Nomads Flag For The North Stand

topcat

Would each of those here who have pledged money for our flag please e-mail me your name to [email protected] (Hugh Cooper, Nomad secretary) if you have yet to do so.

Running total for cash collected : £110 DAY ONE

I know many Nomads and of course you "home boys" :happy2: don,t check out the Nomads forum too much but I have made a wee proposal to our guys to buy a Nomads Flag to put up in the North Stand.

I would like some help from anyone who has bought a Big Flag for the North Stand already on the best place to purchase one.

I am also putting this request on the main forum to flush out all you Nomads who like myself don,t regularly check out the Nomads page but might like to stick in a tenner or more!

So please get over to the Nomads page and make a pledge

Running Pledges so far : £540

WAT GermanJag £30 Topcat £20 Twinny £20 Shuggie £10 Ian_Mac £10 Belfastjag £20 East Lothian Jag £30 Jaggernaut £20 hvc1876 £10 stillresigned £10 Lambies lost doos £10 Jagster £10 AusJag £10 Waka £10 Cjptfc £10 Wiltshire Jag £10 Canman £10 NZ Nomad £20 jif £10 jifs missus £10 BermudaJag £10 Deco City Jag £10 Banderas(Jaggy Texan) £10 Bedford Jag £10

Facebook Nomads George Harris £10 Colin Dickie £50 Harry McKinnon £10 Brian McAuslan £10 David Simpson £10 Alan MacDonald £10 Stuart Goldie £10 Campbell Livingstone £10 Malc Brown £10 John Morgan £10 Mark Sumner £10 Dave McComish £10 Willie Gormley £10 Charlie Bowen £10 Ross Early £10 Graeme Lauchlan £20

Edited by topcat

I know many Nomads and of course you "home boys" :happy2: don,t check out the Nomads forum too much but I have made a wee proposal to our guys to buy a Nomads Flag to put up in the North Stand.

I would like some help from anyone who has bought a Big Flag for the North Stand already on the best place to purchase one.

I am also putting this request on the main forum to flush out all you Nomads who like myself don,t regularly check out the Nomads page but might like to stick in a fiver or tenner.

Possibly just like the "Firhill brick" your WAT.co.uk name could be included on the Flag.

So please get over to the Nomads page and make a pledge.

Excellent idea, though likely to add to the cost.

I am also putting this request on the main forum to flush out all you Nomads who like myself don,t regularly check out the Nomads page but might like to stick in a fiver or tenner.

Possibly just like the "Firhill brick" your WAT.co.uk name could be included on the Flag.

That would be cracking!

I use barmyflags to get the Amsterdam Jags flag for the North Stand. Good service and also fire approved. Writing was included although we did put the Amsterdam flag in the middle on ourselves

20' x 10' = £450.00 - so we're looking for enough pledges to get us into that sort of ballpark for an eyecatching flag

Cripes £450.00 might be hard to drum up. But lets see how the pledges go. Probably give it a week to how much interest there is before going to next stage.

Thanks to the other guys for the leads as well. Will check out both sites.

It looks excellent. My own preference would be for one broad red top half and a black bottom half, with yellow writing, but I'd be happy with this one!

It's just an idea - I thought I would use the Uganda flag and place a Thistle badge on top. If I have the time I can play about with the fill option in paint and edit it accordingly. Of course the Nomads badge could be used instead but it was quicker and easier to use the club crest.

20' x 10' = £450.00 - so we're looking for enough pledges to get us into that sort of ballpark for an eyecatching flag

OK Nomads - and friends

I have spoken with this supplier and learned that we need not be concerned with stitching costs - there are none.

I also learned that there is an 8% discount available to us. So that ought to reduce costs to £450 x 92% = £414, assuming a 20' x 10' flag is considered the one to go for.

So this route would require around 40+ of us to get involved. Anyone know of alternative suppliers - especially those who have already organised flags.

I would advocate we stick with the Nomad badge in the centre with perhaps a yellow centre band to act as background contrast bordered by broadish red stripes then thinner black stripes to the top and bottom?

I'll ping Twinny with the central jpeg so he can do a slicker job :-)

Thoughts?

Lastly, we ought to decide among ourselves who should actually go forward and organise this.

We must not automatically assume we have a right to a space inside Firhill. An approach needs to be made to the Club.

Shuggie

OK Nomads - and friends

I have spoken with this supplier and learned that we need not be concerned with stitching costs - there are none.

I also learned that there is an 8% discount available to us. So that ought to reduce costs to £450 x 92% = £414, assuming a 20' x 10' flag is considered the one to go for.

So this route would require around 40+ of us to get involved. Anyone know of alternative suppliers - especially those who have already organised flags.

I would advocate we stick with the Nomad badge in the centre with perhaps a yellow centre band to act as background contrast bordered by broadish red stripes then thinner black stripes to the top and bottom?

Thoughts?

Lastly, we ought to decide among ourselves who should actually go forward and organise this.

We must not automatically assume we have a right to a space inside Firhill. An approach needs to be made to the Club.

Shuggie

Shuggie there will be no issues in the Nomads putting up a Flag in the North Stand - it will be most welcome. - Jim Alexander

OK Nomads - and friends

Thoughts?

Shuggie

That's great, I saw on his facebook page that he was offering an 8% discount after I posted the link, so I'm glad he brought it up!

It looks excellent. My own preference would be for one broad red top half and a black bottom half, with yellow writing, but I'd be happy with this one!

Very quickly drew this up, forgot to change all the text colour but think it also looks good.

Nomads_Flag_Idea_2.jpg

Twinny - you got mail - lets see what you come up with now. It is my understanding that we supply the best spec logos, the outline design and the cost is as I reported earlier (again should we go down this route / supplier)

Jim - many thanks for your assurances, great news.

Only a few days gone by and we have a good few pledges!!

The nomad flag seems quite big.

So...

What is the size of space between pillars along the back. The Amsterdam jags flag fills 2 thirds of the gap.

This is a good question (esp given my ignorance!!)

Anyone able to suggest a suitable flag size for the space(s) available?

FAO Nomads

There is currently a OneThistle flag awaiting to be ordered from barmyflags. 25 x 12.5 ft and has the current badge on it with some writing too. Cost = £450. I hope this helps assessing the best value for money/company/size of flag your opting for.

Thanks!