Alan Moore Aka Rat Boy

Partick75

Fed up with, reading Rat boy's comments in the press about Thistle and how good his Morton team are, let's ram it right up him and win this league and shut the Rat up, moan the Jag's.

A 25 year absence from the top flight (as opposed to our 'measly' 9) means that their uncouth desperation is beginning to show through. Unfortunately it's only going to get worse for them.

Personally, I love the fact that we dont talk about them at all.

Shows up their small town, small team mentality.

We are better than them in every position on the park. The table will show this at the end of the season whatever the wee unwashed rat from the tail of the bank has to say.

Personally, I love the fact that we dont talk about them at all.

Shows up their small town, small team mentality.

We are better than them in every position on the park. The table will show this at the end of the season whatever the wee unwashed rat from the tail of the bank has to say.

Absolute nonsense. Results between the teams certainly suggest otherwise. If it hadn't been for Moore's strange decision to keep Hardie on the bench until half-time at Cappielow last time out, Morton would probably have taken 9 out of 9 points against Thistle.

Being honest, if I was picking a 'select' team from Thistle and Morton it would probably end up a very even split... 5 or 6 players from each team. Bachirou, Tidser and Reid are certs from Morton... then Hardie is one of the most influential players in the league; MacDonald has been the most prolific striker in the division since returning from injury.. others are up for debate.

Both have good solid teams by First Divison standards, Thistle having a bit more flair. Both squads would struggle badly in the SPL.

Another huge day today... Morton have the tougher game (Colin Stewart in goal is like giving Thistle a two goal start!). If Thistle win and Morton don't... it's very close to being over.

Edited by greenton

It says above his username that Greenton is a "Jags fan". If that is true (and I am sure he woudn't lie about such a thing, never mind waste time on another team's forum at 1 in the morning), then chin up mate, there's no need to put the best team down and give us all that rubbish about an even split of best players, etc. Everyone here knows that PTFC are superior to... er... whoever it is who is chasing us in the league, I forget their name. Stop fighting against it, mate. We appreciate the effort to create some debate, but there is really no need.

:-) I presume your username refers to our grassy knoll, the Bing?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Whatever. If the referee hadn't been cheating his balls off on Boxing Day, etc etc.

The referee wasn't cheating. Only had ourselves to blaim.

I used to love Tales of the Riverbank. There was a rat in it but he wasn't called Allan.

incidentally Tommy McLean used to remind me of Hammy the Hamster

Tommy was known as 'Gerbil' - and his team-mate alec miller was always 'Quasimodo' when he turned up at Firhill

Absolute nonsense. Results between the teams certainly suggest otherwise. If it hadn't been for Moore's strange decision to keep Hardie on the bench until half-time at Cappielow last time out, Morton would probably have taken 9 out of 9 points against Thistle.

Being honest, if I was picking a 'select' team from Thistle and Morton it would probably end up a very even split... 5 or 6 players from each team. Bachirou, Tidser and Reid are certs from Morton... then Hardie is one of the most influential players in the league; MacDonald has been the most prolific striker in the division since returning from injury.. others are up for debate.

Both have good solid teams by First Divison standards, Thistle having a bit more flair. Both squads would struggle badly in the SPL.

Another huge day today... Morton have the tougher game (Colin Stewart in goal is like giving Thistle a two goal start!). If Thistle win and Morton don't... it's very close to being over.

I rate Bachirou and Tidser highly - however there is no way Reid would get into the thistle side. Take a look at our goal against column. Both Muirhead and Balatoni are easily SPL class.

I rate Bachirou and Tidser highly - however there is no way Reid would get into the thistle side. Take a look at our goal against column. Both Muirhead and Balatoni are easily SPL class.

Bachirou is a decent defensive midfield player; he's not as good as Paul Paton though. Tidser would probably get a game ahead of Welsh, but there's not much in it. Not sure about Reid but he seems to be highly rated by the 'Ton fans. Left sided defender? better than Balatoni or Sinclair?

Based on what I've seen I'd personally rate Reid as the best defender in the division. Ceratinly the most impressive defender Morton have had in a long time.

On Tidser, he has had an outstanding season for Morton... without him we'd be mid-table. I'd rate Tidser as the best player in the division.. a view backed by a few journalists I've read/heard.