaningful games have passed before commenting on how fit Liam is.

Some harsh comments on Liam I feel. There wasn't much service for the strikers last night and Grehan seemed to the target and focus for most of our attacks, however he was up against a big strong Centre Half that was leaning into him every time the ball was launched to him and didn't really win the ball in the air at all to feed Liam.

I'm happy to wait till a couple of meaningful games have passed before commenting on how fit Liam is.

That level of common sense will never catch on 'round here.